• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yuji Horii reportedly announced DQ VII and VIII for the west at Japan Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cna't wait to finally play DQ7 with German text.
The German translations of DQ4-6 were extremely awesome and well done.
It's like this is the only game series that knows how to use dialects well.

ebQ0F0q.jpg
lol

Unless the price of that is $90, keep dreaming.

Shauni

lol

Unless the price of that is $90, keep dreaming.

I doubt it would be more than two full priced 3DS games if such a thing were to happen, $70-80 maybe. But it's not going to happen, at least not exclusively as a bundle without the two sold separately as well, anyway.

You guys are in the minority.

Yeah, but if they pulled an Atlus, did a limited run at a premium price, they would sell through the entire shipment guaranteed -- at almost any price.

Not that I actually think they would do a double pack, but I'm just saying that they could and it would be easily financially successful.

If these are actually coming, I expect one early next year, and the other at the end of the year or early 2017.

Oregano

Add Amiibo support which gives Yggdrasil Leafs when tapped. Sell Slime Amiibo separately.

Do double pack with DQVII & VIII and a Metal Slime Amiibo. $100.

That one's free SE/Nintendo.

fates

Yeah, but if they pulled an Atlus, did a limited run

Be careful about that wording when it comes to Nintendo. For Atlus "limited run" means the game is available for like a year or so before selling out.

For Nintendo, "limited run" means available for all of 10 seconds at retailers before being sold out.

I just hope DQ7 and 8 are treated like normal games.

Oregano

sörine;170981945 said:
My vote would actually be for the Slime Family or Torneko. Knowing sword-happy Sakurai we'd probably just get Loto though. :/

Would it not be the DQVI hero, he's got blue hair?

sörine;170981945 said:
My vote would actually be for the Slime Family or Torneko. Knowing sword-happy Sakurai we'd probably just get Loto though. :/

DQ doesn't have a lot of strong characters, so Loto would probably be the most well known.

It'd be cute to see a blue slime that can morph into different slimes (like slime knight, king slime, metal slime) for different attacks.

Oregano

If DQXI is revealed to be a PS4 title, I don't think we'll be seeing Dragon Quest amiibos.

Ryu from Street Fighter is getting an Amiibo so that wouldn't change anything. They won't be getting Amiibos though, that would mean SE actually cares.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
He spilled the beans too early, it'd seem. I don't think they'll announce the games anytime soon.

Guess it was super early then. Was hoping for it to be during Japan Expo. Boo. Most likely Gamescon then, because maybe it's possible that he mixed the 2 cons up?

I mean what do we still have coming up for possible game announcements:

Otakon
Gamescon
TGS
(I heard SE was also doing their own thing too?)

One of thsoe for sure

Guess it was super early then. Was hoping for it to be during Japan Expo. Boo. Most likely Gamescon then, because maybe it's possible that he mixed the 2 cons up?

I mean what do we still have coming up for possible game announcements:

Otakon
Gamescon
TGS
(I heard SE was also doing their own thing too?)

One of thsoe for sure

Next month Nintendo Direct is possible too.

MLH

I suppose the rumours circulating around the C&D for the DQ7 fan translation were true after all. It's felt like one long weekend with all the news, I wouldn't expect any confirmation from either Nintendo or SE over the weekend, but I wonder if they'll stick to the plan and announce it when they're ready or give up and confirm it this week.

Yuji Horii reportedly announced DQ VII and VIII for the west at Japan Expo - 55,533
Yuji Horii: Dragon Quest 11 will be an offline game, for home consoles - 54,652

The audience has spoken.

Yuji Horii reportedly announced DQ VII and VIII for the west at Japan Expo - 55,533

The audience has spoken.

Yah well this thread is for two games so divide it by 2. 27767 < 54652, XI wins

HOLY SHIT WHAT A GREAT DAY, FIRST THE OXI IN GREECE AND NOW THIS!

I know right? No to austerity measures, yes to more dragon quest.

So is it pretty much widely agreed at this point that Horii accidentally announced western 3DS releases for both games ahead of time or is there still some wiggle room, as in, he more meant that he personally *wants* them to have western releases but by no means a confirmation and we're still on shaky ground? Or is the majority understanding that he probably wouldn't have even expressed his desire unless something was up and the SE translator probably wouldn't have a real reason to be annoyed with him unless he'd spilled the beans? Anyways, I don't care if it's double pack, single, whatever, I will pay premium price for both DQ VII and VIII,

Links_fantasy

I can't wait if it's true to play both on the 3DS, and I hope they sell a lot and show that handheld owners want to play this series in the West and not just on iPhones.

crinale

The audience has spoken.
Okay so Westerners want remake rather than DQ 11. Note that SE.
j/k

I don't speak French, so I'm curious to know if any of these outlets asked Horii any interesting questions. And what happened at the stage show? Only the DQ11 answer and this announcement are being reported. For example, did anyone ask why SE has been neglecting Western fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom