• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Exclusive D4 is selling like complete shit, please help me #SaveD4

aly

Awww, that makes me feel bad since it looks great. Why the stealth release though? I wouldn't know it came out if it wasn't for the thread here.

Pikma

Banned
I'm not surprised, I didn't know this game existed until the week before it's release, and that was thanks to GAF. adly I'm part of the problem, haven't got it because, well, I can't, but will definitely get it once I get my Sunset Overdrive XB1

Silky

Banned
Yeah totally! Totally MS "sent this game to die"...

It was Swery's idea to have it as a surprise launch at TGS...

Give me a link on that comment.

People should really stop coming in the thread in hopes for a PC release considering Swery's insisting it's staying on Xbox One.

posting a picture as proof...thank you to the OP

ibk7FrYo7xikBe.jpg

JayEH

I've only played the prologue but from what I've seen, this game is crazy in all the right ways. Buy this game!

I'll be looking to buy the game when I eventually get the X1. But the sales aren't too surprising.
The game was announced with a preview pitch all about kinect. The game launched under the cloak of darkness. And finally its a smaller digital game so it seems destined for games with gold in the near future

DJ_Lae

I'm totally picking it up once my One arrives - but I have to wait for whatever slow shipping the Microsoft store has plus the release date for the Sunset Overdrive bundle.

I suppose I could buy it now anyway.

noquarter

I'll try to remember to pick this up next time I get some Xbox live money, really did enjoy Deadly Premonition and haven't been playing anything in my One.

Best of luck to you Op trying to spread the word. Would be nice if games were somewhat promoted by Microsoft.

blakep267

Also, Im guessing most indie/smaller games released at this point in the year will sell like "shit" regardless of platform. The triple a releases only get more bountiful from here on out

Bishop89

In what way dosn't look good? Graphics? I kinda understand, but telltale games are succesful even with mediocre looking games.

I don't have a Xbone, and I would have bought the fuck out of this game, because after so many ppl cries about being flooded with the same type of games over and over again in the console space, when a interesting new title appears gets ignored.

Also Sweary 65 is one of the most special game creators in the industry. We need more games from him, we need more games from ppl like him and we need more games like this one.

graphics is the least of my concerns. It just doesnt look fun. But ye, graphics are not hot either.

jholmes

Q. But why buy the game when it’ll probably be free on Games with Gold in a few months?
A. Because then we’ll never get any more D4. Well never get an ending. But most importantly, the game is worth your money. We should be encouraging Japanese developers to continue to make quirky console games, especially Swery.

That really is the problem with the new system, isn't it? It incentivizes consumers to not buy games, or even root for them to be unprofitable enough to be given away.

Good on the OP. I hope this becomes the start of something.

I'm guessing this is part of the risk of going exclusive. Should have put it on steam and psn.

But the game wouldn't have existed without Microsoft!

Sadly SWERY isn't Beyonce. Why Microsoft would fund the game, and then throw it up on the store with a day's notice and no marketing *shrug*

Shame about this game. Microsoft kind of sent it to die and the sudden "episodic" nature of it probably means this is all that there was time for and nothing more will be made.

Another casualty of the shitty 2013 Microsoft decision making.

It was the first thing I bought for my Xbox one that I bought on d4s release date for what its worth.

Bessy67

Shame about this game. Microsoft kind of sent it to die and the sudden "episodic" nature of it probably means this is all that there was time for and nothing more will be made.

Another casualty of the shitty 2013 Microsoft decision making.
Pretty sure it was announced as an episodic game way back at E3 2013.

Bread

Banned
I want the game but I never played DP and I'm not sure it's the right kind of weird for me...I would like to try it though.
Gt is DCot

Top Bottom