• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox one officially launches in China

JB2448

The original, unresized image is actually pretty nice:
xboxpudong-1.jpg
This launch is nothing but good, though. I'm glad that the Chinese have more, easier options to get gaming content of a good quality into their homes. Hopefully Sony Computer Entertainment and Nintendo (through iQue, I guess) can launch its home consoles over there too.

blakep267

Latest xbox china trailer.

Most notably they show Titanfall, Halo and watchdogs. A game like watchdogs couldn't possibly be approved in China, could it?

t26

IIRC China actually has less censored PC-Games than Australia and Germany. There was a nice article in a german PC-gaming magazine a few years ago about that.
The last game that was censored/banned was BF4.

CoD isnt banned yet as far as I know. Tencent even offers the MP of some CoD for free on their QQ gamezone.
I still remember the outrage when kiseki 3rd was censored for China (but not HK or Taiwan )

numble

Most notably they show Titanfall, Halo and watchdogs. A game like watchdogs couldn't possibly be approved in China, could it?
There is a heavy disclaimer running at some parts of the trailer saying something to the effect of: the content shown here and what is available may differ, users may only play games approved by the government, etc.

There's already a game description and page for it on smartglass.

That and the pc version was already approved months ago. MS been claiming that they're getting the cultural department to approve titles with pc versions faster.

Biker19

Banned
Kinect will be for China like what the Wii was for the US: a game changer.

Casuals will eat that up, while the core gamer will have no choice to pick up an XB1
since the PS4 has no release date in sight.

MS is playing Sony like a fiddle.

LMAO, what a ridiculous comment.

Welfare

Only states 29th, but given young children in one photo you would think sometime during the day.

Anyway, that picture can be very easily cherry picked to say "things aren't going well". I could go to my local Gamestop and take a picture with 1 or 2 people in it and say "Hmmm, gaming might not be going so well......". Just seems very weird for you to post those.

Launch lineup 10 Games -
Forza 5
PowerStar Golf
Zoo Tycoon
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
NeverWinter
Rayman Legends
Trials Fusion
Naughty Kitties
Fantasia: Music Evolved? or Dance Central: Spotlight
Kinect Sports Rivals?

The censorship is a bit over the top.

And what is Naughty Kitties?
KuGsj.gif

Tfault

Anyway, that picture can be very easily cherry picked to say "things aren't going well". I could go to my local Gamestop and take a picture with 1 or 2 people in it and say "Hmmm, gaming might not be going so well......". Just seems very weird for you to post those.

Get your point, but very few pictures around from today, so seemed valid to post. Of course if people only want to see photos with hundreds op people lined up then that's their prerogative.

RyudBoy

Good to see there is interest for XB1 in China, but that is a terrible line-up of launch games. Don't know if Forza 5 would be enough if I had to pay that price.

And lol @ the dude that got banned for making that troll thread.

xbgamer

Banned
Posting actual pictures from today is trolling now?

Coming into a thread showing lots of people lined up to buy xbox one and posting those pics with barely any text and no information about the time, the store location, etc.

You knew what you were doing.

Aeqvitas

I thought all the china experts in threads over the last few months said it wouldn't sell? What is everyone lined up for? :p

I wonder how hard it will be to get access to sales numbers in China now? I imagine pretty difficult outside of official PR statements.

Also the list says Neverwinter is a launch title, does that mean it is out now?

Caayn

Get your point, but very few pictures around from today, so seemed valid to post. Of course if people only want to see photos with hundreds op people lined up then that's their prerogative.
Let's just say that after the path the Japan release thread took (and a person trying to troll with empty stores yesterday), people don't like to see those kind photo's (zero context, no information whatsoever) ;)

Tfault

Coming into a thread showing lots of people lined up to buy xbox one and posting those pics with barely any text and no information about the time, the store location, etc.

You knew what you were doing.

Yes, posting pictures that purport to be from today. Valid in a China thread maybe?

Seems you would prefer only information which supports the Xbox, xbgamer.

Tfault

Let's just say that after the path the Japan release thread took (and a person trying to troll with empty stores yesterday), people don't like to see those kind photo's (zero context, no information whatsoever) ;)

Yeh, people seem a bit touchy. Actually the photos do have some information associated with them though, so not totally out of context.

Going to work soon, leaving this here since people asked for this information before:

China XB1 cannot change regions.
China XB1 can use foreign download codes, provided that the game is available on the China XBL market place.

Foreign XB1s cannot change their region to China.
"Singapore" is the only region with Simplified Chinese for foreign XB1s.
Foreign XB1s can use China XB1 download codes, provided that the game is available on XBL market place.
Foreign XB1s can log into XBL accounts registered under a China XB1.

As of the moment, there is no IP-based ban.

There are.
What's funny is that there are now sub-console wars (imports vs. official) within the Chinese XBOX community.

Kill me now.

xbgamer

Banned
Yes, posting pictures that purport to be from today. Valid in a China thread maybe?

Seems you would prefer only information which supports the Xbox, xbgamer.

And looking at your post history you do not seem to fond of positive xbox information.

shandy706

I'm all for posting as many pics as we can find from release day. Even the lesser populated ones, if only to see how these stores are setup and how things look.

I find it fascinating.

Hmmm, maybe not going so well.......

Not exactly throbbing with people.

Here's your mistake. There are a lot more "populated" pictures than barren pictures.

Explain how you came to the conclusion "Not throbbing with people/not going so well"...based on two randomly googled shots of the launch?

VinFTW

I'm all for posting as many pics as we can find from release day. Even the lesser populated ones, if only to see how these stores are setup and how things look.

I find it fascinating.

Here's your mistake. There are a lot more "populated" pictures than barren pictures.

Explain how you came to the conclusion "Not throbbing with people/not going so well"...based on two randomly googled shots of the launch?

Don't feed the trolls. Just let the mods handle it or let him show himself out.

Tfault

I find it fascinating.

It was an observation. On seeing the reaction no comment may have been more diplomatic!

operon

Would have thought the drive by trolling would have avoided these threads since they op of the other thread got banned.

Maybe compared to the China experts that said nobody would buy it.

I thought all the china experts in threads over the last few months said it wouldn't sell? What is everyone lined up for? :p

I wonder how hard it will be to get access to sales numbers in China now? I imagine pretty difficult outside of official PR statements.

Also the list says Neverwinter is a launch title, does that mean it is out now?

Zune would have been a good selling product if your only metric of judging sales is by the # of people that show up at a launch party.

I still don't think the product would sell as well as imports, PS4, the relative gaming market or those "China will help XB1 overtake in sales" posts. That said, some of the pro-XB1 guesstimates also had ridiculous low numbers that contradicts with pre-order estimates. That just tells you how clueless most people are when it comes to this topic.

As for sales numbers, there are a few ways to get the online numbers, but not retail numbers.

And yes, Neverwinter is out now. However, no one one outside of China can grab it right now (see my posts above.)

Question to chinese gaf: Are Pre-paid cards available? Which are the payment options in the store?

Since there is no up bloco I may import one.

Top Bottom