• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox event: Make your predictions GAF

TV
Apps
More TV and apps
Cool futuristic interfaces to control the TV and apps
Some tech demos with insane graphics that will blow everyone away, but won't be matched by the actual launch games.

NotUS

- Console actually revealed (similar spec to PS4)
- Kinect 2 (included with all consoles)
- Illumiroom / Smartglass
- Xbox Live 2 (always online not true, used games allowed, TV deal)
- Backwards compatibility, developer & indie friendly.
- 2 Sku's (standard & elite. Elite to include Illumiroom, Xbox Live 2 membership & extras)
- Subscription model to subsidize price (via xbox live, pay TV or some other form)
- Affordable price & small launch window (prior to PS4 launch)

Gaming Wise (short 2 minute demo's/glimpses & bullet points, with more info reserved for E3)
- Next Gen COD
- Battlefield 4
- Alan Wake 2
- Fable 4
- Black Tusk Game
- Kinect 2 Game (part of Kinect 2 preso, not compatible with Kinect 1)
- Forza 5

I doubt any Halo 5 & Destiny info, more likely left for E3, along with other exclusive gameing deals. As the whole world is watching, launching a new game from Black Tusk without all the E3 noise would be beneficial.

Unlike Sony's conference, this one will be less speculation & more presentation/demonstration. One hour is perfect, half hour to console and half hour to games. Just enough info to get everyone even more excited for E3.

shandy706

Order McDonalds while in game (That's a Sony Patent)
Forza (would love that...but expect PGR)
Fable (Meh....I expect Fable MMO....at E3)
KinectiFriends (Meh)
Pizza Hut importance (I'm on a diet :( )
Price raise for Live (Doubt it, unless it's a 4 per household thing for one price (instead of family plan))

Other things I expect.

A quick look at the past.
Reveal of console.
Broad overview of hardware.
3D Kinect Demonstration (person or objects scanned in)
Quick Description of TV/Entertainment Integration

Last 20 minutes about games. CoD, PGR, Fable or KotOR, some exclusive partnerships. Hint at either Perfect Dark or Killer Instinct. Ryse.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
- Console actually revealed (similar spec to PS4)
- Kinect 2 (included with all consoles)
- Illumiroom / Smartglass
- Xbox Live 2 (always online not true, used games allowed, TV deal)
- Backwards compatibility, developer & indie friendly.
- 2 Sku's (standard & elite. Elite to include Illumiroom, Xbox Live 2 membership & extras)
- Subscription model to subsidize price (via xbox live, pay TV or some other form)
- Affordable price & small launch window (prior to PS4 launch)

Gaming Wise (short 2 minute demo's/glimpses & bullet points, with more info reserved for E3)
- Next Gen COD
- Battlefield 4
- Alan Wake 2
- Fable 4
- Black Tusk Game
- Kinect 2 Game (part of Kinect 2 preso, not compatible with Kinect 1)
- Forza 5

I doubt any Halo 5 & Destiny info, more likely left for E3, along with other exclusive gameing deals. As the whole world is watching, launching a new game from Black Tusk without all the E3 noise would be beneficial.

Unlike Sony's conference, this one will be less speculation & more presentation/demonstration. One hour is perfect, half hour to console and half hour to games. Just enough info to get everyone even more excited for E3.

Yeah, I agree with this list mostly. Can you imagine MS trolling everyone with that "always-online" thing? While it does seem to be coming true, what if it's a ruse and they say it isn't? Gamers everywhere would be ecstatic! Ecstatic for a "feature" that shouldn't even be implemented in the first place! So, they bring back people to the fold, kill the rumor and look like good guys in the process.

Of course, I'm grasping at straws here and always-on could be true. Even so, I doubt they'd use that announcement event to talk about it since that will overshadow everything they announce.

Strike

-Commercials
-Execs, Developers, and Celebrities talking about the possibilities with the new Xbox experience
-New Xbox Live
-Xbox Mini
-Kinect 2.0
-Multimedia (TV, Apps, Smartglass)
-The Box itself (and some jab @ Sony)
-Ryse footage
-New Epic IP
-Rare stuff
-Alan Wake Season 2
-EA (Madden, Battlefield 4, FIFA, Dragon Age III, Possibly Respawn's game)
-New Forza
-New PGR
-Call of Duty with Timed DLC
-More details at E3

shandy706

My backup prediction for the start of the show is this.

"Lights dim"

"Man walks out with NeXtbox in hands."

"Plugs Xbox in. Turns on. Waits for full boot. Goes to settings, turns off Wifi. Starts playing game.........for 4 minutes."

"Man stands, turns, bows. Walks off stage."

"Show ends."

Usobuko

Banned
It will be neither always-online or anti-used games. I really doubt Microsoft is going with this direction.

More emphasis on entertainment so they are poised to counter w/e Apple can throw out but I expect money-hat exclusives or exclusives DLC for games too. Exlcusives wise, more of the former if Microsoft wanted to repeat its strategy this generation, more of the latter if they are being cheap and wanted to get maximum benefits for minimum costs.

NotUS

Yeah, I agree with this list mostly. Can you imagine MS trolling everyone with that "always-online" thing? While it does seem to be coming true, what if it's a ruse and they say it isn't? Gamers everywhere would be ecstatic! Ecstatic for a "feature" that shouldn't even be implemented in the first place! So, they bring back people to the fold, kill the rumor and look like good guys in the process.

Of course, I'm grasping at straws here and always-on could be true. Even so, I doubt they'd use that announcement event to talk about it since that will overshadow everything they announce.

My personal opinion is MS are fully aware of a number of issues brought up numerous times by gamers, gaming websites & magazines.

Always online won't be mandatory, but will be introduced in such a positive and beneficial way that mid console cycle it will become wider implemented.

Used games, same deal as always online, same with Free To Play.

Exclusives, bigger focus on DLC, exclusive content and timed releases. Less focus on exclusive games, aside from a select few purposely held back to prop up launch window. Black Tusk being the key here to produce the next exciting new franchise.

I also think at E3 we will finally see the $99 xbox 360 to really make it difficult for the PS3 and flood the late adopter market with MS consoles, with the view to capture them 2-3 years into the 720 life cycle. This could be done through pricing, or exclusive offers through xbox live on the 360.

RayMaker

Banned
the same amount of games shown as sony did
they will also show the box
they will talk more about kinect and its multimedia functions
there UE4 demo will look better then the PS4's (due to durango having more ram from the very first devkit) and because of epic's + MS relationship
can play used games
can play games without the internet
Microsoft's secret weapon - A megaton EA partnership ( timed exclusives and exclusive DLC throughout the entire gen)

Spongebob

Banned
the same amount of games shown as sony did
they will also show the box
they will talk more about kinect and its multimedia funtion
there UE4 demo will look better then the PS4's (due to durango having more ram from the very first devkit) and because of epic's + MS relationship
can play used games
can play games without the internet
No, not when the memory is DDR3 and devs have 33% less GPU power to play with.

They won't talk about the specs at all. They'll just make bombastic proclamations about the system's capabilities (1080p, mind-blowing visuals, etc.).

watership

This will be the most harshly received console announcement ever. And then when the dust settles, and E3 has come on gone, and it shows up on shelves in November.... then we'll know if gaf was right or wrong.

RayMaker

Banned
No, not when the memory is DDR3 and devs have 33% less GPU power to play with.

So the available 4gb gddr5 in early PS4 devkits is still >>>>>>>> 8gb ddr3 = 32mb esram

If thats the case and the leaks specs are true it wont be anything to do with power, it will be because epic have spent more time with the durango and have had more time to polish and perfect UE4 demo for the durango.

Epic are still in tight with MS they would of been the first to receive a dev kit.

Another reason why I think the durango UE4 demo will look better is because the PS4 demo looked so rushed and unoptimised, even though they took out the voxel lighting for the ps4 version, the infiltrator demo does not have voxel lighting either but still looks way better then the UE4 PS4 demo.

KidBeta

So the available 4gb gddr5 in early PS4 devkits is still >>>>>>>> 8gb ddr3 = 32mb esram

If thats the case and the leaks specs are true it wont be anything to do with power, it will be because epic have spent more time with the durango and have had more time to polish and perfect UE4 demo for the durango.

Epic are still in tight with MS they would of been the first to receive a dev kit.

RAM doesn't matter when your bound by how fast you can compute something.

Mobius 1

This is what I predict right after specs and games are announced:

idJloEfukffXg.gif

-Space pants given out instead of ponchos
-Xbox Mini reveal to open the show and troll everyone
-TV subscription plan
-Apps and more apps
-Bunch of talk about the cloud
-New console reveal
-Justin Beiber concert
-Kinect 2! Kinect 2! OMG it's Kinect 2!!!
-Awkward silence from the audience while Mattrick smiles uncomfortably
-Overly long video with interviews of 3rd party devs
-Ends with a teaser for a shitty Kinect game

Vire

-Commercials
-Execs, Developers, and Celebrities talking about the possibilities with the new Xbox experience
-New Xbox Live
-Xbox Mini
-Kinect 2.0
-Multimedia (TV, Apps, Smartglass)
-The Box itself (and some jab @ Sony)
-Ryse footage
-New Epic IP
-Rare stuff
-Alan Wake Season 2
-EA (Madden, Battlefield 4, FIFA, Dragon Age III, Possibly Respawn's game)
-New Forza
-New PGR
-Call of Duty with Timed DLC
-More details at E3

All that in 60 minutes? Somehow I doubt it.

Mostly everything you listed will be talked about at E3.

Cincaid

One (or all) of these scenarios would be awesome, mostly to see Internet implode:

• GTAV (next-gen version) exclusive
  • Fallout 4 exclusive
  • Elder Scrolls VI exclusive

Cincaid

IF (Big if) any of those were to happen, I would expect it to be saved for E3

Heh yeah, I hardly expect any of those to be real (and especially not revealed during their private conference), but GAF would be a treat to read for weeks if it *did* happen. ^^

TheKayle

Banned
1. I was just pointing out how unlikely that prediction was, nothing else to it.

2. Considering how many sites are reporting the same things, those rumors are likely. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong by stating what's likely to happen.

being integrated with kinect...dosnt mean kinect only.....forza could have head tracking again...and gears could have voice control......thats it..

all the sites rumors was based on the same vgleaks one..that seem to be old and not precise seeing thats missing an entire soc in the diagram.......and i dont think u add a soc on the mobo in the last 3 months so or something is hiding (as they hide an entire soc...could hide everything else) or that rumor was bs or was too old....or the 360soc rumor is fake....but seen that vgleaks posted it too....should be seen as legit as the 1.2tf first one......there r no other way to look at that rumors

u being just negative (its clear)...i hope u will not feel too much bad if your prediction dosnt happen

@ raymaker

i bet my pants they will show epic infiltrator demo (that was running on a gtx680) on it and not the old elemental one

KidBeta

being integrated with kinect...dosnt mean kinect only.....forza could have head tracking again...and gears could have voice control......thats it..

all the sites rumors was based on the same vgleaks one..that seem to be old and not precise seeing thats missing an entire soc in the diagram.......and i dont think u add a soc on the mobo in the last 3 months so or something is hiding (as they hide an entire soc...could hide everything else) or that rumor was bs or was too old....or the 360soc rumor is fake....but seen that vgleaks posted it too....should be seen as legit as the 1.2tf first one......there r no other way to look at that rumors

u being just negative (its clear)...i hope u will not feel too much bad if your prediction dosnt happen

vgleaks could have missed nothing, the developers don't need to know about a xbox 360 SoC in a console they cannot even use, it wouldn't be mentioned in documents for them as they have 0 iteration with it. To try and dismiss the vgleaks rumours because they don't mention a SoC which may not even be mentioned in the documents that they have.

Also the vgleaks rumours seem to be at least partially based off the information from the Durango summit last year, and believe it or not a entire SoC that is complex as a console does take 1 year + to actually get out to the consumer without major modification these things take a lot of time and effort to get out the door and they wouldn't through out all of these work.

Arthea

Only 60 minutes?
Then it's console reveal mostly, no games, some TV, some apps, some Kinect 2.0, but mostly about console and entertainment. May be one big reveal, shooter most likely.

Everyone outside of the USA getting fucked:

General:
- name: xbox infinity or xbox ∞
- always online
- can play used games but buy a code for $5 to $10 (aka buy a new serial number)
- Entertainment, tv and other media, set op box integration etc
- Almost same controller, better but not perfect D-pad, less latency
- An and-on will have Backwards compatibility.
- Large Hard drive
- Reinvent XBL (up friend limit, schedules, integrated clans/friend groups etc).
- Kinect 2.0 will be sold with every next gen xbox

Games:
- Backwards compatibly for XBLA games.
- Kinect 2.0 Tech demo's / will end up being the pack in game.
- Alan Wake 2 teaser full reveal E3
- Ryse
- MS new ip
- Forza
- Lionhead new ip
- All EA sports games DLC exclusive, and other EA sports exclusivities (not full games).
- Halo teaser for E3
- GTA V exclusive next gen high res version for xbox

Release fall 2013 and nothing else.

No mention:
- Price
- What international users get out of it
- Release date
- SKU's

imjust1n

Banned
so TV top SKU will just be a cheap xbox 360 ..... that cant play next gen? Only watch tv stuff but I have a google tv that does that..

TheKayle

Banned
vgleaks could have missed nothing, the developers don't need to know about a xbox 360 SoC in a console they cannot even use, it wouldn't be mentioned in documents for them as they have 0 iteration with it. To try and dismiss the vgleaks rumours because they don't mention a SoC which may not even be mentioned in the documents that they have.

Also the vgleaks rumours seem to be at least partially based off the information from the Durango summit last year, and believe it or not a entire SoC that is complex as a console does take 1 year + to actually get out to the consumer without major modification these things take a lot of time and effort to get out the door and they wouldn't through out all of these work.

u right ...and i think all depend from what dev this leak came from....im just not taking vgleaks as the bible....coz in the best case that was at least 1 year old docu...(1 year when it hit the web...not now)

i could accept ur words if came out from a first party dev.......where is clear they would be interested just in the "new" durango design

but is hard for me to trust that 3rd party devs and indie devs would no be interested to know that durango have a 360 soc in the mobo....coz i dont think this type of devs will stop day 21 to give x360 games....

i never seen ms act secretly like this time...usually their stuff hit the web months before
well we r close enough now just wait and we will see

ant1532

Banned
GUARANTEED:

microsoft will show their console at one point during the conference and make an all too easy and unnecessary jab at sony for not showing theirs.

Leucrota

Will be called Infinity Xbox
Unveil Box
- Talk specs (less than or equal to PS4)
New Xbox Live features announced
- New avatar system
- Major friend limit increase
- Tv deals
Unveil of Kinect 2
- Recognizes fingers, lifting of feet
- Included with all Xboxes
Kinect Game 1 (Ryse)
CoD
Kinect Game 2 (Rare)

I preorder Ps4

Evoga

Speak yo minds. I'm thinking something along the lines of:

-It will just be called 'Xbox'.
-They'll show the console. 2 versions: Premium core version (big HDD) + TV top SKU
-They will reveal their partnership with EA
-Not backwards compatible.
-Does not block used games
-Kinect will be built in and mandatory (they'll go in depth on the improvements of Kinect 2.0)
-Very few if anything game related will be shown

That's not a difficult prediction as it's all been posted about before.

It's like me 'predicting' the stock market is going to crash and an end to fiat money.

Top Bottom