• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Most Expensive and Rare Gaming Item

IrishNinja

everytime i see this thread bumped, there's something droolworthy.

man, first 4 figures has some sexy classic Link and Samus statues, sold out forever now and i cant find them on ebay either. i wanna say i saw a few in this thread, too.

Grayman

I had access to asheron's call characters that were once sold for 5 grand each in a 10 grand pair. Them and combined items were only worth a grand or two total when I had them though.

fr4nz

228cbcd7.png

From wikipedia :
Aside from these Zelda Limited Edition Paks available in store, Nintendo created the Limited Edition Collector's Box, which contained The Minish Cap, the golden Triforce SP, a long-sleeved shirt and a hat. Only 300 boxes were made worldwide and each one is certificated. These Collector's Boxes were not for sale in stores anywhere, but could only be won or bought in the Nintendo Stars Catalogue for 15,000 stars.[35]

But i'm thinking about selling it to get some money for the psvita.

Alex

Probably just Panzer Dragoon Saga and Suikoden II, I never really cared for PDS though so I don't know why I hang onto it, I'm no collector either, as much as this stuff as I can move to digital the better. I am however a Suikoden II nut so I wish someone would toss it up on a download service. A bummer we never got the PSP version.

Soi-Fong

Here's my Nights into Dreams collection.

I still have the original unopened that came with the 3D controller for Sega Saturn.
Also have the Wii release as well as the Christmas edition.

IMG_8118-2.jpg

fr4nz said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/AssD/228cbcd7.png[img]

From wikipedia :[I]
Aside from these Zelda Limited Edition Paks available in store, Nintendo created the Limited Edition Collector's Box, which contained The Minish Cap, the golden Triforce SP, a long-sleeved shirt and a hat. Only 300 boxes were made worldwide and each one is certificated. These Collector's Boxes were not for sale in stores anywhere, but could only be won or bought in the Nintendo Stars Catalogue for 15,000 stars.[35] [/I]

But i'm thinking about selling it to get some money for the psvita.[/QUOTE]

The Vita is gonna be some hot shit upon release, but you're thinking of selling an unbelievable collector's item for it? I don't mean to sound overly critical of your thought process, but...

[IMG]http://nerissairving.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/son.jpg

Leeness

I used to have a pretty-good-condition copy of Chrono Trigger SNES in box, but... I don't really know where it is anymore. :/

It's a stupid story, but yeah. I have no idea where it is now.

fr4nz

I kept this item only for it's value ... If I don't sell it one day, it's useless for me ...

Sorry if i shock collectors, but I think that the psVita will entertain me more than this sealed box (yes , mine is still shrink wrapped) on my shelf

Shadow780

fr4nz said:
228cbcd7.png

From wikipedia :
Aside from these Zelda Limited Edition Paks available in store, Nintendo created the Limited Edition Collector's Box, which contained The Minish Cap, the golden Triforce SP, a long-sleeved shirt and a hat. Only 300 boxes were made worldwide and each one is certificated. These Collector's Boxes were not for sale in stores anywhere, but could only be won or bought in the Nintendo Stars Catalogue for 15,000 stars.[35]

But i'm thinking about selling it to get some money for the psvita.

This is awesome, I never saw this before.

I don't blame you for selling it either, may it rest in good hands.

thebeeks

Banned
I had a copy of Age of Empires III signed by the Ensemble crew. My father attended some Microsoft-hosted business seminar with a drawing at the end and he got it as a prize.

It sat in my room for a while and gathered dust (my poor computer at the time couldn't run the game), so I gave it to my younger sister who was a fan of the Age Of series.

Last I heard she has it on display in her dorm.

fr4nz said:
I kept this item only for it's value ... If I don't sell it one day, it's useless for me ...

Sorry if i shock collectors, but I think that the psVita will entertain me more than this sealed box (yes , mine is still shrink wrapped) on my shelf

Not a problem. I just assumed you were a collector if you snagged one of those puppies. Vita will most definitely be more entertaining than a wrapped-up box on a shelf.

AniHawk

if i had to guess, it'd be my copy of snake eater that was autographed by kojima and shinkawa. i don't know its monetary value though.

my twilight princess standee is probably not quite so easy to find either. again, not sure how much it'd go for though (and it's a little beat up since it was in the store for a month or two).

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Dont you hate when an OP says post one picture/one item, and people make lists and posts dozens of pictures.

I know he said post image(s). But damn.

Just sayin.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
MortalMonkey said:
Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll take 'em down!
I didnt mean to be a jerk. Just saying, you had like 25 images.

1-3 should be efficient to post your most expensive and rare gaming item.

Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition Gunmetal Grey Console signed by Hideo Kojima.

Beyond the, I have the memory on his weak, effeminate handshake and hug, which is priceless.

IrishNinja

MortalMonkey said:
Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll take 'em down!

aw, man...you had some nice shit in there, too.

i never won that Ryo statue, so it's not gonna happen. like the other guy, though, id love to know where you got that movie-style MGS3 poster from! so gorgeous.

Fl1pp13

Neo Member
This is kinda rare I guess. It's a pack to celebrate the 25th birthday of Ubisoft, holding a year-long acces to all beta's and a shirt. It was handed to me for being sort of a business partner:

upl_4e6c6d29bae8a.jpg

I don't know about this one, but it was handed out in the business area of GamesCom 2011. It's a can of Batman: Arkham City energy drink:

upl_4e6c6d6e907c6.jpg

This isn't rare, but means pretty much to me as it was the first thing I picked up on my first gaming event.:

upl_4e6c6d9336249.jpg

Does anyone know if the white/red Batman: Arkham City shirts are any rare? I haven't seen any normal visitors with it..

