• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live “Ultimate Game Sale” Preview

Shauni

Haven't got a chance to pick up Rising, yet, so this would be the perfect opportunity. If I can score it for $20-30, I'll probably bite. Nothing else really tickles my fancy, maybe Bioshock.

Orca

Except for Lego and Metal Gear I have or had all those games, oh well I'm not buying any more MS games or any games until I get my PS 4.

EDIT: Wow Crysis 3 for $60? It is $13 at Walmart and I bought a copy from a friend last month for $5.

Are you sure that wasn't Crysis 2? I just checked online and the lowest I saw was $35ish.

Ghazi

I'd definitely pick up Horizon for $15 since I've never played a Forza game before. I'm still kicking myself for missing that Catherine sale a little bit back so here's to hoping they put some unannounced games on sale ;P

eggwolio

Last time this sale was going on, I made quite the profit(store credit-wise) by purchasing games On Demand and trading my physical copies in at GameStop. I don't own as many of these titles, but if I get time at work(GS...I know) tomorrow, I'll get the current trade values for these games and post them here for any of you who are interested. There are several maybes on the list for me, but the one I'm watching closest is Forza Horizon. It's a maybe for me at $20, a probably at $15, and a definitely at $10. It's the game I've had the most fun with during this hardware cycle. My manager gave me a copy for free when it first came out, which I sold for $40 so I could get the Limited Edition. Having it installed without needing a disc would be super awesome. I don't know what it is about that game that does it for me, but man...it does.

Will pick up these if they're for pennies
Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway
Bulletstorm
Perfect Dark Zero
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga

If they are cheaper than retail/Online
Crysis 3
Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence
Tomb Raider

I really hope Microsoft is learning a lot from steam.

Finally. It was still $60 when I checked last month.

Yep. It's a pretty mediocre Silent Hill game, but a somewhat decent psychological horror title. Would have been better as a new IP.

Are you talking about the first Saints Row?
On my store (FR), the first one isn't available for purchase. The second one is 30€. The third one is 20€. Wow.

Sorry, should have clarified. It's The Third. The best one is still the most expensive.

Jinjo

Well if that's really going to be the price for Borderlands 2 I guess I don't have to worry about this sale anymore.

Rad-

Wow crappy prices if true. I wonder if they weren't happy with spring sale sales numbers if they went back to their old ways.

m23

Isn't Halo 3 and one other game free starting today for Gold subs?

That's not including DLC, is it...

Yeah that's not happening. The first free game is defence grid. Another game will be free in the 16th. Halo 3 and Ac2 were just mentioned as part of the program. Disappointing.

Hammer24

Banned
I would run wild with these offers - if they were backward comp on the X1. (And they aren´t, right?) The way my backlog looks right now...

legacyzero

Banned
Yeah that's not happening. The first free game is defence grid. Another game will be free in the 16th. Halo 3 and Ac2 were just mentioned as part of the program. Disappointing.
Wait, what?!

I thought the announcement was clearly saying July 1st for tgose two games :/

dorkimoe

far cry 3 and bioshock infinite. Going to need to be cheap for me to finally pull the trigger, but i am going to be interested

Top Bottom