• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

SimonM7

No just the standard system clear cache by holding the power button for 10 seconds, waiting another 15 seconds, and then boot it normally.
But yea it could be the fps drops that is affecting the responsiveness.

Yeah, no improvement after hard reboot, sadly. I should play past that bit on xbox one and see if anything else causes it. It could just be a particularly intense part. But then if people report that Gears 3 is still sluggish, too, it doesn't bode well for Judgment, which is just crazy intense.

Moofers

I do the same thing! Here is my giant list (oops... looks like I forgot to note New Vegas as BC!)

DeathSmiles II X
Deathsmiles: Limited Edition

Its my hope that these are on the way. A couple of months ago there was another Cave shooter that made it to the BC list and since then we've been kind of waiting for the other titles from them to cross over.

I can't remember what that other Cave shooter is though. Does anyone remember?

FZW

I know a lot of ppl were asking about SKATE 3

kMxiP1Q.png

Zeta Oni

Its my hope that these are on the way. A couple of months ago there was another Cave shooter that made it to the BC list and since then we've been kind of waiting for the other titles from them to cross over.

I can't remember what that other Cave shooter is though. Does anyone remember?

Akai Katana

gupho70

After COD2, I was hoping COD3 would BC, and my wish came true. It's a possibility that WaW might be BC too. A lot of people are wanting BLOPS2 and MW's to be BC. While that would be great, I don't see it happening. Activision are money whores, and if MW1 remaster is any indication, and how successful it is, i.e. if the servers get flooded. Rumors are saying that MW1 might see an individual release awhile after Infinite Warfare comes out, but I totally see a MW trilogy remaster coming. Thoughts?

Justinh

Your right, not sure why I thought it was that one.

I'm gonna guess you got confused when you saw that it was on sale this week. I just realized why I thought it was BC, too. I'd love to see DeathSmiles added though as I never played those games.

Actually, all the 360 shooters would be great since I read that rumor that MS was trying to court shooter devs for Xbox One. I'll have to look for it, but I'm pretty sure that being a thing.

edit: eh, maybe I'm going crazy here...

COD3 is really odd since it's the only game to use a proprietary engine in the series.

That's interesting. I never knew that.

CoD 3 is the worst CoD but I remember that while it had a pretty ordinary single player campaign, it had a pretty good multiplayer, the closest the console games came to United Offensive (you can drive tanks in CoD 3).

Last week I posted that someone at work gave away a bunch of 360 CoD games and I grabbed them for CoD 2 (online was pretty dead in Europe when I tried this week), but maybe CoD 3 has a little temp population boost.

CoD3 was one of the early games I bought for my 360, a friend was playing it quite a bit when I finally bought a 360 in 2007 and convinced me to join him. I actually liked both the multi and singleplayer experience.

Best moment online: Sneaking up on some guys on the opposing team while being joined by two chatty Texans on my team (I'm from Norway so it's cool to hear accents like that), it was like I was in a WW2 movie or something. "Y'all need to concentrate that machinegun fire over on the left flank". Amazing.

I haven't tried playing Halo Reach until last night, and boy was that a nightmare. I always heard it was bad on Xbox One but it really was nauseating. The original game wasn't this bad right? Or am i just use to the Master Chief Collection?

EmiPrime

I haven't tried playing Halo Reach until last night, and boy was that a nightmare. I always heard it was bad on Xbox One but it really was nauseating. The original game wasn't this bad right? Or am i just use to the Master Chief Collection?

No and yes so the two combined is very jarring.

Ein Bear

Master Chief Collection really does exacerbate Reach's problems.

I'm not usually a huge framerate guy, but when you can play every other game in the series at 60fps on the Bone, pissing around in the 20s in Reach is nauseating.

I've tasted 60fps Halo and I can't go back.

Master Chief Collection really does exacerbate Reach's problems.

I'm not usually a huge framerate guy, but when you can play every other game in the series at 60fps on the Bone, pissing around in the 20s in Reach is nauseating.

I've tasted 60fps Halo and I can't go back.

It really does help allot with things like aiming and just all around control. There was a part in Reach where i looked at a waterfall while shooting a guy and the game went into slow mo. Even the multiplayer was unplayable compared to the smooth 60 of Halo 5 and the MCC. Its a shame too, because i really like Halo Reach.

Im not holding my breath for Skate 3 though. Because if that game has any sort of frame rate dips or any latency to the controls, im out. That game is too good to be played like that.

Same here. Bought Sonic CD again (already had it on PS3). And Sonic Fighters too.

I really hope VF2 and Fighting Vipers become BC too, they all seem to be running on the same build on 360 judging by there layout. Hell, there's even the same Sega Model 2 engine at their core.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Do backwards compatible games get patches?

If so, has dark souls 1 ever got one to improve frame rate for certain areas?

m23

Do backwards compatible games get patches?

If so, has dark souls 1 ever got one to improve frame rate for certain areas?

They do get patches, a couple of the gears games got patched a few days ago. And they've improved quite a bit.

Not sure about dark souls though.

I see that Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts took an update overnight, I wonder if that fixed any of the framerate issues?

From just a bit of driving around the entire zone, Showdown Town now seems to run at least as well it does on the X360, but with no tearing, obviously. It's great.

Seems like Reach is now the only title that needs major work, though I'm sure there is room to improve elsewhere, like the complaints about input latency some have. BC team rocks!

More Treasure and Capcom XBLA stuff, please.

Jawmuncher

Gears of War Judgement plays really well after the update. Just beat it, and it seems to stay locked at it's FPS. Not mention the game is still a decent looking game. Holds up well.

As for Dark Souls. I tried to play that recently on a friends Xbox through BC. The performance was so shit I gave up. That one definitely needs an update. It runs worse than it did on 360.

terrible

Banned
Forza Horizon is the first game I've tried that didn't have any obvious input lag for me. I'd say it actually feels better on Xbox One than on Xbox 360. I think the joysticks are just better on Xbox One making it easier to be smooth.

EffEmmGee

From just a bit of driving around the entire zone, Showdown Town now seems to run at least as well it does on the X360, but with no tearing, obviously. It's great.

That's good to know, may attempt to get stuck into it properly now, as it never really clicked with me on Xbox 360 for some reason.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
As for Dark Souls. I tried to play that recently on a friends Xbox through BC. The performance was so shit I gave up. That one definitely needs an update. It runs worse than it did on 360.
I've played through Dark Souls on 360 and XB1 and found that it ran better on XB1.

When we will have Mass effect 2 and 3 guys! WHEN?

I want play back the MP and play them back before Andromeda. I'm pretty sure it's because EA is still not sure to remaster the trilogy or not yet.

amdb00mer

Gears of War Judgement plays really well after the update. Just beat it, and it seems to stay locked at it's FPS. Not mention the game is still a decent looking game. Holds up well.

It actually runs better on X1 for me. The initial release had some frame pacing issues and frame dips, but it has been updated since then. Blighttown is still a mess, but that was not BC's fault. That's poor programming from From Software. Blighttown does see a minimal, and I do mean minimal, boost to frame rate through BC. I actually ended up beating the game on X1.

Scrawnton

When we will have Mass effect 2 and 3 guys! WHEN?

I want play back the MP and play them back before Andromeda. I'm pretty sure it's because EA is still not sure to remaster the trilogy or not yet.

I'm still not convinced EA isn't doing a mass effect remaster. 2 and 3 not being BC just helps support that.

Top Bottom