• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox event: Make your predictions GAF

CookTrain

My prediction: "Always online" will be a thing, but it won't mean mandatory online or no offline gaming or whatever. It'll be WiiConnect24 on steroids. If you choose to provide an internet connection, your Xbox will always be looking for things to do with it. Updates, TV overlays, whatever.

Protome

Considering how short the event is scheduled to be I'm thinking

• Console announced (duh)
  • New media features demonstrated
  • Tech demos showed
  • Way more time dedicated to Kinect than anyone wants
  • No always online
  • Maybe one big game. I'd guess Forza.
  • New Backwards Compatibility solution - "Buy this slightly cheaper 360"

red731

When turned on, you will have the possibility to have subscribed reddits directly on the main page of the system.

Gotta tap that demographic.

Protome

When turned on, you will have the possibility to have subscribed reddits directly on the main page of the system.

Gotta tap that demographic.

Always online isn't implemented as DRM, is implemented as a way to reach the Reddit community.
Reddit users aren't sure who to hate anymore.

nero2082

less of a prediction, more of a speculation from winningelevenblog guys :

"can't wait to see you guys drool"

when asked about new PES info he pointed at Xbox reveal event

"#XboxReveal
that's all I can reveal right now ..... I love Konami and don't want them to jump on me "

safe to say that Konami will be presenting PES 2014 on Fox Engine

80% on New "Social" Experience and other Xbox Live/Kinect gimmicks. 15% on Halo 5. 5% on other games that'll be out on PS4 and PC also (except Wii U)

I might be the only person in the world who wants this, but I hope they announce another online quiz thing like 1 vs 100. I thought it was great, it was liked both by casuals and core gamers (at least among my friends), and it does seem like the kind of thing that MS are branching out to. Doing the gestures with Kinect (rather than tapping a button like in the original game) would be amusing too...

Dabanton

I might be the only person in the world who wants this, but I hope they announce another online quiz thing like 1 vs 100. I thought it was great, it was liked both by casuals and core gamers (at least among my friends), and it does seem like the kind of thing that MS are branching out to. Doing the gestures with Kinect (rather than tapping a button like in the original game) would be amusing too...

There are plenty of us who played it and want it back.

That was actually quite fun and made me think that paying for Xbox Live was a good idea and thought they would bring MORE games like this. But no.

Artex

Banned
-Things I don't want or need on my gaming console.
-Elephants
-Robes
-Presentation by profit-minded corporate bodies who are out of touch with their user base.

ShinAmano

-Next gen gta5 exclusive
-similar and awesome controller to 360
-beautiful graphics for games shown
-teasers for big games like h5
-cool features for the console no one predicted
-super fast os
-sexy box

Microsoft realized that they were offering some actual value for the Live Gold service, so it had to be eliminated.

Top Bottom