• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live “Ultimate Game Sale” Preview

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
AC3 dropped too!

400 allards. If i hadn't gotten it free from China, i would have bought it at that price.

Eusis

Forza Horizon's still $40, and that's the one I'm most interested in since I never tried the series. Even though going by the numbers I'm guessing 4's the last proper installment and this is something else (I thought I saw it likened to Burnout Paradise?)
My feet sure are chilly for some reason.
That western heat wave DOES seem to be dying down here...

Dang and I'm heading to work right now. :( Let's Go Forza! I'll pay $20 (to be honest I'll pay anything for it, was already going to rebuy at Gamestop regardless.) Really hoping for $15!

Also

[=Heart Attack;67459491]lol, more shit deals. Microsoft never disappoints.[/QUOTE]

Lol at the xbone engineer arguing 'steam like pricing'. Cold day in hell before that happens on a Microsoft console.

All our fault. It's because they had to do a 180 with the Xbox One. With 24 hour check-ins we would've got Steam like deals on consoles, thats what I've been told. Right guys? guys?
+others

Eat crow? :p

I have faith that sales on the Xbox One will be good, seems like Microsoft learned their lesson on sales these past few years.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Higher prices in the UK as usual.

Crysis for 520 MSP isn't bad though. I may have gotten it as part of PS+ though, or maybe that was Crysis 2. I'll have to check.

Eusis

I have faith that sales on the Xbox One will be good, seems like Microsoft learned their lesson on sales these past few years.
I'm definitely waiting until at least a year post launch and for the dust to settle. Iron out any issues (I don't expect launch updates to be smooth unless they really designed that whole DRM thing as easy to rip out), maybe see a price drop, and maybe get some of the exclusives I want out. I know if I bought a 360 at launch for Alan Wake I'd feel like a massive fucking idiot, waiting on that even longer than I waited on FFXIII.

MarkusRJR

Why is Perfect Dark Zero not on the Canadian store? :(

Is Mass Effect worth it for $5? I'm not really sure I have the time to play a big RPG anytime soon, but it's only $5.

Bought Prey, and Mass Effect to have on my hard drive for random play throughs in the future. Because.

Will consider Divinity II. Looking forward to Forza and Gears:Judgement.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Why is Perfect Dark Zero not on the Canadian store? :(

Is Mass Effect worth it for $5? I'm not really sure I have the time to play a big RPG anytime soon, but it's only $5.

Just blow the $5. Play and download it when u do have time. Game is wonderful.

There's about half of the games that have seen their prices drop.

I guess it's gonna be like last time? A list for the whole sales period and then daily deals.

AutumnAve

GAF told me they had no confidence Xbox would ever do steam style sales

It's the power of competition. Not direct competition mind you, but the battle of mind share. If Sony and Steam have been killing MS in the deals/sales dept. frequently and regularly, then it follows that MS would have to "course correct" what's been traditionally been going on in their digital store.

In my opinion of course.

MarkusRJR

Not sure if this is a price drop, but Revengence is $50. Someone mentioned it was $60 earlier in the thread so I'm not sure if that's the price drop.

DarkCloud

They did a good sale earlier in the year too, I got Batman: Arkham Asylum, Grid, Dark Messiah and Call of Juarez for like £3 each.

I missed out on the Feb sale due to owning most of what was up already. Here's hoping we see 5$ Witcher 2...own it already but single disc vs dual disc is hard to pass on.

Top Bottom