• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda BOTW Patch 1.1.2 released

Pinky

Banned
Encountered some Moblins. They still cause the game to hang for a second or so when you knock them down.

Come on, Nintendo.

This is so bizarre. When I first encountered moblins, this never happened to me. However, in the last week or so, it's happened to me a few times. The game freezes for a second or two and continues on as normal. What's up with that???

Also, I'm still waiting on Nintendo to add the option to board up bears in horse stables. Get on it, Ninty!!!

Instro

I was wondering about that, the precious stones you mine are just for selling or can be used for other stuff later?
No spoilers please just an answer if I should keep them all or some of them, thanks.

I would limit the amount of gems you sell. Unless you need fast cash they are better saved for armor upgrades. Some upgrades require 10, 15, or 20 of specific gems per piece as part of the materials. There are easier ways to make money in this game anyway.

Ridley1

Neo Member
I've been selling half of everything I find except diamonds and luminous stones. I haven't figured out what to use anything for, but arrows and armor don't buy themselves so I gotta sell them shits.

Once I got the stealth clothing set I never had a problem getting rupees. The farmer near Akala research place will let you hunt deer for free. You have 60 seconds and I can easily get 7 prime meats. When cooked they sell for ~50 rupees a piece. 5 x prime meats = 210 rupees but 3 prime and 2 apple/mushrooms/etc = 160 which is better yield.

60 seconds per 7 meat x 50 rupees = 350 rupees / min

Again you have to wear the stealth set otherwise the deer run away. And if you are low on bows or arrows the path to Zora has TONS from the lizards!

Safari feels snappier.

XS5LK.gif

;)

I would limit the amount of gems you sell. Unless you need fast cash they are better saved for armor upgrades. Some upgrades require 10, 15, or 20 of specific gems per piece as part of the materials. There are easier ways to make money in this game anyway.

You can upgrade armor?

There's still so much I don't know how to do. I've completed 20 shrines. I've reached the Zora domain. But I don't know how to upgrade armor, no idea how to get the master sword. No idea what to do with the seeds I find.

The lack of hand holding in this game is a blessing and a curse.

You can upgrade armor?

There's still so much I don't know how to do. I've completed 20 shrines. I've reached the Zora domain. But I don't know how to upgrade armor, no idea how to get the master sword. No idea what to do with the seeds I find.

You'll find it in time. Don't stress it.

Pinky

Banned
You can upgrade armor?

Don't stress, my friend. Explore and discover. Be patient and take your time. That which you seek will reveal itself to you. I haven't used a guide of any sort and I'm discovering things left and right. It'll happen for you. ;)

Edit: One more thing... If something catches your eye, NEVER assume it's nothing and ALWAYS assume it's something. Let your curiosity lead you.

OmahaG8

Don't stress, my friend. Explore and discover. Be patient and take your time. That which you seek will reveal itself to you. I haven't used a guide of any sort and I'm discovering things left and right. It'll happen for you. ;)

Edit: One more thing... If something catches your eye, NEVER assume it's nothing and ALWAYS assume it's something. Let your curiosity lead you.

This.

I've been playing for 50 hours and had just been going from region to region doing everything I found in a localized area.

Last few days I decided to let all my open quests go for now, trudged into an unknown area, and am working on just going anywhere I feel. Feels good. Finding weird/new stuff.

You can upgrade armor?

How did you reach the Zora Doman while completely ignoring the entire town of Kakariko Village telling you to visit the village's Great Fairy?

You can upgrade armor?

well between the seeds and armor upgrades it sounds like you found a path to zora's domain that didn't take you through
kakariko
because you learn about the seeds from a roadside NPC on the way in, and learn about armor upgrades from a side-quest/ random exploration there.

well between the seeds and armor upgrades it sounds like you found a path to zora's domain that didn't take you through
kakariko
because you learn about the seeds from a roadside NPC on the way in, and learn about armor upgrades from a side-quest/ random exploration there.

Actually, yeah. I didn't go to Kakariko until I learned about the camera rune. Because I had to be sent to Lady Impa. That's when I went to the village, but only for that specific reason. I didn't explore the town yet.

