• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Don't forget ilomilo! :)

Isn't ninja gaiden 2 published by ms?

I thought so too, but apparently not (according to the description on the xbox website),

I was using xboxachievements.com to find all of their published games. The issue is they split them up into 3 listings. "Microsoft", "Microsoft Game Studios", and "Microsoft Studios", so I had to troll through each of them. There were also some listed there as them being the publisher but then I checked xbox.com and the storepage had a different pub. So it's possible I have mistakes or missed some things. If anyone has any suggestions they can PM me or post here and I'll update the post. I'm going to keep a running tally :p

I keep a spreadsheet of all my games across multiple systems. Here is my list of XBOX 360 games in my collection that are not yet BC.
I expect nothing, but each time a new title is released I get to move it to the XBOX One column. Some of these titles I own on other systems as well.

After Burner Climax
Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel
Bankshot billiards 2
Bastion
Battlestations Pacific
BioShock Infinite
Brothers
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD
Charlie Murder
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Crackdown
Crysis 3
Dead or Alive 4
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
Dead Rising
Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 2: Case West
Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
Deadlight
Devil May Cry 4
Dishonored
Duke Nukem 3D
Dust: An Elysian Tail
El Shaddai
Every extend extra extreme
F1 2013
Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious
Guardian heroes
Hard Corps: Uprising
Hitman: Absolution
Hitman: Blood Money
Lara Croft GOL
LEGO Batman 2
Lost Planet 2
Lost Planet Colonies
Mafia II
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Need for Speed: Carbon
Need for Speed: The Run
Pinball fx 2
Puzzle quest
Rez HD
Rocket Knight
Saints Row: The Third
Sleeping Dogs
Split/Second
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Terraria
The Orange Box
TMNT 1989 arcade
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Tomb Raider: Legend
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Transformers: War for Cybertron
Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

MauroNL

https://twitter.com/criteriongames/status/778512457425911808
Patience, Paradise fans! This work is continuing and we hope to have more BC news soon.

Also:
3132537-bc.jpg

muzzymate

With the release today of Word Puzzle it got me thinking about MS published games... so I spent some time researching MS published games to see what games are still to come since they said they are releasing all of their games besides Kinect of licensed issued games

Thanks for this. Gives us a realistic expectation of what should definitely come in time.

Ultima_5

Anyone else having an issue purchasing Xbox 360 games from Xbox.com? I'm receiving an "Error in Application" every time I try to purchase a 360 game.

Edit - It's not just the website, it's also on Xbox One. I cannot purchase a single 360 game. On the website I get an error and on XB1, it locks up after clicking "See Price". I wonder if this is a systemwide Xbox issue.

I had this problem with both the site and Xbox one. I had to use my 360 to buy the games with gold game and it went through. Hopefully it fixed it for next month

thatJohann

For those on the fence, after this last update GOW Judgement runs flawlessly on Xbox One S. And looks absolutely stunning. So good.

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Anyone else having an issue purchasing Xbox 360 games from Xbox.com? I'm receiving an "Error in Application" every time I try to purchase a 360 game.

Edit - It's not just the website, it's also on Xbox One. I cannot purchase a single 360 game. On the website I get an error and on XB1, it locks up after clicking "See Price". I wonder if this is a systemwide Xbox issue.
I missed Forza because of this.

amdb00mer

I want neir and catherine since I got rid of the ps3 versions when I sold that console.

They will never happen

Why not? I bought Catherine digitally not too long ago. So there is hope for it. Why not for Nier? Doom 3 BFG was not released digitally, but it was still made BC for the disc version.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
gf played thru Catherine on 360 and wanted to do a second run on PS3 instead due to the d-pad alone. I'm sure she'd love to see Catherine on XB1!

I'm gonna need digital foundry numbers on this, Gears Judgement looked pathetic on BC from the videos I saw. I just want the games to run the same as 360 if possible, Reach running well would also be nice.

Since this is a general update, were there any other games that had some problems?

Played Judgment for the first time yesterday. Felt like a locked 30fps thus far. Didn't noticed even the slightest stutter.

