• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda BOTW Patch 1.1.2 released

Yeah I really hope this fixes the moblin issues. Last week, I broke a moblin's guard while in N
orthern
A
kkala
, and the game froze for a solid two seconds.

tkscz

SWgX0t1.jpg

So pleasant

Ms.Galaxy

Was improved but not fixed with 1.1.

Definitely a glitch.

Any updates on this?

Went to Death Mountain just to test it. They're still Moblining on the Switch version.

I also checked to see if it fixed the glitch I mentioned earlier and the answer is nope. They also didn't fix the parts of overworld that let's you go inside the terrain, like this:

They could at least vary the patch notes a little. Next time it should be a more enrapturing gaming experience, or a more enthralling gaming experience.

Actually, if I may be serious for a moment, I wonder if this adds something OS/network related which may get announced and then activated in tomorrow's Direct.

Nanashrew

Banned
Huh...weird, I've never encountered this on Switch and I've taken down my fair share of Moblins.

It's not a super common occurrence, but one that should definitely get patched. I ran into it awhile back in Hebra Mountain and I thought my game crashed and I would be forced to restart.

Ms.Galaxy

It's not a super common occurrence, but one that should definitely get patched. I ran into it awhile back in Hebra Mountain and I thought my game crashed and I would be forced to restart.

Speaking of, this glitch seems to be more common in the Hebra and Eldin regions for some reason too. Probably because of the number of moblins that exist in those regions, but even just one moblin in there is enough for it to lag for 3 seconds. In the Switch version, at least.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
It did not fix the Moblin ragdoll issue on Wii U, at least.

Ugh, I'm on Switch and this is one of my biggest complaints. So baffling and seems like something they should definitely be able to fix. Something is going terribly wrong in some instances of killing Moblins.

BigPete

Killed theee moblins in the
coleseum
during the pouring rain. No stutter at all. Not sure if it would have normally glitched there though.

Ms.Galaxy

Killed theee moblins in the
coleseum
during the pouring rain. No stutter at all. Not sure if it would have normally glitched there though.

Not usually, no. Rain isn't the cause of the issue, nor does it seem to cause it to appear more often. Try a Moblin camp in Death Mountain and knock'em down or blast them off with something. I attempted and it hanged up for a couple of seconds.

atr0cious

Not usually, no. Rain isn't the cause of the issue, nor does it seem to cause it to appear more often. Try a Moblin camp in Death Mountain and knock'em down or blast them off with something. I attempted and it hanged up for a couple of seconds.
Akkala has a bunch near the blue flame, made that quest particularly tense.

Caelus

I'm expecting a lot more of these cause of DLC. By the time of winter DLC or prior, I expect smooth 30 fps (on Switch) with the ragdoll issues fix.

Totally hoping for a 1080p patch too... that one's more unrealistic, but hey. Pleasantries.

Dryk

I really want to know what's causing that Moblin problem but I'm not holding out hope that anyone will ever say

I don't think Nintendo understands the idea of patch notes.
It varies from game to game. Splatoon had detailed patch notes... every other game doesn't.

Ninja Dom

I really want to know what's causing that Moblin problem but I'm not holding out hope that anyone will ever say

It varies from game to game. Splatoon had detailed patch notes... every other game doesn't.

I'm guessing it's cpu calculations of the ragdoll physics on the terrain mixed in with the weather.

OryoN

LOL, I barely made it pass the first page and you guys are killing me already.

Gotta love Nintendo patch release threads. :D

Sad cause the my Wii U version probably won't become more pleasant. :(

Regiruler

Star Fox Guard received patch notes as well. Granted, the recurring theme seems to be they only give patch notes if there's a gameplay change.

kunonabi

What's the star bit glitch? I've played the game for 160 hours and think I seen 1 fall from the sky.

Sometimes they embed inside the ground so you can't pick them up. I've also had stretches where they refused to spawn and I had to reboot. That might just have been a run of bad luck though.

Kangi

First moblin I fought post-patch and it stuttered as it got knocked over. Switch, undocked.

It's not a common enough bug to really impact enjoyment of the game, but it's odd that it still hasn't been fixed when it's probably the most prominent one.

After 150 hours I don't think I've ever had a blood moon or a star bit glitch.
Are you guys sure you didn't take too long to get to the star or it rolled down the hill?
Any guessed to what causes the blood moon glitch?

Top Bottom