• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Most Expensive and Rare Gaming Item

Frost_Ace

Oh God DAT SMT collection!!! I'm jelly @_@

anyway I think my rarest game is a pal copy of castlevania SOTN, not much I know :(

I don't know about "expensive" since a lot of this stuff I received directly from publishers or friends who work at developers. However, I'm pretty sure some of it is quite rare, and I love it all dearly (please excuse my awful pictures, my camera isn't charged so I only have this awful Razr phone camera):

A Bamba Club table lighter from LA Noire.

ADpUd.jpg

Teddy!

NPb7m.jpg

A numbered 3DS case for Resident Evil 3D.

0kfkY.jpg

I have some more stuff that I'll post when I charge my camera. Sorry again for the crap pictures.

Patapwn

My most expensive game I think is the Demons Souls collectors addition. My most rare game is Banjo Kazooie

beast786

Some of the Stuff that is personal and some with value.

Uncharted Drakes Fortune Hunter Edition(Only 200 World Wide):
dsc02041mm19.jpg

dsc02045wmc1.jpg

Uncharted Portfolio Art Book (Only 200 World Wide)

dsc02047tk8q.jpg

dsc02048sksq.jpg

dsc0204918hu.jpg

God of War 3 Portfolio Art Book (Only 200 World Wide):

dsc02054rmin.jpg

dsc02056yklx.jpg

dsc02055r8cc.jpg

dsc020576khk.jpg

GT5 Signature Edition:

dsc02050umhs.jpg

dsc02052q872.jpg

dsc020538kwo.jpg

My Personal Game and Watch from Childhood:

dsc020613mv8.jpg

dsc02062ske5.jpg

dsc02059zkhc.jpg

dsc02060fg8v.jpg

My Most Personal Loved from Childhood:
(This is not the one, mine is packed up)
hey-1.jpg

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
sega-saturn-controller-coming-to-ps2-20050505020225759_640w.jpg

Sold for crazy amounts, even used.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
BigJiantRobut said:
The pad or the poster?

The pad of course, hopefully this will come in handy for Sonic Generations. :)

Undubbed

I bought a sealed copy of Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne for $120...months...MONTHS after that; right out of the fucking blue, Atlus re-releases it for $40.

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Kazzy

That SMT collection is very nice, being a frugal student forbids me from going crazy and buying collectors editions and the like. Still I am jealous of a lot of stuff people have been posting, much of it I never even knew existed.

I'd like to invest in some artbooks at some point though, most on here look pretty amazing. Which is a bad thing as I have no doubt many of them are impossible to track down now!

Dali

They're not very amazing, expensive, and probably not that rare, but I've got a bunch of Dreamcast games that at one point went for double or triple their retail. Stuff like Powerstone 2, Project Justice, Ikaruga, Rez, MvC2, Shenmue 2 (PAL version), etc. I haven't checked ebay in years, but I'm pretty sure DD re-releases and ports to other consoles have essentially dropped the value to coaster status.

Let's see...

Limited Editions:
Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Treasure Box with Lu Bu figure
all four WoW LE sets
sealed PAL Demon's Souls Black Phantom Edition
FFXI soundtrack LE (and I don't even play the game!)
Genso Suikoden V Collector's Edition
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Hunter Pack (although I sold the game itself, kept the rest for the controller)

Signed stuff:
PAL Symphony of the Night and PAL Aria of Sorrow signed by IGA and Michiru Yamane
murloc figures signed by Chris Metzen and Chris Sigaty
Final Fantasy Vocal Collection: Pray and Phantasmagoria albums signed by Nobuo Uematsu
Immortal 3 album signed by Chris Hülsbeck

Other stuff:
Final Fantasy XII lithographs
Alucard and Maria collectible figures
Street Fighter Juli & Juni garage kit statue
Metroid: Zero Mission Samus figure (sold another for $200)
Kyo Kusanagi cosplay gloves

And various artbooks and stuff but nothing crazily expensive I think. PAL and US Suikoden 1 and 2, Cardfighters 2, PAL Shenmue 1-2. Oh, and maybe my dedicated Virtua Fighter 3 cabinet counts but I'm about to mod it for other games.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
not sure if they're valuable, but

- Parappa Rapper Alarm clock. Wakes you up with his music, and when you press his button you get 'i gotta beleive!' or 'oh no' or 'ok'

- Net Yaroze. Got this from the company I was working for, as they only shipped them to individuals not companies, so it was registered to me.

- Powerstone Anime cel.

- Leatherman that they gave out at Playstation DevCon about 15 years ago

SOME-MIST

probably the rarest thing I own:
dd_bl.jpg

dodonpachi dai-ou-jou black label extra
I think around 20,000 sold tho since the code for it was ripped directly off the ps2 port...so they stopped producing it.

mine isn't sealed, but sealed copies go for around 160-200, and used "very good" copies from 80-120. mine is probably considered "like new" so I have no idea what it'd sell for.

Dunan

My PS3 is this one:

005.jpg

...and back when I was thinking about getting a second one for CFW experimentation I bought this one:

middle_1239855203.jpg

Both are becoming rare nowadays. I never did try the CFW, so I'll probably sell one or the other. As it is I have one white controller and one black one hooked up to the white PS3.

Murkas

Psykotik said:
2d7wpig.jpg

only 2000 of these were made (the clock)

This is what I want out of this whole thread. :(

My stuff ain't that rare, just old games and CEs like Demons Souls (PAL) ,AC: Brotherhood Codex Edition, DR2 Zombrex edition, Castlevania :LoS (with the Godmask) etc.

Also got Silent Hill collection on PS2, I heard that's kinda rare.

mclem

I can't compete with the really rare stuff (Okay, possibly Xenoblade Chronicles down the line!), but I do have a PAL version of Panzer Dragoon Saga, which isn't too bad on the rarity list. Oh, and maybe Arc the Lad Collection (NTSC, but I don't think there were bazillions made, were there?)

Jarmel

Banned
Got some more stuff framed since my post on the first page.

This is probably my single most expensive piece in regards to pure monetary cost.

illium.jpg

Awesome cover

deepspaceb.jpg

LeleSocho

Banned
Sega1991 said:
When I was a but a child I wrote in to Nintendo as part of something I had to do for school (more of a summer project while on break) and in return they sent me this:

tnApn.jpg

They say it was signed by the staff at Rare, but what signatures I can make out do not correspond with any of the names in DKC's credits roll. Granted, I've only ever checked DKC1, and when they sent me this, they claimed it was "exclusive artwork" for DKC2. If I had to guess, though, I'd assume it's probably some tree house staff.

balladofwindfishes said:
A signed Pokemon poster from Nintendo power about a month before Nintendo outsourced it.
MoSXx.jpg
So SO jelly

SOME-MIST said:
probably the rarest thing I own:
dd_bl.jpg

dodonpachi dai-ou-jou black label extra
I think around 20,000 sold tho since the code for it was ripped directly off the ps2 port...so they stopped producing it.

mine isn't sealed, but sealed copies go for around 160-200, and used "very good" copies from 80-120. mine is probably considered "like new" so I have no idea what it'd sell for.

just got mine (mint) for 40€ (with the pre-order booklet(sealed))
I saw a lot of those floating around too. (on french shmup forums or yahoo auctions, but there prolly are a lot on system 11 and ebay too)

I think most jp stuff isn't a rare or expensive as we might think, I own a day one Advent Children - Advent Pieces : Limited boxset... seems rare/expensive as hell ? yeah, well check yahoo auctions xD

got a (ZOE2) anubis visual works artbook and a jpn Anubis Limited Edition boxet from yahoo auctions last month for 100€ (visual works goes for like 200-300$ on ebay, anubis LE around the same mark I suppose)

One of these days I need to go for a expedition into my closet for a few select items to drop a bomb on this thread.

Well, maybe not a very big bomb.

If I ever get my hands on a Famicom Titler going for 500-1000 on eBay, I guess I'll definitely do it then.

SOME-MIST

Hitoribhoshi said:
just got mine (mint) for 40€ (with the pre-order booklet(sealed))
I saw a lot of those floating around too. (on french shmup forums or yahoo auctions, but there prolly are a lot on system 11 and ebay too)

I think most jp stuff isn't a rare or expensive as we might think, I own a day one Advent Children - Advent Pieces : Limited boxset... seems rare/expensive as hell ? yeah, well check yahoo auctions xD

got a (ZOE2) anubis visual works artbook and a jpn Anubis Limited Edition boxet from yahoo auctions last month for 100€ (visual works goes for like 200-300$ on ebay, anubis LE around the same mark I suppose)
that's actually stupid. either you got an insane deal or some people have no idea how to price it. I've been camping cave-stg for another copy. maybe I should check out system11.

edit: actually I'm positive you got an insane deal. The game itself sold for $70, and typically all cave stuff, even unsealed goes up in price. This one in particular has probably the least amount of copies available as well - because of the whole 5pb/arika fiasco

abq

SOME-MIST said:
that's actually stupid. either you got an insane deal or some people have no idea how to price it. I've been camping cave-stg for another copy. maybe I should check out system11.

edit: actually I'm positive you got an insane deal. The game itself sold for $70, and typically all cave stuff, even unsealed goes up in price. This one in particular has probably the least amount of copies available as well - because of the whole 5pb/arika fiasco
I'm keeping my eyes on it. Two copies were up on eBay recently. I think both ended for less than $70. Here is the link to the most recent auction:

http://www.ebay.co.uk:80/itm/ws/eBa...em=160643572817&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:GB:1123

maybe. (I should point out I got it with Ketsui LE, guy was selling Ketsui LE+booklet for 70€, got that and DDPDOJ for 100€)

ok, it's yahoo auctions but still>
http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u36791561 (6,380JPY Buy it now, Sealed copy+Booklet)
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b126408389 (4,240JPY Buy it now, mint)

honestly, 360 Cave stuff isn't THAT rare or expensive, got a sealed LE Futari for 100€ 2month ago, and mint DS LE+sealed DLC card keep on popping up on french sites, saw 3 this month alone for 60-65, 70, 75€.

crpav

Anteater said:
I don't have anything rare :(

I do have this but it has zero value since it's not even playable anymore :lol

E86PI.jpg

I have that as well. Got it when I bought an overpriced Alienware years ago.

RPGCrazied

I wouldn't call it exspensive, maybe rare. I guess you could get it on ebay. For how much I dunno.

Tales of Legendia Lanyard
Picture614.jpg

image_1.jpeg

I got the box for the SEGA CDX, increasing its value, and that thing on top of it is a Master System converter II, which is quite rare and somewhat expensive. My copy of the European version of Shadow of the Colossus is sealed.

Next batch is some lesser valued stuff, disregarding Earth Bound of course.

image.JPG

I got a few more stuff that people consider rare or valuable but I beg to differ.

Edit:

Not pictured, my copy of Rez for the PS2, slipped my mind it did.

IMG_20110717_145233.jpg

A sealed copy of King of Colosseum II, signed by a few of the guys in it including the now deceased Mitsuharu Misawa, the man who is 2nd from the left. The guy on his right is also deceased, so I can't ever get his sig, but I do plan to hopefully get Chono's and Mutoh's sigs one day.

deleted

I have some Gamecube games that are considered rare I think, like MGS:TTS and Icaruga, but I'm not the type of guy who invests in collectors editions. But at gamescom I got this gem:

2zyy6th.jpg

Concerning rare, I'd have to guess that it's this present that I got back when the game launched (]-[air still rocks for this)

And concerning expensive it would be one of the CE's (top left).
The custom game cabinet on the right is priceless and must not be compared to worldly money as it was a present from my wife.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Dragon Force is probably the most valuable thing I have right now. VS FF VII guide would be right around there as well. Guardian Heroes? Dunno.

I've had AD&D Collection, Princess Crown (seriously why is this game supposed to be good?) Panzer Saga, SNES Ogre Battle, Neo Geo...

Sold a Darkstalkers Saturn pad to a GAFer a while back etc.

I remember I had the site bookmarked and I checked on it regularly for those GA-KO alarms but sadly I missed out. Same with the Phoenix Wright DSi briefcase case.

And man, that's a lot of Game & Watches up there. I only had one as a kid but I played it like crazy (Donkey Kong JR.).

Well, it's not much, but I have my sealed copy of the Zelda collector's CD, a boxed copy of Mario Party 2 in nice condition (not perfect, but above decent), and the CE PAX Halo Megablocks.

Top Bottom