• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Bringing it Home - TGS and X06 Style

DMczaf

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/09/18/Brinigng-it-Home-TGS-X06.aspx

Starting Wednesday, September 20, through Friday, September 29, connected gamers can access the best content from the Tokyo Game Show in Japan and X06 in Barcelona, Spain, including highlights from both press briefings, daily updates and behind the scenes videos from the show floors as well as the hottest playable game demos and videos in high definition. The majority of this content will only be available until 12:00 a.m. PDT on September 29, so be sure to download everything you want while it is available.

In total, more than 100 pieces of new downloadable content will be available to gamers during the nine day period, including a never before announced major franchise on Xbox Live Arcade. In addition to new playable game demos, there will also be new game videos from the following titles being showcased at Tokyo Game Show and/or X06:

o Call of Duty® 3 (Activision)
o Forza Motorsport 2 (Microsoft Game Studios)
o Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (Eidos)
o Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom (Microsoft)
o Project Sylpheed (Square-Enix)
o Shrek the Third ™ (Activision)
o Viva Piñata (Microsoft Game Studios)
o Plus additional high definition videos from games to be announced at Tokyo Game Show and X06

For gamers looking to further personalize their Xbox 360 experience Xbox Live will feature new picture packs and themes for titles including Alan Wake, Fable 2, Mass Effect and Forza Motorsport 2. Gamers also will be able to download a free picture pack, theme and an exclusive scene prior to the SCI FI Channel's Battlestar Galactica season premiere on October 6th (US only).

snatches

ant1532

Banned
**** my 360 is broken. Im going to give my friend my harddrive i think and have him download the best shit for me

C4Lukins

I wonder what this never before announced major franchise on XBOX Live Arcade is? I bet I know what a lot of people will guess...

PhatSaqs

Banned
Ace.

dancing_couple.gif

Hope we get something as godly as Lost Planet for a demo. That alone made the whole thing worth it.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Temp. DLs = weaksauce.

No details about demos other than there will be some = *sigh*

Can't wait, though. I just want some details of what demos, or even how many, to expect.

E3 was great and all, but demos wise, outside of LP, it didn't deliver. Not anyone's fault, but I just don't wanna get too excited for that again.

Still, it should be great.

C4Lukins said:
I wonder what this never before announced major franchise on XBOX Live Arcade is? I bet I know what a lot of people will guess...

Worms? (never officially announced, but in development)
Bomberman? (probably too soon after Act Zero)
Ghouls 'n Ghosts?
Megaman?
King of Fighters?
Doom?
Final Fantasy?

arne

C4Lukins said:

I'm going to find this guessing amusing.

see, we can keep secrets!

Owzers

arne said:

The game is Secret of Mana, thank's for spoiling it Arne!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't want to wait two weeks anyways :)

C4Lukins

arne said:

My bad guesses

Castlevania: Symphony
TMNT 4 Turtles In Time
Killer Instinct
Some sort of Halo Arcade game
A new Geometry Wars
Worms

Considering the timing I wouldn't be suprised if it was a port of an NES/SNES/GENESIS era JRPG.

Top Bottom