I was impressed by how great the game looked. Along it, Horizon, and Halo 4 it's hard to believe those were 360 games.

SimonM7

Did you clear cache reboot? Input lag shouldn't "fluctuate".

I think the framerate is what's fluctuating, making aiming more sluggish. I played Aftermath, and when the fog rolls in during the sniper bit early on, the reticule gets very noticeably laggy.

But I can certainly try clearing the cache. Do I clear the 360 emulator's cache somehow? How do I go about this?

etta

my hard graphic balls
I think the framerate is what's fluctuating, making aiming more sluggish. I played Aftermath, and when the fog rolls in during the sniper bit early on, the reticule gets very noticeably laggy.

But I can certainly try clearing the cache. Do I clear the 360 emulator's cache somehow? How do I go about this?
No just the standard system clear cache by holding the power button for 10 seconds, waiting another 15 seconds, and then boot it normally.
But yea it could be the fps drops that is affecting the responsiveness.

I keep a spreadsheet of all my games across multiple systems. Here is my list of XBOX 360 games in my collection that are not yet BC.
I expect nothing, but each time a new title is released I get to move it to the XBOX One column. Some of these titles I own on other systems as well.

I do the same thing! Here is my giant list (oops... looks like I forgot to note New Vegas as BC!)

1942: Joint Strike
Aces of the Galaxy
Akai Katana
Assault Heroes
Assault Heroes 2
Bangai-O HD
Bankshot Billiards 2
Bastion
Beatles: Rock Band
Binary Domain
Bionic Commando
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Bioshock
Bioshock Infinite
Bomberman Live
Bubble Bobble Neo!
Bureau, The: XCOM Declassified
Bust-A-Move Live!
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Child of Eden
Civilization Revolution
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Contra
Dark Sector
Dash of Destruction
Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 3: Limited Edition
Deadlight
Deadly Premonition
DeathSmiles II X
Deathsmiles: Limited Edition
Devil May Cry HD Collection
Double Dragon
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
Escape Dead Island
Every Extend Extra Extreme
Exit
Exit 2
Fable II: Pub Games
Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition
Gauntlet
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
GEON: emotions
Ghostbusters
Guwange
Hard Corps: Uprising
Harms Way
Hexic HD
Hitman: Absolution
Infinite Undiscovery
Killer is Dead
Kinect Adventures
Kinect Party
King of Fighters XIII
King of Fighters: Sky Stage
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Lollipop Chainsaw
Lost Odyssey
Mad Tracks
Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers
Marble Blast Ultra
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Mass Effect 3
Mega Man 10
Mega Man 9
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
MLB Bobblehead Pros
Mutant Storm Empire
Mutant Storm Reloaded
NFL Blitz
Nier
Omega Five
Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad
Operation Darkness
Orange Box
Otomedius Excellent
Phantasy Star Universe
Pinball FX 2
Project Sylpheed: Arc of Deception
Puzzle Quest 2
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
Radiant Silvergun
Raiden Fighters Aces
Raiden IV
Remember Me
Resonance of Fate
Rez HD
Rise of Nightmares
Robotron: 2084
Rock Band 3
Rock Band Blitz
Rocketmen: Axis of Evil
Rumble Roses XX
Rush'n Attack
Saw
Saw II: Flesh & Blood
Shadows of the Damned
Silent Hill: Downpour
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Sine Mora
Sleeping Dogs
Smash T.V.
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Space Invaders Extreme
Splatterhouse
Super Contra
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Super Street Fighter IV
Tecmo Bowl Throwback
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade)
Time Pilot
Trouble Witches Neo!
Undertow
UNO
Vampire Rain
Vanquish
Virtua Fighter 5 Online
Walking Dead: Season 1
Walking Dead: Season 2
WarTech: Senko no Ronde
Wik: Fable of Souls
Wing Commander Arena
Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3
Worms
Worms 2: Armageddon
Xevious
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z
Yaris
Zombie Apocalypse

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Is there a difference between using a disc vs downloading a game? Load times, etc.

I just bought a 2tb Xbone and am dying to pay dark souls 1 again.

Top Bottom