• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Thuway is posting some interesting stuff on his twitter.

(he's siding with CBOAT)

There's definitely going to be more to the story either way. But if Respawn are wrong then they have lied and that's going to be a bad look, especially when they had an employee specifically detail the texture deal during the alpha here.

The timing of it is just weird.

I'm not saying it's the most exciting leak of all time however saying that it's worrying for MS is just silly.

It's worrying in the sense that they may not have much more beyond that to reveal. MS has never been known to be well stocked on studios, and just admitted their new-talent rich studio is being put on Gears of War duty and shelved their other game.

sn00zer

The boatman continues to sink. Haha

Tin foil hat time.....
Microsoft has discovered cboat recently....a way to cut a deal and keep everyone quiet and not fired is he has to discredit himself on neogaf......he posts the Titanfall rumor which can be easily refuted by pretty much everyone (alpha textures)...this discredits cboat...in that time MS has set up its on new leaker...one who can safely dispense rumors that are either A) positive but obvious (sequels to popular IPs coming) B) Can easily be change without discrediting (specific dates) C) Doesnt matter if they leak (white XB1)

MS now has a new leaker they can control and the old leaker is discredited in one fell swoop over the course of 4 hours.
v3pVp0F00p2wqts7Mk72E3OBo1_500.jpg

ironcreed

Banned
That's exactly what they wanted to do with the Xbox One when it was first announced. The Xbox One clearly wasn't intended to be a physical disc centric device as evidenced by the insane DRM on it. The Xbox One as Microsoft originally announced it should've been drive-less in the first place to match their "vision".

Well, I'm sure glad all of that shit never happened. Pushing digital is no surprise and there is nothing sinister in offering the option for those who want it. Don't like it? Get the one with the drive. Easy peasy.

Outside of Halo 2 which is a megaton for me if they keep that MP intact is anyone really surprised by that list. It's the most by the numbers list of games possible.

Oh I definitely agree Halo 5 being delayed was the only surprise. Everything does sound quite believable though due to that. EDIT: FH2 details are a surprise/hard to believe as well. Forgot about that.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Pretty much.

The news itself is good. Great games are coming, new SKUs, blahblahblah.

But the dates are kinda of a killer. Halo 5 next year? Crackdown in 2016? Gears in 2016? Those clinches it as the big reveals for E3 this year, which takes away the hype and mystique going into E3.

nktrnl specifically mentioned that CD3 isn't likely to be at E3 this year, I would put a Gears teaser in the same level of doubt with that knowledge.

Hexa

I'm kinda nervous for CBoaT, I hope it wasn't a trap like someone suggested to out Cboats real identity...

1. Leak out different untrue information to various people suspected of being cboat.
2. Purposely leak out a crapton to incite cboat to leak something as well.
3. Catch cboat red handed.
4. ????
5. Profit

Stay safe cboat! /salute

i-Lo

$399 optical drive less console. Cheaper, but you cannot play or sell used games.
hmmm.

If true, then in time the partners of Machinima and hosts at Polygon and Rev3 will provide us with rationales for why it is a better value for money than its competitor.

I doubt it's intentional. This damages their marketing rollout plan. There will be people who will wait till October, now that they know there will be a white SKU or November if they want the 1 TB SKU. Most of the game related leaks, except Halo 2 are not exciting enough to hype people up since they were mostly expected. Knowing Crackdown comes in 2016 or Halo 5 in 2015 won't do anything for MS in 2014. This leak, if true, will do more harm for MS than good. It's all exciting for us, but doesn't really translate to $$$ for them.

Fair enough.

Lunzio

I also think it's pretty interesting that the 360 version of Titanfall is being touted as impressive, especially in comparison to the XONE version

Tin foil hat time.....
Microsoft has discovered cboat recently....a way to cut a deal and keep everyone quiet and not fired is he has to discredit himself on neogaf......he posts the Titanfall rumor which can be easily refuted by pretty much everyone (alpha textures)...this discredits cboat...in that time MS has set up its on new leaker...one who can safely dispense rumors that are either A) positive but obvious (sequels to popular IPs coming) B) Can easily be change without discrediting (specific dates) C) Doesnt matter if they leak (white XB1)

MS now has a new leaker they can control and the old leaker is discredited in one fell swoop over the course of 4 hours.
Yeah the CBOAT shipped has sailed. I can imagine him in handcuffs right now declaring his innocence in code speak.

Owzers

I don't see myself getting an xbox one until 2015 at the earliest presuming this stuff is true, and even then i might just skip it. I don't care about Halo 2 at all, crackdown 2 was not fun for me and the Fable franchise looks decimated. Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive are intriguing and Titanfall looks fun. A $399 sku without a disc drive would be disgusting.

while leaks are fun, it does kill Microsoft's hype schedule, but if all they have are Halo remakes and more Forza i don't think that was going to matter.

If there is no new mainline Halo game this year then I fully expect Sony to delay Uncharted to 2015. I do appreciate MS "leaking" the schedule of games. It helps to know what is coming and when.

FrankT

Tin foil hat time.....

I'm thinking Tryion Lannister kind of smoke out job. The wrong info to the right person......

Xpliskin

1. Leak out different untrue information to various people suspected of being cboat.
2. Purposely leak out a crapton to incite cboat to leak something as well.
3. Catch cboat red handed.
4. ????
5. Profit

Stay safe cboat! /salute

If you put it like that, it might work.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
$399 XB1 this year? "Maybe one without an Optical Disc Drive."

Get out of here Microsoft. The only new SKU you need to be introducing is the one without a Kinect in the box. Until then you can take a hike.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
No optical disc drive? Eh, maybe if I have Google fiber. Otherwise, nope, that's a horrible idea. 12 hour downloads for large titles and not being able to netflix while you do it.

FiggyCal

Banned
In that case I would imagine respawn would have not commented.

Respawn have previously said that the textures weren't final. Either 1: they didn't want to be caught lying about their previous statement and hope no one would notice. Or 2: the insiders are wrong or will be wrong on release.

The game hasn't gone gold yet and they could still release a day 1 patch to up the textures. Nothing is final at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom