• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Bringing it Home - TGS and X06 Style

sportzhead said:
Yeah, like if you're excited about the news write a sentence with the word jellybean in it. If you think the news will be a waste of people's time, write a sentence with the word taffy in it.

For the folks late to the thread. Short answer, get excited.

Thanks for playing along Scoot.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
excited%20baby.jpg

"I'm excited are you excited, because I'm excited!"

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
SnakeXs said:
excited%20baby.jpg

"I'm excited are you excited, because I'm excited!"

SHITS YEAH I'M EXCITED!

HBT_baby.jpg

I am DEFINITELY staying up tonight to watch this Jellybean shizzle.

nothing Halo related tho

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Odysseus said:
Oh please. You know you're actually in Japan right now to unveil the Halo JRPG. Brand extension ftw

As soon as I finish this Calpis Water and eat these Fran Pocky, I will prove I am in the US.

LukeSmith

Odysseus said:
Oh please. You know you're actually in Japan right now to unveil the Halo JRPG. Brand extension ftw

I will kill myself if that happens.
And I will do it on camera for the Internet.

Nameless

WTF is going on here. I'm borderline Drunk, I say babies, jellybeans, and a bunch of random shit that i don't understand. :(

Luke there better be some GREAT news man. Im sick of staying up till crazy hours of the morining just to hear that "FIFA and PES are '06 exclusives!!!" or some crap like that. I hate GAF hype:lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
is there a new thread for this now?

xblm has the following videos:
half-life 2 ep 2
tenchu

japanese marketplace has the same as above plus a doa:xb2 trailer (unkown if its new) and the demo for tenchu is back up.

Argyle

op_ivy said:

half-life 2 ep 2
tenchu

japanese marketplace has the same as above plus a doa:xb2 trailer (unkown if its new) and the demo for tenchu is back up.

It looks like there's a free map pack in the "Bringing it Home" category for BFME2 but it won't let me download it. Anyone else having problems?

adg1034

As far as I can tell, the only new content on US XBLM is the Tenchu trailer, BFME II map packs, and TGS gamer pictures. Am I missing anything?

GhaleonEB

adg1034 said:
As far as I can tell, the only new content on US XBLM is the Tenchu trailer, BFME II map packs, and TGS gamer pictures. Am I missing anything?

Trailers
DOA X2 E3 Trailer*
Project Sylpheed*
Tenchu Senran
Half-Life 2 - Episode 2

Demos
Tenchu Senran*

Game Downloads
BFMEII Aragorn’s Journey - Map Pack 1 – Free 9/20 – 9/29
Edit: this is not currently showing up as free. Don't download it yet or you'll be charged. The team is aware of this and working to corrrect it.

BFMEII Northern Badlands - Map Pack 2 – 350 Points
http://www.majornelson.com/

adg1034

GhaleonEB, yes, I know that. I meant at the moment. If I go to Marketplace -> Games -> Newly Released Downloads, the only new stuff is the Tenchu trailer and the BFME II maps. I don't see the HL2 stuff anywhere.

adg1034 said:
GhaleonEB, yes, I know that. I meant at the moment. If I go to Marketplace -> Games -> Newly Released Downloads, the only new stuff is the Tenchu trailer and the BFME II maps. I don't see the HL2 stuff anywhere.

Create Japanese account. Happy downloading.

jarrod

Banned
Given the surprising success of SF2' on Live Arcade, a DarkStalkers release makes some sense... though I figured we'd get SSF2X first.

Actually, sequential sequels (maybe skipping a sequel here and there) might be a good route for Capcom to take with their CPS fighters. Maybe something like...

-Street Fighter II': Hyper Fighting (summer 2006)
-DarkStalkers: The Night Warriors (fall/winter 2006)
-Super Street Fighter II Turbo (spring/summer 2007)
-Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness (summer/fall 2007)
-Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold (fall/winter 2007)
-and so on...

Bebpo

Banned
op_ivy said:

half-life 2 ep 2
tenchu

DoAX2 trailer is the E3 one and the Project Slypheed is the old one that's been on Blimblim's site for a month :\

adg1034

As I was watching the end of the HL2:E2 trailer, a thought struck me. What if the missile (or rocket, etc) shown at the end is in... Black Mesa!!! Think about it. It could work. What better nostalgia would there be than to have the doctors holed up in Black Mesa Labs, and have Gordon have to get to them.

duckroll

From Major Nelson:

Day 2:
Trailers:
Vista Game Montage
Fusion Frenzy 2 trailer
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom trailer
Team Fortress 2 trailer
Table Tennis trailer*

Theme:
TGS Theme

MS STOP BEING RETARDED! :(

SnakeXs

duckroll said:
From Major Nelson:

MS STOP BEING RETARDED! :(

It's a 10(?) day event. What, do you want them to blow their load in the first few days?

I mean, I do, but we can't expect such a thing.

adg1034 said:
As I was watching the end of the HL2:E2 trailer, a thought struck me. What if the missile (or rocket, etc) shown at the end is in... Black Mesa!!! Think about it. It could work. What better nostalgia would there be than to have the doctors holed up in Black Mesa Labs, and have Gordon have to get to them.

Dont think so. Black Mesa appeared to be somewhere in Arizona. City 17 was located in Eastern Europe right?

duckroll

SnakeXs said:
It's a 10(?) day event. What, do you want them to blow their load in the first few days?

I mean, I do, but we can't expect such a thing.

No, but I expect them to actually honor that they're "bringing it home" instead of "posting the same old videos" you know.

- There was a NEW DoAX2 movie at the MS Conference, yet the one we get on Live is the E3 one.

- There was a Trusty Bell trailer at the MS Conference, yet we don't have it yet.

- There was a new Blue Dragon trailer at the MS Conference, yet we don't have that either!

What's with all that? :lol

SnakeXs

duckroll said:
No, but I expect them to actually honor that they're "bringing it home" instead of "posting the same old videos" you know.

- There was a NEW DoAX2 movie at the MS Conference, yet the one we get on Live is the E3 one.

- There was a Trusty Bell trailer at the MS Conference, yet we don't have it yet.

- There was a new Blue Dragon trailer at the MS Conference, yet we don't have that either!

What's with all that? :lol

Old videos fine, super lame, fine, but complain about releases after the event's done. Press kits obviously haven't gone out yet, since nobody has direct feed footage as of now, so be calm.

If they're timing stuff and it ramps up and we get vids and demos as time goes on, be happy. If it stays this bad throughout the whole thing, then engage angry mob status.

Top Bottom