• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

OrangeOak

Is there some way to unlock game in Poland on NA date of launch?
Gears have it's launch date set on 25 in NA and 28 in EU and I would love to play it earlier :)

I might be wrong but I think if you buy a game from US store it should unlock for you at the US release date, doesn't matter where you live. Not sure what to do or how to switch it to US store, cause I've never done it but I think it should work.

You might want to wait for more people to confirm or deny if it works or not, since I'm not 100% sure, never bough a digital game from other regions on Xbox One.

OrangeOak

I might be wrong but I think if you buy a game from US store it should unlock for you at the US release date, doesn't matter where you live. Not sure what to do or how to switch it to US store, cause I've never done it but I think it should work.

You might want to wait for more people to confirm or deny if it works or not, since I'm not 100% sure, never bough a digital game from other regions on Xbox One.

Thanks. I already bought it from xbox.com on PL marketplace :(.
I have USA xbox live account though so maybe this counts for something!
It's only 3 days so it's not a big deal but I would really like to play it.

Yeah buy the game in the US store.

Nooooooo!

Lima

Thanks. I already bought it from xbox.com on PL marketplace :(.
I have USA xbox live account though so maybe this counts for something!
It's only 3 days so it's not a big deal but I would really like to play it.

Nooooooo!

Call MS and cancel the pre-order. They can do it without a problem and then you can buy from the US store. Cheaper and you get to play earlier.

statham

anyone who played Pure Holdem for the beta and bought the game, is it better then the beta? The beta was too slow for me.

Adventures of Pip is relevant to my interests....

Like Binding of Isaac, prolly have to change regions again to get it, I might as well stay on USA at this point. >_>

Annoying because all my credit is on my NZ one.

Super Toy Cars is...meh :/

You misspelled the word "shit."

It's riddled with bugs and inaccuracies. Seen the way you unlock car parts for the actual cars that they've based the mini-vehicles on? I unlocked parts for a Ford GT and a Marussia. They're going to be in the absolute crap if they don't fix that before launch. They don't have the licences to be using those names.

Plus it's lovely how sometimes you land off a minor jump, right in the middle of the track, and the game decides to reset you. Multiple times per race. Plus it has more screen tearing that F1 2015. And no multiplayer, other than split-screen which is limited to three tracks.

Utterly dire.

Vert boil

The Deer God has been announced to be coming Sept 1st.

Site - Trailer

It's an id@xbox title (Wed/Fri normal release days) so that means either it's going to be coming out early evening US time (the 2nd, Wednesday being the Official date) or it's a potential gwg title.

You misspelled the word "shit."

It's riddled with bugs and inaccuracies. Seen the way you unlock car parts for the actual cars that they've based the mini-vehicles on? I unlocked parts for a Ford GT and a Marussia. They're going to be in the absolute crap if they don't fix that before launch. They don't have the licences to be using those names.

Plus it's lovely how sometimes you land off a minor jump, right in the middle of the track, and the game decides to reset you. Multiple times per race. Plus it has more screen tearing that F1 2015. And no multiplayer, other than split-screen which is limited to three tracks.

Utterly dire.
Nope, meant what I said. It's meh. Story mode is boring, minefield races are cheap and crappy, Quick race is decent enough and co-op is mildly fun. It's not shit but it's also not great.

And you wouldn't buy it, or recommend anyone else bought it?

Unless you have someone willing to do co-op races with you, probably not.

It's alright, and I think it's $10(?), but nothing I'd recommend

Certainly not shit, but also not great is my official stance

jesu

Unless you have someone willing to do co-op races with you, probably not.

It's alright, and I think it's $10(?), but nothing I'd recommend

Certainly not shit, but also not great is my official stance

I'll leave it probably, sounds like that Codemasters game for the 360 that came out recently.
Micromachines type, but not as good.

OrangeOak

What? No dude unlock time is based on the store you bought it in.

I have no idea how it works so I will be sure who is right in two days :)
One thing is that when I click play it tells me that it is to soon and go check date on marketplace and then it takes me there and it says 25th.
But I have set my mp to US so it's obvious.

Lima

I have no idea how it works so I will be sure who is right in two days :)
One thing is that when I click play it tells me that it is to soon and go check date on marketplace and then it takes me there and it says 25th.
But I have set my mp to US so it's obvious.

No we will not know in two days. We know right now. You will be able to play your Gears whenever it unlocks in Poland.

jond76

Banned
Bridge Constructor is pretty good fun. My almost 4 year old likes to see me fail. For only $10 its pretty fun. It's a simple game but sometimes that just what you need.

Chucker

People are streaming Mega Man, is it out in other regions?
Edit: Woo! just won a founders pack for smite from @id_xbox_games

Vert boil

Released today,

Mega Man Legacy Collection -15$, 371MB.

Also,

Hand of Fate
--Wildcards - 5$

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist
--ARC-V Gong v. Kit - 5$
--ARC-V Sora and Dipper - 5$
--ARC-V Zuzu v. Julia - 5$

-----
Sheltered has received an update.

Much to the annoyance of my kids, Frozen Freefall appears MIA, any ideas?

There's a slim chance it could still pop up later today but I wouldn't expect it to happen.
There was no confirmation outside of the date on the site/store. Although they've improved quite a bit over the 360 days, you still shouldn't (solely) rely on dates that appear on the site/store.

is Whispering Willows out this week?

It should be out this Friday.

jond76

Banned
From that list, The Swapper and Life Is Strange are must-buys. The Swapper is a must-buy if you like 2-d indie puzzle games. And Life Is Strange is a must-buy if you like games in general (but maybe more so if you are a fan of the Telltale-style point-and-click game).

Those are the two I picked up!

EVERYONE should buy Life is Strange. It's one of the best narratives in a game I've ever played. You're sorely missing out on what will be one of the best games of the year if you skip it.

I'll definitely get Life is Strange at some point, but the discount isn't big enough with Gears here today and Forza right around the corner. Plus I'm still not caught up with Game of Thrones.

Overlord: Fellowship of Evil is releasing 9/29 for $20

12 games releasing this week!

Today was Mega Man Legacy Collection, Gears Ultimate, Madden 16, and Dishonored DE

Tomorrow (Wednesday)
is Yasai Ninja, Don't Starve, Goat Sim & Octodad

Friday
is Whispering Willows, Nova-111, Blues & Bullets, Magnetic: Cage Closed

Busiest week ever maybe...??

zorbsie

What a crazy week. So many games. This is just great! I've been spending more time on these "smaller" games than I have with major retail releases.

Montresor

What is Octodad like exactly? Is it like a Telltale game? Is it a puzzle game?

A lot of good games coming lately but I think the only ones I'll grab are Whispering Willows and maybe the Bullets game Episode 1 (I'm leaning towards getting that day one instead of waiting for other episodes).

Right now I'm slowly working my way through Tales from the Borderlands, Life is Strange, The Bridge, and Submerged.

Top Bottom