• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live “Ultimate Game Sale” Preview

crpav

Too bad their definition of "ultimate game sale" is just a big list of some nice or decent games but prices are not so "ultimate". Bottom line is make the prices so amazing you can't say no then I may be interested.

Too bad their definition of "ultimate game sale" is just a big list of some nice or decent games but prices are not so "ultimate". Bottom line is make the prices so amazing you can't say no then I may be interested.

Their last few sales have been very impressive. No reason why this won't be as equally impressive.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

The last sale was damned good.

UraMallas

I'm afraid to buy anything. What if one of these games is one of the free games later in the year for gold members? Not only that, backwards compatibility killed any interest I had in buying new 360 and PS3 games.

mcfrank

I have $180 in MS points from the glitch last month, so I am in for Tomb Raider if the price is right. My big problem is time. I want to clear my backlog before next-gen, so buying new games does not help.

kanuuna

If the price is right on Forza, I'll bite. Revengeance also holds my interest, but I'm thinking I'll wait for it to hit PlayStation Plus at some point - I'm not very good at games like that anyways.

Rad-

The spring sale was almost Steam level. Or actually it was Steam level as I bought more games in that sale than in many Steam sales.

H3xum

Well we'll see what Tomb Raider is at, otherwise I (un)fortunately have all of the games on that list I want

ShogunX

The 360 sales have been superb since last year. The Xmas sale in particular was amazing and I ended up spending about £150 in MS points.

No reason why this sale wont have a couple of very cheap games.

Protome

The spring sale was almost Steam level. Or actually it was Steam level as I bought more games in that sale than in many Steam sales.

It was not Steam level. There were a couple of good deals in it, but they messed up on the storefront (in the UK at least, maybe in the US they didn't?) and most of those games were old and should have been cheaper.

There was no section of the store to see all the sale items, you had to find out online then search for them which was super stupid.

Perfect, been wanting Crysis to go on sale so I can play it before 2 and 3.

Is Far Cry Instincts Predator the 1st one or something else?

Is PDZ worth playing after all these years for really cheap?

The other stuff I prefer to get physical when BF rolls around.

Staal

Eyeing Tomb Raider and Crysis 3, but I'm also one of those people who want to clear their backlog.

The amount of points I've got left doesn't leave much room to get in all the deals. Thankfully I haven't even finished any the games from the last sale.

DasRaven

I was just gifted 1600 points after zeroing out my account.
So I could be convinced to pick up something up to that value, most likely Horizon.

Then again, Klei is going to release the Mark of the Ninja SE DLC "this summer."
So I may not have that full amount to use. If only they'd announce the release date & price.

Orca

So you're complaining about the price without having seen the price? After the last sale I'm at least holding out hope until they actually show the price.

Nice!

Glad they're doing another sale so early. They did an ultimate game sale in April if I recall correctly.

Depending on the sale price, I'll probably pick these two up:

L4D2 (don't have 360 version and my girlfriend has been wanting to play it lately)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence (demo was pretty fun but didn't really have the time to play it when it came out so I held off)

Hopefully it will be something like the last sale.

Yeah that was actually a good sale, as far as Xbox Live goes. Bought Max Payne 3 and MGS PW.

There are 5 or so games I might be interested in from the preview list if they are at a good enough price. Horizon is one of those games. Don't disappoint me!

I may grab Max Payne 3 this time, last time it was part of this type of sale it was about £3.50/ 75% off.
Have high hopes for this one too.

Do I need gold to buy the games? and more importantly, can I buy them without using the console?

Basically, I don't have internet at home at all, and actually haven't connected my 360 to internet yet at all; but I guess I can buy them now and download them later?

Top Bottom