• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live “Ultimate Game Sale” Preview

bidguy

Banned
Guess i won't be buying anything then. I don't like digital games really, DLC for some of those games was what i wanted. Is this meant to be like the XBL version something like the steam summer sale? If so it's very disappointing.

its actually the third ultimate game sale on xbl

the games usually get 50-75% discounts. max payne 3 and a few other games were 5€ a few months ago.

not really as good as steam but its a start

SeanR1221

Crysis 3
Forza Horizon
Gears Judgement
Hitman Absolution
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence

Are what I'm interested in. But I'm not expecting any of them to be priced that great.

statham

Under $20? Shit, this late in the gen with no back compat they better be $10 tops.

Using Gamestop prices
Forza Horizon...... Pre-owned $39.99
Gears Judgement Pre-owned $49.99
Bioshock Infinite ...Pre-owned $37.99
Kinect Sports 2.... Pre-owned $34.99

$20 would be a great price for me.

SeanR1221

Using Gamestop prices

Wow, bioshock dropped like a brick. And how is forza still that expensive??

do we know what time tomorrow this goes live?

IIRC, last time they did this kind of sale, the prices changed really early in the morning UK time, like 3-5am, so probably something like midnight US time.

But then their normal sales are around 11am UK time, so it could be that too.

Basically no-one knows. It'll start when it starts.

That was a lot of words for "no one knows."

MaGlock

Using Gamestop prices

I got horizon on XBL a few weeks ago for 40....

AlexBasch

Hope they fuck up with the prices in Mexico again.

Dead Island was $7.50, El Shaddai $2.50 and MGS HD (2 and 3) a bit over $3. Heck, even Dark Souls ended up at $7.50 as well.

I own a 360 since 2008, but it remained down for almost a year and a half until I got a cheap 120GB to upgrade from my 20GB+USB's. Wise fwom you gwayve, ecksbawks.

its actually the third ultimate game sale on xbl

the games usually get 50-75% discounts. max payne 3 and a few other games were 5€ a few months ago.

not really as good as steam but its a start

Does XBL usually have some sort of big sale with DLC and Arcade games? Those are what I'm most interested in.

What would you guys guess Tomb Raider will be discounted to? Is it with the purchase at say, 20 bucks?

I thought the last time they did this big GoD sale the minimum discount was 50%. Perhaps a new title or two was only 33%? I figure since Tomb Raider is $30 currently that we could see it for $15.

And I believe you were meaning to ask if it's worth buying for $20? I'd say so. It's not perfect but I had a rather good time with it and while I was playing it had a blast. It wasn't until afterwards and started thinking back that I started thinking of things I didn't like completely or would like to see changed in an eventual sequel in this style. I had a lot of fun with it and if you enjoy exploring the game does a good job of giving you plenty to go back over to find random stuff. The game does feel like its forcing you to go from one objective to the next but you can typically take a break and head to an older location if you please. I preferred to finish the story before doing so, though.

Edit: I'll be keeping my eyes on Borderlands 2 and Metal Gear Rising. I believe there was one other one on the list but those two come right to mind. Borderlands 2 will likely be $20 which might be low enough for me now (not a huge fan of the original but I'm curious enough to try the new one). MGR won't likely be discounted enough as I'd be surprised if it went lower than $30. I'll continue to wait on that.

Edit: Add Forza Horizon, Hitman: Absolution, and Far Cry 3 to possible purchases as well. Really interested in Forza Horizon so under $20 would probably be low enough. Hitman and Far Cry 3 I'm not as particular about so they'd likely have to be discounted lower than they will since I have other stuff to play already and don't need to buy everything. Lego Lord of the Rings might get purchased for my girlfriend.

bryanee

I'm tempted to get Tomb Raider again if its cheap but I really think it'll be on PS+ before the end of the year.

katkombat

Banned
Not sure if this has been asked, but will the sales be in waves or all will be on sale everyday during the time period?

edit: nevermind, misread OP

SeanR1221

Hitman is 12.00 at Bestbuy now if anyone wants to order one now and not open it until its price is announced in this sale.

shandy706

Borderlands 2 (Getting on PC)
Far Cry 3 (Getting on PC)
Forza Horizon (Will Buy)
Gears Judgement (Might Buy)
Kinect Sports 2 (Will Buy)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence (Might Buy)
Rockstar Table Tennis (Will Buy)
Tomb Raider (Getting on PC)
WWE 13 GonD (Not at all interested)
X-com: Enemy Unknown (Getting on PC)

I own every game on PC or the 360 minus the ones above.

Except for Lego and Metal Gear I have or had all those games, oh well I'm not buying any more MS games or any games until I get my PS 4.

EDIT: Wow Crysis 3 for $60? It is $13 at Walmart and I bought a copy from a friend last month for $5.

Top Bottom