• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Most Expensive and Rare Gaming Item

jvm said:
No idea. AFAIK, only given away at E3, so it had a fairly limited run. Popular magazine, rare cover, notable game. I figured people might dig it and be willing to drop a pretty penny on it. *shrug*

Now I'm curious about it. I think this was an Atlanta year and stuff from that is always pretty rare. I wasn't dismissing the mag with my comment, only giving myself a little punch in the arm for not thinking of it's rarity when I tossed it!

jvm

Gamasutra.
OldJadedGamer said:
Now I'm curious about it. I think this was an Atlanta year and stuff from that is always pretty rare. I wasn't dismissing the mag with my comment, only giving myself a little punch in the arm for not thinking of it's rarity when I tossed it!
Yes, I think the last Atlanta E3, in 1998. The only one I went to...

RSP

My Japanese OOT and Majora's Mask are pretty cool, but not 'rare' at all ...

I do have a pretty decent MVS collection, so Neo Geo stuff. I don't have the super-rare games, but they easily go for $100 - $250 on eBay.

tiprun

Here are some of my "rarer" titles;

p1010372q.jpg

I might take some pictures of my rare gaming merchandise later on.

pr0cs

jvm said:
That your kid's coloring page in the back? Looks like my office wall (although I don't have my toys here).
Yep, anything to get my mind off that I'm stuck wasting 8hrs of my life every day here away from my family.

Damn is that competition Sackboy really that rare? I'll sell mine if anyone wants it :p

Apart from that all I have is the PAL special edition of Symphony Of The Night.

crpav

Those mint copies of Earthbound makes me JELLY! I want so bad but ebay prices are near $600+.

I will maybe take some pictures of my rarer games an post....maybe.

buffi

Banned
I might have some rarer stuff, but this is probably the most expensive individual game I own right now.

L9EYwl.jpg

Pleasure Goal for Neogeo MVS
Quite rare, very seldom shows up on ebay.

I paid 200€ for it, which is slightly more than it usually goes for. Worth the extra money to not have to look for it any more though.

oracrest

Here's my copy of Link to the Past signed by Miyamoto and Tanabe.

It's of extra sentimental value for me as it was the first SNES game I owned, and the only one through all these years that I kept the box, manual, and everything else in good condition.

zeldabox.jpg

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Sold much of my classic games collection for around $3500 last summer.

My Saturn collection alone ran nearly a thousand for the system and games. Much of the net worth was attributed to Panzer Triology US(Panzer Saga went for ~$300), Radiant Silvergun(pre-XBLA announcement for $200), Shining Force 3 US, Guardian Heroes, Capcom ports, etc... All the usual high-value games. Miss them, but don't miss the clutter of it in storage.

I still have a Premium Edition megabox of MGS1 and ZoE 1 imports. Both perfect condition(and practically unopened), but not many takers on Ebay. MGS1 is on every Sony system currently anyway, and ZoE1 sucked.

My days of collecting are long over. But in the late 90's...so much wasted cash.

fates

though not itself rare or expensive, my copy of SRW Alpha 3 is signed by all of JAM Project. I guess that counts for something.

Not sure how rare these are, but I have some in-store materials for some older games. Got them from my local Gamestop back when I was younger. They're all from 1998, except Code Veronica, which was 2000.

Pokemon banner
bKvxa.jpg

Zelda: OoT standee
dbTq7.png

Banjo-Kazooie standee:
of6em.png

Resident Evil: Code Veronica standee:
aCTTD.png

Yoshi's Story ceiling thing:
B9HPN.png

EDIT

Also have this guy. Dr. Mario piggy bank from 1993. It plays Fever when you drop a coin in it.
QHfzE.jpg

RickA238

thomaser wins this thread, hands down. That 1990 NES World Championship is all but priceless. That said, I have Shock Troopers 2nd Squad for NEO GEO AES (authentic, not a conversion or anything). Its existence was debated for a while in the early 2000's, but I assure you that it is real. Doesn't go for a whole lot on ebay, usually around $550-$600. Not bad considering that I paid ~$250 for it in 2000. I can post pics later today or tomorrow if requested.

I also have a bunch of other rare and semi-rare stuff that I don't really feel like posting. Just your garden-variety game collection stuff like mint copies of PDS, Snatcher (Sega CD), Metal Slug 3 (English AES OP), etc.

I used to have a mint sealed copy of Radiant Silvergun but I sold it 3 years ago, and I'm glad that I did. Keeping sealed copies of games is stupid IMO.

I've mostly moved away from game collecting for the time being. I'm starting to get into vinyl LP collecting; I listen to music everyday, I don't play games everyday, so it makes sense. Although I'd still like to flesh out my Saturn and NEO GEO AES collections, and add a few choice Genesis/Megadrive games. I've had my eye on Eliminate Down and Garou: MOTW for years now.

Pietepiet

IMG_0237.JPG

From left to right:

- Not a game, but I suppose this is game related. It's 1 of 100 copies of the NES chiptune album Color Caves by Eirik Suhrke and Alex Mauer. This is an actual NES cartridge and plays the album from your NES.

- Sin & Punishment

- European copy of Ufouria.

- A limited Bizarre Jelly 5 t-shirt from Grasshopper (Travis wears this one in No More Heroes 2)

elektrixx

Banned
I have a Guitar Hero 5 guitar controller WITH a Guitar Hero Metallica faceplate! Jealous?

[edit]

Actually I do have a little something:

cb45caf2.jpg

Zomba13 said:
Just looked around and I think it'd have to be the Scarborough Fair replica that came with my Bayonetta pre-order.
bayonetta_gun.jpg

I checked ebay and they were up on there for over £100.

There is a store I do routine maintenance at that has about 20 of them still in their boxes. I should ask what they're doing with them.

