• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Bringing it Home - TGS and X06 Style

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
I hope to god it isn't Bomberman. Bomberman just isn't all that fun anymore. Sure it was great back in '92 but it hasn't aged very well.

Anything but Bomberman. Please.
Online Bomberman would be the best thing to happen to XBLA since ever. Seriously you must play it alone, because 4 player Bomberman still kicks a incredible amount of ass.

If it were something of the Megaman or Ghouls 'n Ghosts ilk, I'd love to see some 2.5D stuff like the recent PSP versions (which I do have).

-Rogue5-

BamYouHaveAids said:
Online Bomberman would be the best thing ever. Seriously you must play it alone, because 4 player Bomberman still kicks a incredible amount of ass.

Agreed. I think Super Bomberman 1 and 2 on the SNES with the multitap was some of the most fun multiplayer I've ever played... A 2D, Online (with chat), Traditional Bomberman game would be awesome for Live (especially to rinse the bitterness that is Act Zero).

joaomgcd

I believe it will be Puzzle Bobble, full with 6 player online support like that PC game that was released some years ago, remember?

arne

tegdf said:
Why aren't themes and gamer pictures free? How long does it actually take to make them?

stinkles and I are REALLY busy these days, with me coding psychonauts BC and the dashboard updates and he's got pimps at sea to code too. so it takes a LONG TIME to make them. sheesh.

LukeSmith

tegdf said:
Why aren't themes and gamer pictures free? How long does it actually take to make them?

At GameFest Microsoft said during "The Future of Xbox Live" discussion that they didn't have plans to make "free gamer pictures and themes because the Market has shown that they'd support them at the current pricepoints." As a result Microsoft doesn't want to give them away for free because they've established that you inbreds will buy them.

You made this bed; now go and sleep in it.

Early adopters and idiot consumers who waste money on trivial shit are killing the game industry.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Scoot said:
At GameFest Microsoft said during "The Future of Xbox Live" discussion that they didn't have plans to make "free gamer pictures and themes because the Market has shown that they'd support them at the current pricepoints." As a result Microsoft doesn't want to give them away for free because they've established that you inbreds will buy them.

Early adopters and idiot consumers who waste money on trivial shit are killing the game industry.

Early adopters not so much. They've been around for ages. Idiot consumers, however, yes.

tegdf

Scoot said:

I bought one gamer pic and that's it, and that was months ago, and I don't plan on buying anymore because that stuff should be free

LukeSmith

jarrod said:
Given Konami's sudden hard-on for XBLA... how about MGS Live Ops?

Ugh, have you played Portable Ops? It would likely control better on the 360 controller (sorry janky PSP controls), but I don't know how much that would help it.

_Angelus_

Banned
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
New unannounced major franchise for XBLA hmm? I hope to god it isn't something completely lame like Super Pac Man.

Even better dude.
Finally Microsoft is beginning to listen to my advice.

moonpatrol.gif

This game alone will rock the house.

hyp

Stinkles said:
It's national take your 360 to your office's T3 week!

:lol thanks for the idea stinkles.... didn't think of that until you mentioned it. IT am CRY.

123rl

Bomberman would be cool. I'm interested in what these demos might be though - Gears Of War, perhaps? Forza 2? Viva Pinata?

Speevy said:
Links 2007

All that does is remind me how awesome Links 2004 still is. I've just had a two hour game with some buddies, and it's still the most enjoyable game on Xbox Live IMHO. It's kind of sad in a way that a three year old game like Links 2004 is a hundred times better than every other golf game out there

Tieno

Scoot said:

I blame you for not warning us!

Stinkles said:
It's national take your 360 to your office's T3 week!

haha, I remember taking my 360 to work the morning that the Dead Rising demo came out

and then all my coworkers crowding in the office to watch me play. game development ftw

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
We knew this already, so it's good to hear it again I guess...

I don't get the deal with the temp downloads though... hopefully those are those kind of "chicks walking around giving random interviews on the showroom floor" like Marketplace had at E3...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
if the surprise new xbla franchise isnt ROAD RASH i sware i'll burn something to the ground!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
allan-bh said:
Already was informed in which hour will be the Microsoft's conference, day 20 in Japan?

quick, someone babelfish this :lol

3rdman

op_ivy said:
quick, someone babelfish this :lol

I translated it to Dutch and then back into English...It actually makes more sense now. :p

It was already informed what hour the Microsoft's conference, day 20 in Japan will be?

I'd like to know what time the conference is too...

snatches

Scoot said:
Consider yourself warned.

but seriously. why would anyone pay for a 50k jpeg file. It is seriously the most absurd thing ever. who the hell is buying this shit? it boggles the mind. I won't even buy the XBLA classics. who wants to pay for galaga and digdug? buy the original shit so we see more of that. if you really need to play that old shit, there.are.places.you.can.go.and.things.you.can.do.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
if you ask a debug owner what's on their XBLA... they might just tell you.

Anyways, I won't spill any beans... because Arne might just off my head if I do figure out which one they plan on announcing at the show.

JMPovoa

arne said:
stinkles and I are REALLY busy these days, with me coding psychonauts BC and the dashboard updates and he's got pimps at sea to code too. so it takes a LONG TIME to make them. sheesh.

Speaking of BC, can you give me suitable explanation as to why Fatal Frame is backwards compatible but Project Zero (the European version of the same game) isn't?

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I can't wait for this. E3 Bringing it home was fantastic with all the vids and other crap. Give me a demo on the level of Lost Planet's greatness and I'll be delighted once again.

Bebpo

Banned
lollerskates said:
too good to be true really.

I thought most were unhappy with the SF2 port + X360 d-pad for it. Wouldn't Darkstalkers (the original one, not VS) fall under the same category?

squicken

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/733/733353p1.html

September 18, 2006 - Following its multimedia blitz at the Electronic Entertainment Exposition 06, Microsoft plans to host game show footage, demos, and downloads on Xbox Live marketplace for Xbox 360 fans during Tokyo Game Show and X06 with its "Bringing It Home" campaign.

From Wednesday, September 20, to Friday, September 29, Microsoft will reveal to Xbox-Live enabled gamers highlights from the press briefings at TGS and X06 (Microsoft's annual European game show), daily news updates, and on-the-floor video footage. Microsoft admitted most of the content will appear 12 am PDT, September 29.

The company will continue its weekly Xbox Live Arcade game updates (for September 20 and 27), and plans to announce a new franchise for XBLA. To keep your attention, Marketplace will offer some new (but not announced) playable demos as well as HD video. The video footage will feature:

Call of Duty 3 (Activision)
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (Tecmo)
Forza Motorsport 2 (Microsoft Game Studios)
Kayne & Lynch (Eidos)
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom (Microsoft Game Studios)
Need for Speed Carbon (EA)
Project Sylpheed (Square Enix)
Shrek 3 (Activision)
Viva Piñata (Microsoft Game Studios)

Other downloads will feature picture packs and themes for Alan Wake, Fable 2, Mass Effect and Forza 2 and a free picture pack, theme, and exclusive scene from the upcoming Battlestar Galactica season premier (for US only).

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
I can't think of many classic games I'm dying to have on xbl. Maybe arcade perfect forgotten worlds or hydrothunder but those are kind of a niche titles. Street Fighter was the one I was waiting for and it delivered.

GhaleonEB

squicken said:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/733/733353p1.html

September 18, 2006 - Following its multimedia blitz at the Electronic Entertainment Exposition 06, Microsoft plans to host game show footage, demos, and downloads on Xbox Live marketplace for Xbox 360 fans during Tokyo Game Show and X06 with its "Bringing It Home" campaign.

From Wednesday, September 20, to Friday, September 29, Microsoft will reveal to Xbox-Live enabled gamers highlights from the press briefings at TGS and X06 (Microsoft's annual European game show), daily news updates, and on-the-floor video footage. Microsoft admitted most of the content will appear 12 am PDT, September 29.

*snip*

That directly contradicts the press release:

Press Release said:
The majority of this content will only be available until 12:00 a.m. PDT on September 29, so be sure to download everything you want while it is available.
It can't go up then if that's when it comes DOWN.

Morbo

GhaleonEB said:
That directly contradicts the press release:

It can't go up then if that's when it comes DOWN.

This is videogames we're talking about, Microsoft is simply testing the speed of your reflexes.

Top Bottom