• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox event: Make your predictions GAF

borius

Neo Member
-Alan Wake 2, low budget launch title
-Halo something, launch title
-PGR5 launch title
-Ryse
-Exclusive Cod Ghosts content

-Kinect
-tv stuff
-more tv stuff
-kinect + tv
-domino's pizza app.

launch price: 450$ (kinect included and 500gb hdd)

games must be activated.

Xbox 360 99$ without disc drive.

Live Silver, Gold and Platinum, you can play f2p games with silver

Lothars

They will announce an always online system for games and everything since they want you to use it as a set top box.

I hope it's not always online for games but can be used as a set top box optionally.

Price will be 399 for low end sku and 499 for premium sku.

Bsigg12

-Hardware reveal with actual console shown
-No online requirement for basic play
-Kinect in every box but not required for system to work
-Gold to offer PS+ like services plus more
-Minimal service details though, keeping those for E3.
-CoD Ghost used to show off new Activision game engine.
-PG5/Forza used to show off other system capabilities.

I had a lot more stuff typed up but it all revolved around games being shown off which I think will be mostly moved to the E3 conference. There will definitely be games shown to showcase what the system is capable of, but the heavy hitters won't show up until E3. I think the show will last about 90 minutes total so ultimately shorter than the PS4 reveal but with the idea that this will revolve around the hardware and games will be shown 3 weeks later at E3.

Shooters, Kinect Stuff, First Party games, New Services, Nice Graphical update.

All of those are positives to me. I hope we get a Fable game with a huge scope, I love the locals behind the demons doors, so more stuff like that please.

Zeppelin

• Heavy Kinect 2.0 focus
  • Blocks used games
  • Always online DRM
  • Weak hardware
  • Services only available in NA
  • Ads
  • A couple of timed exclusives
  • No BC

kadotsu

Banned
Only the Megatons:

-Justin Bieber
-Emilia Clarke & Peter Dinklage present HBO go
-Halo/Forza
-"Xbox Live Gold is about to become better than ever with Skype party chat"
-A piece of black plastic with heat vents is shown, celebrated
-Microsoft will introduce their own Skylanders/Infinity type game utilizing Kinect 2 developed by Rare
-Someone will confuse Metro with Modern

A whole bunch of asshole fanboys spamming, "I TOLD YOU ALL HIVEMIND GAF, LOL!" regarding any rumours that turn out to be dispelled.

Truthfully, I think it'll be directly in line with what Sony did. With a healthy dose of Kinect 2.0.

Mondriaan

Digital content only (no physical media for games), cable/set top box integrated functionality, always online, xbox channel television programs on demand.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I hope to see a new Fable that might be a bit more puzzly and a little bit more light on combat. Albion was always such a charming land :)

Sure, I'll bite:

This event is going to be more about the philosophy behind the machine more than anything. So Microsoft is going to be discussing mostly what they have in store for online gaming, apps, Kinect, and the online experience in general. I don't expect them to confirm or deny whether or not it's going to be constantly online or anti-used games. Even though that will likely be a huge part of their philosophy. They'll probably go into excruciating detail about Kinect integration and how this box is the next big thing in entertainment. I expect maybe a sizzle reel of upcoming games, but nothing huge. I don't expect anything out of this event other than the confirmation that this thing is going to be a focus tested, cynical nightmare.

They're going to have timed third party exclusives. Acceptable, but kind of weak hardware. A huge push for Kinect 2.0. Ads. Apps. That's what you can expect.

cacildo

games will be the same corridor shooters you have this gen, but you better watch the reveal yourself, otherwise fanboys will swear everything is different and new and better

EvB

I see...

A trendy living room

A poorly shaven man in his mid to late twenties, playing games inside in natural daylight

He is wearing jeans and a colourful t-shirt

His friends are playing with him

Some of his friends are attractive girls.

They are laughing and having fun

His house is so clean, but he has no objects, no memories.

I see online only and Kinect!
precog_1.jpg

My predictions:

- Xbox TV (or Xbox Mini)
- Next gen Xbox
- Kinect 2.0
- New SmartGlass Tech (WiFi Direct)
- IllumiRoom, Fortaleza (VR glasses) and the smartwatch thing
- The new dashboard
- Services, services services (Skype, Xbox TV, Xbox Music, etc)
- New Xbox Live
- New controller
- Trailer with some games (CGI).

I predict:

• The actual hardware will be shown, subject to some changes
  • They will show off a lot of games. Most of them will be very impressive looking. They will announce a deal with EA
  • They will show off first party games; Rare will show off something that will look impressive (but ultimately be underwhelming), Lionhead's new game will be hinted at, more Halo and Forza, and one new IP
  • Lots of OS talk, including final clarification about always online
  • Two SKUs, and a new contract based system
  • The new Xbox LIVE Gold. Also, it's still a paid service.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Some rock-show theatrics, B level celebrity, etc.Same basic specs, TV stuff and Kinect. No internal BC, mini-360 add-on might be true. Games? Forza, Halo, Gears and some new IPs. There most be something not leaked.