Moofers

Renoir said:
Marvel vs capcom 2... But with dlc.mvc2 I doudt.its worth anything.
I got onimusha 1 as.well

Actually, your MvC2 has held its value. The Xbox version is currently around $75, Ps2 version around $60, and Dreamcast version around $50. They DID go down around the launch of the digital versions, but a lot of games do and then they slowly crawl back up. You just can't beat having a physical copy of something.

HCgamer

my shantae harvest moon 3 gbc carts, ninja five-o mother 3 stafi trilogy complete gba, demons crest metal warriors snes carts, barely played complete gba micro 20th anniversary edition.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Forgot to mention another friend once hit the jackpot at a local garage sale. Twenty copies of Starwing: Official Competition for one euro a piece.

Dunan

Not very valuable, and at Y4200 (about $50) not really all that expensive when compared to a game, but I splurged on the Valkyria Chronicles 3 PSP case and accessory set.

I love this thing:

c20101112_val_04_cs1w1_300x.jpg

I forgot I had this, it's been hanging on my wall for so long that it was just another item to me.

IMGP0193-1.jpg

I don't know if it's worth anything or not, but I've had it for years upon years, my friend gave it to me for a birthday.

DTJAAAAM

For most expensive, I'd go with my Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter Edition that I won at a charity auction two years ago. As for rarity, that probably goes to the special Dance Central shoes I got from Harmonix as part of another charity auction prize pack. I think they said that there were only six pairs ever made.

blamite

I don't really have anything that's particularly rare or special. I do have this shirt I got for preordering Metroid Prime 2, though. >.>

shirt.jpg

I think it says "Hello my name is Samus" on the front.

Oh, and I also have the Halo 3 artbook.
41%2BqRFSTfLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Nothing too special, but it's pretty expensive these days.

cj_iwakura

DigitalDevil said:
Here you go! Collector's or 50th anniversary SMT If...

Would murder for this.

Just remembered: I have the 1989(?) Final Fantasy 1 strategy guide from Nintendo Power. I've owned it for all these years.

Will get a picture soon.

cj_iwakura said:
Would murder for this.

Just remembered: I have the 1989(?) Final Fantasy 1 strategy guide from Nintendo Power. I've owned it for all these years.

Will get a picture soon.

oh god... nostalgia overload! I love all those old Nintendo Power guides. I have a few myself.

*edit*

ahhh, memories.

t86gqv.jpg

2jacawk.jpg

Ulthwe

$%28KGrHqMOKjEE17SS4ZU+BN%29uNR,M%29w~~_12.JPG

(pic not mine) I'm pretty sure I still have this issue somewhere at my parent's home. It has one corner bended because I tried to rip it out of the cover.
The effect is really really nice, I remember looking at it left and right, trying to see more of Mario's back. Also, I'm pretty sure that Mario was originally a clay statue or something.

[fake edit] Now that I see it, the background is from SMWorld, but the image says SMB3.

Triz

Speaking of Nintendo power, I have a buddy with Every single issue including all player guides. Its actually quite an amazing collection considering he has been a subscriber since day one till it was outsourced.

Gritesh

It's probably not actually worth anything, but to me it is a treasure that will remain with me forever.

An original NES Final Fantasy Cartridge. This was my most played game as a child, and I will treasure it forever!

It was kind of funny, my parents brought over all my old gaming stuff, an original NES TV/Console stand, a NES case full of old games, including Link II gold cart, FF1 Cart, Mega Man 4 Cart, Dragon Warrior cart etc.. And all my SNES games gear and console as well.

The only thing left that she has is my game gear, memories....

I have two functional sets of official Dreamcast Samba de Amigo maracas, so that's probably it. I have random other stuff too but I'm guessing those are most valuable/rare.

I actually had the first 150 or so issues of Nintendo Power and I gave the majority of them away here in the Free Stuff thread.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
not sure how rare this is, but a video game store owner gave it to me back when MGS came out on the PS cos I used to buy so many games there.

BzoyO.jpg

I have a Halo Reach poster signed by the dev team. Last time I checked it was $500. Probably nothing compared to some of the stuff you guys got, though. :\

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Lots of PS1 RPGs CIB in good condition (including Valkyrie Profile, Persona 2, Kartia), CIB copies of every US-released FF game (except 11 and 14), CIB copies of every US-released DQ game (except that Torneko roguelike spinoff for PS1), CIB copies of every US-released Phantasy Star game, also Dracula X: Rondo of Blood, Radiant Silvergun and Panzer Dragoon Saga. And an FF1 Famicom copy autographed by Nobuo Uematsu.

Oh yeah, remembering back, I used to have a black label FF7, which I guess is pretty rare these days. But some asshole in high school stole disc 1 (among other things) the one time I let him in my house.

probably not expensive... but definately rare. my ID badge for the Ishamura, and my CEC mining USB key. both from dead space.

75.jpg

i also have a sealed black shirt Resident Evil 4 Leon S Kennedy figure without jacket which according to ebay are worth $100+.

lherre

Accurate
I think I wrote long time ago in this thread but I think I have to write again ...

Now maybe the rarest is this (among others, like ps3 lightning, gow3 presskit,)

P1000732.jpg

P1000729.jpg

P1000727.jpg

White 360 slim devkit

I have a regular blue one too

P1000735.jpg

Arandur

populoussignat2.jpg

Peter Molyneux has signed today my Populous for Master System. Dunno if is rare, expensive or what, but now is my "most precious treasure".

Now, I only want to know which is the best way to conserve the signature intact, i don't want to loose this.

jokkir

I have the Pokemon Promo video from way back when (before the release of Pokemon in NA). I have to find it though...

Not sure if it's rare though.

Top Bottom