• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live “Ultimate Game Sale” Preview

It's going to be disappointing if this is all there is, unless I've misunderstood what sort of sale this actually is. I'm waiting for things arcade games like Shadow Complex to go on sale, and the Mass Effect 3 DLC.

Will rebuy Forza Horizon if $20 or less. I miss that game.

I was going to go rebuy it new for $60 at Gamestop sometime this/next week, now I can hold out and grab it on sale during the sale, and hope my Xbox 360 runs the game! :p

Leflus

Do I need gold to buy the games? and more importantly, can I buy them without using the console?

Basically, I don't have internet at home at all, and actually haven't connected my 360 to internet yet at all; but I guess I can buy them now and download them later?
These sales tend to be open for everyone.

And yes, you can buy the games via xbox.com.

Verachi

Banned
Great! I've thinking about buying these three games.
Assassin’s Creed 3
Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands 2

Hopefully the prices will be worth it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Far Cry Classic what what what?

The original Far Cry is coming to XBLA in a few weeks for 560MSP:

Far Cry Classic is the ultimate console version of the very first Far Cry game, bringing you back to the roots of this franchise. It's another beautiful day in tropical paradise...or is it? Take the role of charter boat captain, Jack Carver, who finds himself hunted by an unrelenting team of highly trained mercenaries in this nature-gone-wrong FPS adventure. Choose to rely on firepower, strategy or stealth, abuse your freedom into massive outdoor environments, and fight for your life against tactically intelligent enemies. Features stunningly realistic foliage, real-time day and night cycles, drivable underwater, commandeer, or even flying vehicles, and more...

Game features
· Single player FPS
· Genre defining Open world system
· Immersive single player story

MAGIC MOMENTS
· Nostalgia triggered by the iconic environments of the level
· Build-up of the level from the beginning in the sea to the communication tower which ends after killing waves of enemies and the satisfaction that results from it

OTHER IMPORTANT INFO
Assume Metacritic:
80 +
Release regions:
Worldwide.
Supported languages:
EFIGS
Website/URL: far-cry.ubi.com

Kinda OT, but what are the limits on flash drive space nowadays on the 360? Can I simply buy the cheapest x amount of storage I can find and plug it in or should I be looking for certain brands/specifications?

These sales tend to be open for everyone.

And yes, you can buy the games via xbox.com.
Thanks a lot, will grab some of them probably then :D

32GB and don't buy cheapo's or they'll be too slow.
agh! that's sooo low, my 4GB cries :( Is there a way to use an external HD?

The original Far Cry is coming to XBLA in a few weeks for 560MSP:
Well, I'd say it would be worth it @280, cause only half of the game is good, after that I couldn't even force myself to play it [it goes from the open world tropical areas into confined areas where you kill monsters, etc. iirc]

Eric WK

Was that game actually good? I remember enjoying the demo. And I assume it will be like 3 dollars for this sale.

I was joking, but yeah, I had some fun with it when it came out. It isn't incredibly deep, but it's challenging. I suspect multiplayer is dead, but perhaps this will spark some activity.

It was not Steam level. There were a couple of good deals in it, but they messed up on the storefront (in the UK at least, maybe in the US they didn't?) and most of those games were old and should have been cheaper.

There was no section of the store to see all the sale items, you had to find out online then search for them which was super stupid.

There were more than a couple of good deals and the mess up wasn't so much a mess up but more a delay in updating the store and adding the sales ad to the start dash.

Vamphuntr

I got Command and Conquer 3 new and sealed for the 360 for 1.99$ during EB Canada spring clearance sale so I doubt they will beat that price :p

I'm ashamed to say I've never played PDZ, heard bad things about it but if it's cheap why not.

Between that list being quite impressive, the previous GoD sales being excellent, and the 32,450 MS points I'm currently sitting on, I can see myself picking up quite a few games next week.

Sale starts tomorrow. Any bold predictions on what we can expect?

Will it be at all like the last GoD sale with a number of games being reduced by 50% or more?

Sale starts tomorrow. Any bold predictions on what we can expect?

Will it be at all like the last GoD sale with a number of games being reduced by 50% or more?

Anything older than about four years will be $5. Anything newer than that will be 33-50% off.

There might be the odd anomaly, like XCOM is £50 (?!) in the UK and will probably drop to £15.

Stephan1237

Neo Member
if Judgement / Horizon are under the 20 € then its a sale. Excited what the hungarian marketplace brings us (Dishonored for 10 € last time)

Let's remember games like Max Payne 3 were at $5 and TTT2 were at $10. I have pretty good expectations (of course, I'm not expecting BI and such to hit below the $30 mark).

Time to enjoy the huge MSP stock some of use got for cheap a month ago.

excowboy

My 320GB hard drive is crying. Heading to Amazon for a 32GB USB stick.

Sorry to be dense, but why not just uninstall some games that you aren't playing? If you delete a game you've purchased you know you can re-download it anytime right? I'm sure you do, but just checking!

I'm really hoping for a good price on X-Com. It has been so heavily discounted everywhere else, but I would like to play it on the console.

Sec0nd

They really did have fantastic prices last time that did such a sale. Looking forward to see the discounts. Really interested in Tomb Raider, Hitman and The Witcher if they are around the 15 euro mark.

Let's remember games like Max Payne 3 were at $5 and TTT2 were at $10. I have pretty good expectations (of course, I'm not expecting BI and such to hit below the $30 mark).

Time to enjoy the huge MSP stock some of use got for cheap a month ago.

Max Payne 3 was $15 during the winter sale. But Tekken and other newer games were down at $10.

A lot of good games here. I hope MGS: RIsing is on one of the early days cause that game's price will dictate how much I spend on other games. Im interested to see how cheap Witcher 2 will get.

EvB

Borderlands 2
Far Cry 3
Forza Horizon
Gears Judgement
Witcher 2
X-com: Enemy Unknown

These are the ones I'm looking at, even though I already have XCOM on iPad and PS+.

Top Bottom