• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live “Ultimate Game Sale” Preview

Caayn

Wait, what?!

I thought the announcement was clearly saying July 1st for tgose two games :/
They indeed said that. But for some reason they changed their plans, and choose to start with Defense grid instead of Halo3 or AC2. Not that it makes any real difference, as it still isn't any closer to what PS+ gives us.

Somnia

They indeed said that. But for some reason they changed their plans, and choose to start with Defense grid instead of Halo3 or AC2. Not that it makes any real difference, as it still isn't any closer to what PS+ gives us.

They never said those games were available on July 1st, go back and listen to what they said again and quit making stuff up.

m23

They never said that.

Caayn

They never said those games were available on July 1st, go back and listen to what they said again and quit making stuff up.
They never directly did. But they did create a lot of confusion by saying "And to kick of the program" followed by Halo 3 and AC2.

Kusagari

Everyone in the media and on this forum assumed Halo 3 and AC2 were the first games because of how they announced it.

It's pretty clear now the whole thing will be worthless though because them not being the first games means it's clear MS intended for those to be the marquee titles they give.

They never said that.

"to kick off that program I’d like to share just two of the titles we’re going to offer over the next few months – Assassin’s Creed 2, and Halo 3."

A little ambiguous, but now I'm going to assume that they will be the best games to be offered for free. :-\

m23

"to kick off that program I’d like to share just two of the titles we’re going to offer over the next few months – Assassin’s Creed 2, and Halo 3."

A little ambiguous, but now I'm going to assume that they will be the best games to be offered for free. :-\

Yeah they definitely did not make it clear enough. If those really are the best games they offer.....I just don't even know. I already have Halo 3 (2 copies) and AC2.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Dang, thought it was July 1st that it started.

Most vidya game/DVD stuff happens on Tuesday (or Sunday if you're Nintendo, Friday if you're some self-important DVD release like Twilight or Hunger Games). Wednesday for comics, Friday for theatrical releases (Wednesdays for smaller films).

Monday is the day Garfield hates and that's pretty much it

Krilekk

Banned
Yeah they definitely did not make it clear enough. If those really are the best games they offer.....I just don't even know. I already have Halo 3 (2 copies) and AC2.

They did make it pretty clear. Just like Sony did with announcing KH3 and FFXV and then saying that FFXIV will be exclusive. You have to listen carefully and there is no disappointment.

Everyone in the media and on this forum assumed Halo 3 and AC2 were the first games because of how they announced it.

It's pretty clear now the whole thing will be worthless though because them not being the first games means it's clear MS intended for those to be the marquee titles they give.

Yep, I think we might see some free garbage. It really sucks, because they should be using this program to hype the coming Xbox One titles. Dead Rising, Kinect Sports and Forza series games really should be given for free I think.

bryanee

They did make it pretty clear. Just like Sony did with announcing KH3 and FFXV and then saying that FFXIV will be exclusive. You have to listen carefully and there is no disappointment.

Its not very clear, he says to kick off that program I'll share two of those titles you can get over the next few months. Its a mixed message.

Caayn

Most vidya game/DVD stuff happens on Tuesday (or Sunday if you're Nintendo, Friday if you're some self-important DVD release like Twilight or Hunger Games). Wednesday for comics, Friday for theatrical releases (Wednesdays for smaller films).

Unless you live in Europa, were media/games/etc are usually released on Friday instead of Tuesday ;)

It's currently €20 if I'm not mistaken, so a 25% drop is is pretty likely. Let's hope for a 50% drop...

40€ here. :/
1aNri.jpeg

jond76

Banned
Its not very clear, he says to kick off that program I'll share two of those titles you can get over the next few months. Its a mixed message.

Its easy to understand. He wants to kick off the program with an announcement that those two games will be coming in the next few months.

I realize Forza Horizon isn't on sale yet, but why does it show $39.99, then when I select "download to xbox 360" it changes to $59.99.
Fake edit: holy shit, $20 more in Canada? WTF? Microsoft must still think our $ is worth 60 cents.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Revengence is $39.99 new at damn near every retail outlet. If the price drop merely matches that in this sale(game is currently $50 on demand) then this sale is a total bust.

Mayyhem

Revengence is $39.99 new at damn near every retail outlet. If the price drop merely matches that in this sale(game is currently $50 on demand) then this sale is a total bust.

yeah i have a feeling this sale is not going to be as good as I think its going to be

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty

If we base our expectations on previous sales, it'll be pretty great.

Caayn

Be glad that it's "only" $50 in the US. It's €65 ($85) here in The Netherlands and most of other EU countries. I don't know about other games when compared to the US Marketplace. But the Marketplace we have here is hopeless with prices often twice that of the Retail prices. And GonD are often €10 more expensive on release than their Retail counter parts are. I'm afraid that this sale will only lower the prices to match the retail versions.

If Microsoft is hoping to get us in Europe on the digital bandwagon, they will first need to really rethink their pricing policies.

Sec0nd

Be glad that it's "only" $50 in the US. It's €65 ($85) here in The Netherlands and most of other EU countries. I don't know about other games when compared to the US Marketplace. But the Marketplace we have here is hopeless with prices often twice that of the Retail prices. And GonD are often €10 more expensive on release than their Retail counter parts are. I'm afraid that this sale will only lower the prices to match the retail versions.

If Microsoft is hoping to get us in Europe on the digital bandwagon, they will first need to really rethink their pricing policies.

Literally no company compensates for currency value. And since most big companies are US based it's a pretty logical choice.

But Microsoft made the prices during the last sale EU friendly. There were plenty of games that were, for example, $5 in the US and only 2-3 euros in the EU.

katkombat

Banned

True, Sony sale is tomorrow as well.

Leflus

Just bought Assassin's Creed III for 720 MS points and Crysis for 360 MS points.

Edit: From the Norwegian marketplace.

Top Bottom