• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

soultron

Banned
Least exciting leaks of all time. This is more than worrying for Microsoft and sadly not really surprising.

If true, it's the beginning of a strong line up for holiday 2014. I'm sure there are other exclusive surprises coming at E3, but who knows if they'll be ready in time for holiday. I don't see how any of this is worrisome. How is adding content to a portfolio worrisome?

LowerLevel

To those saying the leaks are hurting MS in some fashion, saying/talking is one thing and actual visuals are another. One can Talk Halo2 for weeks, but when actual screen shots, video or in depth details are released, interest spikes accordingly.

Like a movie. Say studio has rights to make "Justice League" for example, buzz. Months later, writer/casting/director/etc announced or "leaked", more buzz. Month after that, set shots leaked, more buzz. Teaser? even more buzz. And so on.

They are not bringing the always online DRM bullshit back and they even have said as much. It would be suicide. This will merely be an option for those who want to go all digital and that's it. That said, digital is going to be the way going forward and there is really no stopping it, but discs are still here to stay this gen. Relax.

Exactly. It's amazing how some still think MS will bring that back and drop disc support. With that said who here would buy a $399 XBox One that came without a optical disc drive but with 1TB hard drive a one year of Live?

FluxWaveZ

Huh, wait what?

I think you might be a bit alone on this one. I'm certainly damn excited by what's been leaked.

Don't know about "of all time", but absolutely nothing other than maybe what Black Tusk might have been working on before here is exciting to me.

Pistolero

I guess my idea of what a megaton refers to is completely different to that shared by many users. Not to diminish the impact of the announced games, but most, if not all of them we've been anticipating for some time now.
Still, MS 2014 line up is fantastic : Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break and Forza Horizon 2 in the upcoming months is a huge incentive...WOW!

They are not bringing the always online DRM bullshit back and they even have said as much. It would be suicide. This will merely be an option for those who want to go all digital and that's it. That said, digital is going to be the way going forward and there is really no stopping it, but discs are still here to stay this gen. Relax.

Yep. And never mind the fact that the only plausible reason for 24hr checks in the first place was to account for physical discs being authorized/deauthorized.

A system with no disc drive has less of a need for "always online" DRM, not more.

Hexa

Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable... Crackdown? Are they going to be running with this or is it planned as a one time thing?

i-Lo

Can we rephrase this into something else? How about:

"Why isn't there a single new IP from MS's first party studios?" Because asking why isn't there a new IP in general doesn't make sense given the immediate examples.

Ergo, I said "from MS" given Quantum Break and Titanfall are both exclusive to xbone.

FiggyCal

Banned
Number of maps in what, where?

According to CBOAT. Titanfall will have 16 maps out the gate (with DLC already being worked on). Also according to CBOAT - final game uses the textures from the alpha that's already out. The thread was locked after a dev specifically denied the latter.

El_Chino

Ha! I didn't even realize I spelled it that way - force of habit.

What other "bombs" are you referring to? Because I can't think of any in recent memory that basically spelled out an entire console manufacturers plans for the next 3 years. It seems to me the leak just wanted his / her 15 minutes.
Maybe not no much at once but leaks have happened before such as Ps4/X1 specs, launch titles, and info about other games. This is nothing too strange on NeoGaf.

Now we just need to get Verendus or DemoNite to make a thread with Sony leaks and GAF will really implode.

Them Sony ninjas, man...

PSf77Wg.jpg

viveks86

So, is this an intentional dissemination of information disguised as leak?

I doubt it's intentional. This damages their marketing rollout plan. There will be people who will wait till October, now that they know there will be a white SKU or November if they want the 1 TB SKU. Most of the game related leaks, except Halo 2 are not exciting enough to hype people up since they were mostly expected. Knowing Crackdown comes in 2016 or Halo 5 in 2015 won't do anything for MS in 2014. This leak, if true, will do more harm for MS than good. It's all exciting for us, but doesn't really translate to $$$ for them.

Also, why isn't there a single new IP from MS?

Are you surprised?

Huh, wait what?

I think you might be a bit alone on this one. I'm certainly damn excited by what's been leaked.

If you don't care for Halo or Forza there isn't much new or exciting here. Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive were previously revealed, so it is conceivable some are not interested in those as well. Personally I am only interested in QB, but their messaging on that game has been pretty awful in my opinion.

ironcreed

Banned
Obviously there's no stopping it, I just don't see them producing the two at the same two I may be off though.

You really think that they are just going to screw the folks that have one with a drive and stop releasing physical copies? Come on, man. They can easily release a separate SKU a year after launch. It's not a replacement, it's merely another option.

RooMHM

Huh, wait what?

I certainly don t doubt this, unfortunately. I guess 5 is the threshold for the number of unchanged sequels from where gamers consider new things might be mandatory.

16 maps in Titanfall supposedly. However this info was coupled with stuff which was flat out denied by Respawn so take it with a grain of salt.

Ahh, thanks. I'm not expecting a lot of features, modes or maps for Titanfall, but hopefully that's not the case.

Arondight

Sigh at the wasted potential of the Black Tusk game however, this year seems surprisingly good for XB1. Better than PS4 outlook thus far.

Hope this leak is solid but I'm skeptical about all leaks now considering the track records in the past year and basically have to take their word for it. Apart from specs, some of the leaks have been pretty damn negative and some turning out to be completely false.

Shinta

Banned
Least exciting leaks of all time. This is more than worrying for Microsoft and sadly not really surprising.

That was kinda my reaction. Don't get me wrong, it's still cool to read in advance. But it's an HD remaster, Fable, Halo, Gears, and Crackdown. I guess I'm not going to miss much not having an Xbox through 2016. I'm not a fan of those series.

jem0208

If you don't care for Halo or Forza there isn't much new or exciting here. Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive were previously revealed, so it is conceivable some are not interested in those as well. Personally I am only interested in QB, but their messaging on that game has been pretty awful in my opinion.

I'm not saying it's the most exciting leak of all time however saying that it's worrying for MS is just silly.

I totally agree with you. Only Quantum Break sparks some interest. I couldn't care less about more Gears of Wars, Halo or Forza.
I'm SO tired of Hollywood-ish shooters...

FiggyCal

Banned
You really think that they are just going to screw the folks that have one with a drive and stop releasing physical copies? Come on, man. They can easily release a separate SKU a year after launch. It's not a replacement, it's merely another option.

That's exactly what they wanted to do with the Xbox One when it was first announced. The Xbox One clearly wasn't intended to be a physical disc centric device as evidenced by the insane DRM on it. The Xbox One as Microsoft originally announced it should've been drive-less in the first place to match their "vision".

I doubt it's intentional. This damages their marketing rollout plan. There will be people who will wait till October, now that they know there will be a white SKU or November if they want the 1 TB SKU. Most of the game related leaks, except Halo 2 are not exciting enough to hype people up since they were mostly expected. Knowing Crackdown comes in 2016 or Halo 5 in 2015 won't do anything for MS in 2014. This leak, if true, will do more harm for MS than good.

Pretty much.

The news itself is good. Great games are coming, new SKUs, blahblahblah.

But the dates are kinda of a killer. Halo 5 next year? Crackdown in 2016? Gears in 2016? Those clinches it as the big reveals for E3 this year, which takes away the hype and mystique going into E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom