• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox event: Make your predictions GAF

FordGTGuy

Banned
I'm sure they will joke on the fact that Sony didn't show the PS4 during the PS Meeting.

They aren't going to mention Sony even once, just like Sony didn't mention Microsoft.

Companies don't act like internet forums, they aren't just going to come out and spend their time talking down the PS4. They are going to come out and show the new Xbox and try their best to sell it to everyone watching.

B4D1E

They aren't going to mention Sony even once, just like Sony didn't mention Microsoft.

Companies don't act like internet forums, they aren't just going to come out and spend their time talking down the PS4. They are going to come out and show the new Xbox and try their best to sell it to everyone watching.

For sure they will not mention Sony nor the PS4, but knowing MS, they'll hint at that fact subtly.

FordGTGuy

Banned
?? I don't understand what's got to do with it? I'm in since the original Xbox.

It's been a long time since the last new console generation and for a lot of people this will be the first one they are really following. I can tell you in full confidence that they are not even going to subtly mention the PS4 not showing their console.

This isn't a prediction. The Xbox event will be more about the vision for Xbox as far more than just a gaming device, but more as a piece of technology that is a must have in any household or living room. E3 will be much more of a gaming event.

Do not be surprised if this event touches on what Microsoft has in the pipeline as far as games are concerned at very minimum level.

TheKayle

Banned
have u seen this?

xboxinfinity.jpg

http://www.stuff.tv/news/computers-and-consoles/rumour-mill/xbox-infinity-console-leaked

FordGTGuy

Banned

www.xbox8.com

Takes you directly to Xbox.com, all but confirmed now.

A lot of wasting everyone's time with kinect shit.
A lot of spinning anti consumer practices.
A bunch of shooters
Diablo 3 for xbox 3
Showing low end specs and spinning that into a 20 minute talk about how gameplay > graphics and how the DVR overlay shit ad(d)s value
Not a word about how they'll keep their paywalls erect.

I thought the new juniors were bad...

A bunch of shooters
Diablo 3 for xbox 3
Controller changed so they can drop xbox 360 controller support and sell you more controllers to add to the pile you already have.
Showing low end specs and spinning that into a 20 minute talk about how gameplay > graphics (right after they showed a bunch of 30 fps games with cover shootbanging) and how the DVR overlay shit ad(d)s value

FordGTGuy

Banned
We knew that ages ago TBH.

Ages ago we didn't have pictures of these logos we now have... there are a few websites Microsoft have bought but they mean nothing without further evidence.

Some companies will buy website urls and hold onto them for future use if they decide to stick with a name.

Nero3000

Except for Apple, who one conference rolled out one guy to trash on microsft for 30 minutes.

But you got to play to your audience (which was developers).

Nero3000

- "XBox 360 SoC" to be included and used for more than backwards compatability
- This will tie in with the $99 Xbox TV box (Apple TV competitor) which is based on this 360 SoC
- Everyone will complain about there being no start button

bidguy

Banned
hopefully some changes to xbox live gold
im tired of all that deal of the week bs after 5 years. gimme something new.

Seanlb

Neo Member
- The EA/MS deal to be built around exclusivity or exclusivity content, or even a exclusive off shoot from the Mass Effect series; plus a XBox exclusive Bioware franchise possibly also Mass Effect related.
- A range of social simulation apps and free runners for XBLA to dually be released on IOS including the likes of Viva Piñata, enabling one to play away from the box yadda yadda.
- Shenmue 3....

ekim

-Named something in the lines of "new generation" "Darwin" - something like "Xbox Shift", "Xbox Evolution"
-Box is shown
-2-3 first party titles shown
-new kinect demonstration
-W8 integration explained
-Smartglass off tv play
-Tv and entertainment stuff

Bgamer90

Banned
A bunch of shooters
Diablo 3 for xbox 3
Controller changed so they can drop xbox 360 controller support and sell you more controllers to add to the pile you already have.
Showing low end specs and spinning that into a 20 minute talk about how gameplay > graphics (right after they showed a bunch of 30 fps games with cover shootbanging) and how the DVR overlay shit ad(d)s value

Tell us how you really feel.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I've come to find that I actually have really little interest in next gen. I had the realisation earlier today that I'm not at all interested in the Xbox 3 announcement because of what it might offer (pretty much, I assume, exactly what the PS4 offers, viz. exactly what PS3/360 offer, but with more polygons), but only to see which of the rumours turn out to be true. I can't see myself buying either of these machines for 2-3 years currently.

- BC for xbla and GOD but not disk
- alan wake 2
- a Rare Kinect v2 project
- xboxTV
- smartglass v2
- New Forza
- New Fable
- Dancing of some sort

prediction: building the hype for E3, an hour presentation isn't going to dig deep into games or features. General talk like Sony did for about 20 mins. Multimedia stuff for 10 mins. Some first party games and kinect for 20 mins. Some "megaton" thing for 10.
Think E3 will be where it's at -> more time and bigger press.

No appearence or mention of Square Enix, if the rumours of a partnership with Sony (to be announced at E3) have any truth to them.

If they are a no show it will be very telling...

Vormund

-Name announced
-disc less Xbox Mini and Durango shown and link per those VGleaks rumors (probably a forthcoming 360 dashboard update as well)
-A few games
-Architecture but nothing specific about clock speeds etc
-price not announced (except for the mini perhaps)
-some stuff about XBLA along with Xbox mini announcement

Reiko

Banned
A bunch of shooters
Diablo 3 for xbox 3

noneedupset.gif

jaosobno

1. Console (more likely an empty plastic box) will make an appearance.

2. No price, will be announced on E3 (but they will hint at affordable hardware)

3. New controller will be shown, however nothing interesting about it so they won't focus too much on it.

4. General release date will be mentioned (end of 2013. or early 2014.), specific date on E3.

5. Xbox Live redesigned, more details on E3 (you'll still pay to play).

6. Mention of Cloud gaming effort but nothing concrete (they probably won't have anything concrete on E3 either, Cloud probably won't be one of the launch features)

7. Few games will be shown (most likely Ryse, new Halo and potential COD next gen port)

8. Announcement of partnership with EA.

9. Diablo 3 coming to X360/X720 too (no shit)

10. Will play used games.

11. Won't require always online, that decision will be left in the hands of devs.

12. No BC (will be only hinted at presentation and confirmed in subsequent interviews since they will try to keep the presentation only about positive stuff).

13. Will be touted as entertainment box, however Microsoft will make an effort to reassure everyone that it's still a (part) gaming console.

14. If rumors of weaker hardware than the one in PS4 are true, they will use general expression like "powerful 8 core CPU", "8 GB of fast RAM (won't specify it's DDR3) combined with 32 MB of blazing fast eSRAM all combined on a single piece of sillicon to provide true next gen performance", "very capable next generation GPU" (they will avoid raw performance numbers like ROPs, bandwidth, TMUs, etc. like a plague). If hardware is equally capable or even more capable than PS4 then they will show raw numbers and claim X720 offers "unmatched next gen performance" (not likely since all rumors point to weaker hardware).

15. Will present Kineckt like a "vital piece of new Xbox experience" that offers "unmatched gaming immersion for all ages".

16. We will be disappointed.

Square running themselves into the ground? Yeah kinda believable TBH.

Considering the company's past history with Sony and the fact they have started releasing future titles exclusively for PS3, that is the only reason I currently have to the believe the rumour.
If they are abscent and not mentioned at all during MS event then I think many of us will know something's 'up'.

-Substantial emphasis on the "all in one" aspect of the box. TV deals, content streaming/access, really sleek looking kinect integration and interface

-Always online aspect will be danced around but not mentioned directly during the conf. It will be implied through talking up of xbox live being the premier online community and its integration into the box.

-EA relationship stronger than last gen, practically second party level stuff

-At least one shocking exclusive "get" with an immediate "money hatting" reaction from GAF

-Hardware good, but a little less than PS4 on paper but no clear cut "winner" based on the demos MS shows. Thus leaving the graphics debate to continue for at least another two years

-Overall tone that MS has been making buddies with more major companies over small game devs, that is, a focus on getting things like HBO on the box more than a direct link with indie game devs.

-A deluge of phenomenal and hilarious GIFS generated by GAF and worth every second of thread participation regardless if you have any intention of ever buying a x720 or PS4

Xbox Next specs and console revealed
No Always On
Used Games Allowed
Deep Windows 8 integration (games, store, apps)
Cross platform gaming across PC, tablet, phone (Cloud saving)
You buy game/app on one platform, you can play on others similar to Apple and Google Ecosystem
Xbox Next 3rd party exclusives announced
Xbox Next exclusives will come out on Win 8 Pc 1-2 years afterwards
Kinect 2.0 Built it, low latency
Xbox Live Gold/Platinum to imitate PS+
Megaton: Starcraft 2: Kinect version announced with voice command and motion control funtionality
Kinect 2 for PC

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
My predictions

- They will show the console. After Major Nelson calling out Sony for not showing the PS4, they have to show the new XBox.
- Kinect improvements and acknowledgement that the current Kinect had some shortcomings
- Announce some partnerships with cable tv providers and show DVR capabilities.
- Announce always on is only related to DVR stuff and remote download initiation
- Show 3 or 4 games, announce some exclusive deal with a publisher
- Show backwards capability solution
- Announce Twitch.tv integration

Xbox is in a weird spot. Because it has invaded living rooms so succesfully, the console means many things to many people. I know people who use the 360 to watch ESPN, Netflix, HBOGo, iheartradio and play Madden and Call of Duty. That is it. They are really happy with the 360 doing those things only. I know others who use it as a gaming system primarily and play multiplayer shooters everyday.

So how do you make sure you don't alienate either of those consumers? They both spend money with you. They both are important segments. Usually the solution is to pack in enough features into the product to satisfy all parties, but in public demonstrations don't tout many of them as not to alienate anyone.

Ushae

Banned
Obvious ones are.

- Kinect 2.0 (I'm expecting this to be very good, what was expected in the first iteration)
- Live TV Integration
- New Interface Changes, Live Pausing etc
- New Features e.g. real time gaming/installation
- Specs, most likely similar to PS4 if a little weaker

Wildcards

- New IP's
- Kinect games
- 3rd Party partnerships/exclusives
- Integrated App Store ?
- Backwards Compatibility
- Always On ?

Can't wait for all this to unviel, finally put the rumors to rest with some facts. For me games that would change the playing field would be, Battlefield, COD, Mass Effect and Destiny. If MS can muster support from these developers/publishers they'll do well.

Spongebob

Banned
I'm willing to bet that we'll see some cable providers on stage to announce that they're patterning with MS to sell subscription based consoles that will include cable services in addition.

TheKayle

Banned
1. Console (more likely an empty plastic box) will make an appearance.

2. No price, will be announced on E3 (but they will hint at affordable hardware)

3. New controller will be shown, however nothing interesting about it so they won't focus too much on it.

4. General release date will be mentioned (end of 2013. or early 2014.), specific date on E3.

5. Xbox Live redesigned, more details on E3 (you'll still pay to play).

6. Mention of Cloud gaming effort but nothing concrete (they probably won't have anything concrete on E3 either, Cloud probably won't be one of the launch features)

7. Few games will be shown (most likely Ryse, new Halo and potential COD next gen port)

8. Announcement of partnership with EA.

9. Diablo 3 coming to X360/X720 too (no shit)

10. Will play used games.

11. Won't require always online, that decision will be left in the hands of devs.

12. No BC (will be only hinted at presentation and confirmed in subsequent interviews since they will try to keep the presentation only about positive stuff).

13. Will be touted as entertainment box, however Microsoft will make an effort to reassure everyone that it's still a (part) gaming console.

14. If rumors of weaker hardware than the one in PS4 are true, they will use general expression like "powerful 8 core CPU", "8 GB of fast RAM (won't specify it's DDR3) combined with 32 MB of blazing fast eSRAM all combined on a single piece of sillicon to provide true next gen performance", "very capable next generation GPU" (they will avoid raw performance numbers like ROPs, bandwidth, TMUs, etc. like a plague). If hardware is equally capable or even more capable than PS4 then they will show raw numbers and claim X720 offers "unmatched next gen performance" (not likely since all rumors point to weaker hardware).

15. Will present Kineckt like a "vital piece of new Xbox experience" that offers "unmatched gaming immersion for all ages".

16. We will be disappointed.

and then u will buy a ps4 right?

dat oriented predictions

14: u mean somethng like "supercharged pc architecture" o "enanched pc gpu" istead of low end pc gpu etc etc? (well at least compared to nowdays pc gpus)

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/8445415/ps4_specs.0_cinema_640.0.jpg

let them do their show..then choose...is this hard?

Top Bottom