8GB
-
DDR

- always online being actually Wii Connect 24 style online service and low power state
- Microsoft to make joke video making fun of people thinking always online was the connection
- Kinect 2 as standard, but not wacky waving any more. MS mentions they are pushing developers to use more passive and "Involving" integration. Game demo showing this (Possibly Alan Wake 2 using the players reaction to scares and events in the game to adjust difficulty on the fly and cause things to happen in game)
- At least 2 New IP's from MS. Likely Rare and Black Tusk
- Teasers of 1st Party franchises before official E3 reveal. Likely Alan Wake 2, PGR 5 (Maybe a PGR reboot to further differentiate it from Forza?), Halo 5.
- Some Title announcements from 3rd parties. Ubi-Soft, Capcom and EA likely. All with DLC exclusives (GAF Am Cry)
- Talk of the TV intergration. Through Cable in US. On Demand services through partners like Sky and Canal+ in Europe.
- Reworked XBL system with new price tiers. PS+ style option.
- New evolution of Live Arcade. Exclusives from Popcap, Chair, Behemoth and Twisted Pixel.
- Additional Prediction of Megaton: Respawn's game is Durango exclusive.
- Wildcard Prediction: Microsoft brings back an old franchise as a launch game. Crimson Skies, anyone?
- Wildcard prediction 2: Valve teams up with MS for Steam integration. Exclusive cross promotion deal with MS where MS games will show up on Steam and Valve console games launch exclusively on Durango. Halo Trilogy HD appears on Steam same day. NeoGAF implodes. Starts offering human sacrifices to our lord Kaz and his prophet, the Chad.

Goldmund

Where one would expect head-shaking we hear clapping. For some mysterious reason there's a lot of dancing on the stage every now and then. People who haven't spontaneously smiled for reasons other than the grief of others in a dozen years desperately feign affability. The stage design and light design have more thought put into them than all the games shown combined. Strategic partnerships to make our lives even more comfortable and miserable. All the games we've come to expect and accept because we realized how futile it is to hold out for something else. Don Mattrick has a new exciting hairdo.

Conor 419

Banned
Halo 2 HD
Forza: Ferrari & Forza: Lamborghini*
Gears of War: Judgment: The Reckoning
Kinect Sports 2
Killer Instinct Kinect
Ryse

and the big game of the show.

Halo 4 remake

*Forza's numbering system is to be scrapped, the series will be set for a Pokémon style distribution where two games release at once, and each game has half of the overall car list. With trade required to in order to "drive 'em all".

Maybe that :

- Xbox Live access totally free but new service Xbox Plus (something like the PS Plus you will have to pay if you want new online features, price drops, exclusive content etc).

Addnan

• Cable/Satellite TV integration
• Kinect. Family friendly games
• Halo 5
• Call of Duty of some sorts will be there
• Bungie showing of Destiny again
• Show how important LIVE will be to the experience, but obviously not explicitly say that you will have to be connected all the time.
• GTAV Next gen port
• Plus a racing game, hopefully PGR probably Forza.

Couple of new games

Bgamer90

Banned
*New IPs announced -- guessing around 4-6, with half of them being available at launch

*PGR5 and Forza 5 announcement -- one of the two being available at launch with the other releasing in early 2014

*First Glimpse at Next Gen EA Sports games

*In depth look at the Next Xbox UI

*Many new features for Xbox Live shown

*Huge announcements on media partners/services (more appealing to US customers since they will be the only ones to get all of them due to media laws in other countries)

*Kinect 2.0 demonstration -- mostly in terms of the console's UI than in games; game demos will show off some features that'll use kinect 2.0 but they will be optional for in game use

*Showing of the console itself and controller -- Console will look nice; controller will be exactly the same as the 360 controller but with a better d-pad and an optional smartphone clip (better for smartglass)

-Ryse
-Alan Wake 2
- Forza or PGR
-EA deal (Battlefield 4,Dragon Age 3/new Bioware IP and Respawns gam. Probably just DLC)
-what the console looks like
-Kinect demo

Edit: And for name predictions I'm going to go with "Infinity"

Kinect 2.0
Another new controller/gimmick add-on
Subscription fee
Cable TV
No more gold and silver members
At least 3-4 first party games revealed
Couple of third party announcements from ubisoft, EA, crytek
console wars threads on gaf

-They'll show the console. 2 versions: Premium core version (big HDD) + TV top SKU
-always online only for the premium set top box/cable DVR model
-BC with SoC for the premium model only
-Does not block used games
-Kinect will be built in and mandatory (they'll go in depth on the improvements of Kinect 2.0)
-New Forza
-Alan Wake 2 reveal
-A few Kinect games
-Ryse demo
-COD: Ghosts gameplay demo
-north american media partnerships and subsidization/pricing alluded to but specifics to be saved for E3 reveal

Drazgul

Game wise: Alan Wake 2, something by Rare, EA deal of some sort (explains why they weren't at PS Meeting), 343 stuff, Lionhead announcement, Turn 10 announcement and other third parties (GTA V Next gen?, Bethesda game (Fallout 4?) and such)

Sounds almost too good to be true!

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Speak yo minds. I'm thinking something along the lines of:

-They'll show the console. 2 versions: Premium core version (big HDD) + TV top SKU
-Not backwards compatible.
-Does not block used games

-New Forza
-Alan Wake 2 reveal
-A few Kinect games
-Ryse demo
-COD: Ghosts gameplay demo

spot on.

ZnqQ5.gif

hodgy100

- Always online requirement confirmed (outrage ensues)
- A lesser focus on the power of the hardware
- Kinect 2.0
- Services
- Xbox Live
- Apps
- Halo 5 , COD, PGR 5, Perfect Dark 2

In all honesty I hope most of these don't come true. I'm just setting myself up for the worst (apart from the games ofcourse! )

I suspect showing off the new console and its controller. They've definitely gotta show hardware. I'd guess the focus will be on entertainment, with games to follow at E3.

Nosgoroth

No mention or insufficient clarity regarding used games blocking and always online. GAF will be in a confused state for hours/days until some after-the-event confirmation on whether it's happening or not. Worse scenario: no confirmation until E3. Worst scenario: we have to wait until close to launch. Extra: conflicting leaks before the event.

Zukuu

Banned
It'll focus on being "multimedia" and be a therefore a snorefest for half the show, for all but America, since the rest of the world doesn't care for TV, NFL, Netflick and the like.

Top Bottom