• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda BOTW Patch 1.1.2 released

There are enemies on horses that can shoot arrows and you can pick as many as you want.

They placed a cap. Up to 20 before you can't pick them anymore from the same bokoblin

Nyoro SF

There are enemies on horses that can shoot arrows and you can pick as many as you want.

They placed a cap. Up to 20 before you can't pick them anymore from the same bokoblin

Interesting. Well, it's not like it matters, by the time you're halfway through the game you're flush with enough cash to buy as many arrows as you want (or even earlier).

Justinian

This cap has always been in place. From my experience it's far less than 20. They only leave a few arrows before they start disappear on impact.

MUnited83

For you.
Hold up in the stick to walk, press down on the dpad for whistling and while the whistling animation appears, mash the run button.

Warning : it is not healthy for your hands

It's not that uncomfortable at all though. At least if your intent is just running of course, if you want to use it in middle of combat it's certanly trickier :p

Nintendo pioneering Placebo Patches. They do nothing, but people convince themselves the game is improved.

However, they didn't count on the digital hypochondriacs, who in the absence of notes insist things have worsened.

Whales

Banned
Were the enemies on horses? Sunday I collected over 100 arrows from two horseback boboklins so idk

theres probably a faster way that involves

go to the little island next to eventids, theres a chest in the water. Open it to get 10 arrows, save, reload the game and the chest will be back in its spot with 10 more arrows in it. Rinse n repeat

Pineconn

It could have fixed the blood moon glitch. It's kinda hard to confirm, but it's easy to debunk if it happens to someone eventually.

RedFox85

For those looking for arrows I actually found a way to get a decent amount of arrows fairly quickly very MINOR spoiler.

On the climb up the mountain to zoras domain you can combat a ton of lizard men and they all drop 5 arrows a piece or more, I always came away from this with a bunch of arrows. It's also a great fishing spot.

go to the little island next to eventids, theres a chest in the water. Open it to get 10 arrows, save, reload the game and the chest will be back in its spot with 10 more arrows in it. Rinse n repeat

I found that chest a few days ago, hope it's not patched.

D.Lo

For those looking for arrows I actually found a way to get a decent amount of arrows fairly quickly very MINOR spoiler.

On the climb up the mountain to zoras domain you can combat a ton of lizard men and they all drop 5 arrows a piece or more, I always came away from this with a bunch of arrows. It's also a great fishing spot.
I just mine everything and end up with so much cash I buy arrows from every shop when I pass lol.

Do they release patch notes for Smash yet? iirc Splatoon and Mario Kart got patch notes but not many other games have.
Smash hasn't exactly gotten a patch recently for there to be a change in how they do notes.

My guess would be that Nintendo has no company-wide standard for patch notes, so different dev teams are free to write however much they think is necessary. The Splatoon team in particular seems to understand what players of competitive multiplayer games need from patch notes, which is essentially everything lol.

I think that fix is inevitable, but I hope they don't do anything to make that area look less beautiful because good lord, it looks like concept art come to life.

I'd rather then get rid of some of that grass if it means we'll get a smooth frame rate. I purposely avoid that forest because of the lag.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
A lot of this is probably adressing C and D category bugs. Stuff only .5% of people playing might experience

whome0

What is the download size of this patch or more precicely how much is sdcard capacity consumed after the installation? Do this game turn out to be a digital version after a while?

balohna

But the main towns don't restock quick enough and it's a pain having to go see Beedle at all his different locations.

Huh, I've been playing through the game without using tricks for arrows and have never felt like it has been hard to get arrows if I need them.

Malus

This. The grass is just gorgeous to look and run through.

Overall yeah but I don't think it'd matter much if they just removed some from that forest.

I hope they at least fix the freezing by the time I pick the game back up/when all the dlc is available.

Infinite arrows trick reported patched

Guess i will be clearing my internet settings, then.

Please...for the love of god no. No.

vader.jpg

Ninja Dom

Huh, I've been playing through the game without using tricks for arrows and have never felt like it has been hard to get arrows if I need them.

Yeah, same here. Currently got around 100 regular arrows on me, no tricks involved. Never ever felt difficult to get arrows.

Insaniac

I do this, its more entertaining anyways.

In my game, after clearing Eventide island, all I did was teleport to Hateno in order to leave a weapon in my house and teleport back to the island. I was surprised to find out that all the enemies (except the Hinox) and chests respawned. I never saved and reloaded during this. I wonder if this was a bug/glitch and if this was fixed in the latest patch. Will try it again when I get home to check.

OryoN

Yeah, I found it pretty easy to stock up also. I generally don't get the complaints about weapons breaking to easily, or arrow stores not restocking fast enough(spamming arrows maybe?). I feel like I'm always having a huge surplus of weapons, including several I left hanging around the map, marked by stamps.

Maybe years of survival games instilled in me the importance of conservation and making every item/weapon count. I would drop weapons during battle, just so I can pick up nearby weaker ones for the sole purpose of throwing for a critical hit. Admittedly, another reason for my ample supply is because I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to my battle strategy. I don't hesitate to reload a save file if I think a my strategy went haywire and caused me to use waaay too many items, weapons/strikes. Sometimes it makes some battles more challenging than they need to be, but the end result is quite gratifying. I even spoil myself from time to time and "let loose" on hapless baddies, so I can deplete some of my stock. I never imagined playing a Zelda game in this manner before, so it's really incredible that the game allows us to play pretty much how ever we want.

According to @NWPlayer123 on the twitters, all the update did was tweak
Master Kohga
's AI, and something about save tracking.

Here's the tweet if you wanna see for yourself. Nothing interesting tbh

Someone in the comments of gamexplain's video posted this

This update has fixed a glitch in the Master Kohga boss fight which seems to be very rare but happened to me.
He disappeared during the fight and I was unable to complete the quest which made it impossible to get to Divine Beast Vah Naboris.
After the update I went back to the boss fight area and was able to restart the boss fight.

My method too!

People are saying just buy them but I find the shops take a looong time to restock, so it's not that great. Well, I guess when you've unlocked/been to every shop it's decent, but when you don't have that many to buy from yet, not really.

DSN2K

I do love Nintendo but I look forward to another developer taking the piss and putting that line in their patch notes :D

Top Bottom