Refugio

I bought a Link Joyride figure and a Spyro Collector's Edition like 10 years ago. I think they both go around for like $60 now. Wise investment.

Soi-Fong said:
Here's my Nights into Dreams collection.

I still have the original unopened that came with the 3D controller for Sega Saturn.
Also have the Wii release as well as the Christmas edition.

IMG_8118-2.jpg

what are these worth? i got 4 complete in box for about $10USD each.

Ydahs

The closest to being rare is probably a factory sealed US copy of Baten Kaitos Eternal Wings, though I found out a while back that there's a small tear in the seal (or at least I remember there being).

Not that it's rare anyway.

MattJon

I've got the UK Limited Edition of Castlevania SOTN, found it for £10 a few years ago.

I have no interest in it though, and have never played it. Should probably sell it at some point.

upandaway

I vote for posting as many pictures as you guys have. Makes more sense to make this into a "post your awesome rare collection" thread than "post one cool thing you have" thread.

Fl1pp13

Neo Member
upandaway said:
I vote for posting as many pictures as you guys have. Makes more sense to make this into a "post your awesome rare collection" thread than "post one cool thing you have" thread.

I second this!

eXistor

MattJon said:
I've got the UK Limited Edition of Castlevania SOTN, found it for £10 a few years ago.

I have no interest in it though, and have never played it. Should probably sell it at some point.
I've actually been trying to find one of these for years. You're talking about the one with the OST and artbook right? The cheapest I've been able to find it was about €100,- If you have no interest in it, maybe do a fellow gaffer a solid?
I want it! I will sell you my soul!

Seriously though, I'm interested.

Definitely my wireless duke controller.

It was made by Ben Heck for MS and only 8 were ever created (I have #2).

It's signed by a large number of 343i employee's as well as a few other people significant to the Halo community.

uy3yxl.jpg

dtAh7l.jpg

NCCCUl.jpg

eXistor

Devin Olsen said:
Definitely my wireless duke controller.

It was made by Ben Heck for MS and only 8 were ever created (I have #2).

It's signed by a large number of 343i employee's as well as a few other people significant to the Halo community.
Are you sure you want those batteries in there? They could oxidize and ruin the controller.

edgefusion

It's really nothing special compared to most of what's been posted but I queued up for hell of hours at the HMV Oxford Street launch event and was the last person they let in the building to get it signed.

26007_354588118725_515488725_3440469_229476_n.jpg

Final Fantasy XIII signed by Yoshinori Kitase and Isamu kamikokuryo.

Jockel

2wc2lg8.jpg

Nevermind the sweaty shirt of my friend on the pic, it was taken after we carried this beast up to my apartment.

HYDE

Banned
eXistor said:
Are you sure you want those batteries in there? They could oxidize and ruin the controller.

Was thinking that too, and also wondering why it doesn't have a battery cover.

EDIT: Also, how does it work with the OG XBox with the DVD Remote dongle or something?

neoemonk

Sorry to derail, but you guys might have an idea. I had a friend that had this little metal cover Metal Gear Solid notebook. I don't know where it came from but I had never seen anything like it. Does anybody know about these things?

HYDE

Banned
neoemonk said:
Sorry to derail, but you guys might have an idea. I had a friend that had this little metal cover Metal Gear Solid notebook. I don't know where it came from but I had never seen anything like it. Does anybody know about these things?

I believe there is already one posted in this thread. Give me a sec...

EDIT: yep post #253 by MOOFERS.

Lopson

Neo Member
I've got the Half Life 2 Collector's Edition. You know, that metal box with a t-shirt, the game and a guidebook. Pretty snazzy stuff.

HYDE said:
Was thinking that too, and also wondering why it doesn't have a battery cover.

EDIT: Also, how does it work with the OG XBox with the DVD Remote dongle or something?
I'll remove the batteries, good call.

I should have clarified a little more in my post though.... It's a wireless Xbox 360 controller stuffed into a duke. So I could theoretically use it to play Halo: Reach on my 360. It has a guide and a sync button modded into it.

HYDE

Banned
Devin Olsen said:
I'll remove the batteries, good call.

I should have clarified a little more in my post though.... It's a wireless Xbox 360 controller stuffed into a duke. So I could theoretically use it to play Halo: Reach on my 360. It has a guide and a sync button modded into it.

I believe you are the official envy of every poster who has started a thread about is there any way to play with a Duke on XBox 360. I smell a tag brewing for your avatar.

EDIT: I meant you and the other 7 lucky bastards besides you.

I think this is mine

halo2_1x.jpg

It's a 12" halo 2 master chief statue ( Resin ) made by Studio Oxmox. I bought it a few years ago.

There were only 500 made and the word is they were sent by microsoft to game shops to promote the game.

neoemonk

HYDE said:
I believe there is already one posted in this thread. Give me a sec...

EDIT: yep post #253 by MOOFERS.

Ah yeah, that's the one. I didn't know they just came with the game. His is the only one I ever saw. Thanks.

HYDE

Banned
neoemonk said:
Ah yeah, that's the one. I didn't know they just came with the game. His is the only one I ever saw. Thanks.

No problem, did you by chance see the metal gear solid dog tags posted?

Top Bottom