• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Bringing it Home - TGS and X06 Style

arne

I predict frothing at the mouth hype and speculation which totally ruins the fact that IMHO it's a pretty cool release. gaf don't let me down!

Tieno

Oooh, I hope they release every trailer in HD on marketplace so we don't have to rely on cam footage (for too long). The e3 excitement was really cool. I don't like that it's timed though, why is that?

PhatSaqs

Banned
arne said:
I predict frothing at the mouth hype and speculation which totally ruins the fact that IMHO it's a pretty cool release. gaf don't let me down!
underwhelmaton confirmed indeed.

Frenck

Banned
Isn't it kind of suspicious how much BSG content is distributed via XBL lately?

Could it be a hint at things to come or just a coincidence?

arne

GhaleonEB said:
Still two days left, arne. :p

This post will be classic if it leaks between now and then. :lol

two days?

there's a whole nine day period you've got to cover starting wednesday. there's plenty of time for it to "leak" and then i'll have their heads.

C4Lukins

arne said:

Only pretty cool? Who Framed Roger Rabbit NES confirmed.

GhaleonEB

arne said:
two days?

there's a whole nine day period you've got to cover starting wednesday. there's plenty of time for it to "leak" and then i'll have their heads.
Until TGS starts, I meant.

arne

BenjaminBirdie said:
Thread Title with XBLA UNDERWHELMATON in it confirmed.
PhatSaqs said:
underwhelmaton confirmed indeed.
C4Lukins said:
Only pretty cool? Who Framed Roger Rabbit NES confirmed.

there we go, see, that's what we in the industry call "managing expectations."
doesn't mean it's an underwhelmaton
and for odin's sake, don't read too much into pretty cool, I'm just not trying to add more coal into the hype locomotive.

Mrbob

Arne what have you done? In 9 days gaf will be convinced ff7, ff8, and ff9 will be hitting live arcade.

LukeSmith

arne said:
there we go, see, that's what we in the industry call "managing expectations."
doesn't mean it's an underwhelmaton
and for odin's sake, don't read too much into pretty cool, I'm just not trying to add more coal into the hype locomotive.

My guess:

Bomberman, but not a port. Rather a developed Bomberman that incorporates a bunch of stuff from different iterations of the game -- hopefully the best stuff.

Scoot said:
My guess:

Bomberman, but not a port. Rather a developed Bomberman that incorporates a bunch of stuff from different iterations of the game -- hopefully the best stuff.

That would sit well in Japan. And it would probably end up being the most played 360 game of the fall.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Scoot said:
My guess:

What you just described is a port of Saturn Bomberman, with Live play.

GhaleonEB said:
Okay, I'll guess.

Tetris.

I would instantly fall asleep. No matter where I was, no matter what I was doing.

"Whoa, SHIT, BEN!! You okay? You totally just fell asleep! You got narcolepsy or something?"
"No, no I don't. I just got...real cold for a second. Then everything went black."

arne said:
two days?

mmh..
this time there's no "release list" for demo ( like @ E3 2006 ) ?

Mrbob

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
I hope to god it isn't Bomberman. Bomberman just isn't all that fun anymore. Sure it was great back in '92 but it hasn't aged very well.

Anything but Bomberman. Please.

Online bomberman would be fun though.

I still remember playing Atomic Bomberman over kali.net on a daily basis. Good fun.

GhaleonEB

BenjaminBirdie said:
I would instantly fall asleep. No matter where I was, no matter what I was doing.

"Whoa, SHIT, BEN!! You okay? You totally just fell asleep! You got narcolepsy or something?"
"No, no I don't. I just got...real cold for a second. Then everything went black."
Is Ben your real name? It's mine. :p

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
I hope to god it isn't Bomberman. Bomberman just isn't all that fun anymore. Sure it was great back in '92 but it hasn't aged very well.

Anything but Bomberman. Please.

I played some six and eight-player rounds earlier this year and it was a blast. You know nothing of what you speak.

SnakeXs

Arsenal said:
I may finally have to break down and create a Japanese XBL account...

No word if it's gonna be region locked, however. I can only pray.

And, famitsu LO demo is 100%, but I believe it was also said to come out for Live. Can't remember the source, though. Anyone?

SnakeXs

beermonkey@tehbias said:
I played some six and eight-player rounds earlier this year and it was a blast. You know nothing of what you speak.

Pretty much. I fail to see how a great Bomberman + real friends doesn't = an amazingly good time. -2 points for being Live instead of actually in a room with friends, and you still have a stellar gaming experience.

Tieno

Damn, I just checked and from monday till friday I won't be home and since to majority of the content will not be available anymore when I'm back, I'll be missing out on some possible demos. :( (I'm sure someone will capture the good trailers).

Anyone can explain why they do this?

Nameless

GreekWolf said:
The only thing owned would be your face to my shotgun

<--- DOOM II champ

I was good in Doom even at 12 years old..

Better yet Unreal Tourny XBLA=Everyone at GAF bowing down to the supreme being that is Nameless!

Top Bottom