That's what I get for taking a meandering path I suppose. I just see shrines and head in that direction. It's basically Skyrim syndrome all over again.

This is so bizarre. When I first encountered moblins, this never happened to me. However, in the last week or so, it's happened to me a few times. The game freezes for a second or two and continues on as normal. What's up with that???

Also, I'm still waiting on Nintendo to add the option to board up bears in horse stables. Get on it, Ninty!!!

Same here. I didn't really encounter the issue with the moblins until after the patch that fixed the framerate (which was a really big improvement imo, kudos to Nintendo). I really hope they fix this too because it gets pretty bad sometimes.

Actually, yeah. I didn't go to Kakariko until I learned about the camera rune. Because I had to be sent to Lady Impa. That's when I went to the village, but only for that specific reason. I didn't explore the town yet.

That's what I get for taking a meandering path I suppose. I just see shrines and head in that direction. It's basically Skyrim syndrome all over again.

i don't blame you. in hindsight it kind of feels like a miracle that I took the proper path to meet the seed-related npc.

Pinky

Banned
Same here. I didn't really encounter the issue with the moblins until after the patch that fixed the framerate (which was a really big improvement imo, kudos to Nintendo). I really hope they fix this too because it gets pretty bad sometimes.

I think I'm gonna avoid direct combat with moblins until it's(hopefully) fixed.

Instro

I didn't take the direct path either, totally missed the seed guy and found the fairy fountain without doing the related quest. There is one in Kakariko that will send you to it though.

How did you reach the Zora Doman while completely ignoring the entire town of Kakariko Village telling you to visit the village's Great Fairy?

Being such a huge open world game it's beautiful that people have different experiances then others.

How many people do you think went west instead of east after getting the paraglider?

klier

On both versions, there's a chance that knocking over a Moblin will cause the game to completely hang up for anywhere from an instant to like 2-3 whole seconds.

Two full seconds already is hyperbole IMO, but you really are pushing it with 3 seconds. That's just too long. Never had such a thing in my 165 hour (so far) playtime. You know how long three SECONDS are?

How many people do you think went west instead of east after getting the paraglider?

I went West while facing the castle. Landed close to the entrance of the colosseum, and decided to have a look....

...Dear me.

Neat.
Reminds me of GTA V

There is a catch though. When you stop running you finish the whistle which can alert any enemies that hadn't noticed you yet. Just bear that in mind :)

I immediately went West a bit as i'd seen some neat horses that way, then i went North a bit then East over the bridge and realised it was the quest direction so i immediately went back West and North. I eventually went to the East and had a good wander around.

I immediately went West a bit as i'd seen some neat horses that way, then i went North a bit then East over the bridge and realised it was the quest direction so i immediately went back West and North. I eventually went to the East and had a good wander around.

So basically you just hate going south. You know, there's cool stuff down there :p

Haunted

Lynels are tough yo. Just got my ass kicked by one.

2000 health points, fuck that shit.
Oh you don't know the half of it.

The game has created so many fantastic moments on my playthrough, absolutely love it.

Wonder what this patch changed and why Nintendo doesn't do proper patch notes.

just gotta dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge
Yeah that is my plan for my next try. Also really want to nail down the shield parry, seems like an essential technique that I never use... But I just realized I only have a single one-handed weapon on me right now :/

Reading these posts I can't help but wonder if bad open world design has ingrained bad habits in players. There is structure in this game. Stuff isn't plopped around the map at random. BotW does not lead you by the nose, but the bread crumbs it sets out leads you to loads of interesting stuff and of course gives you ideas about what to look out for and what you could be doing. In no way does this structure inhibit free exploration, if anything it enhances it as it gives you purpose in your wandering.

Yeah that is my plan for my next try. Also really want to nail down the shield parry, seems like an essential technique that I never use... But I just realized I only have a single one-handed weapon on me right now :/
Perfect dodges are much more useful against Lynels. Perfect guards (shield parries) are generally better for projectile reflection and disarming foes, but Lynels can't be disarmed and rarely use projectiles.

Dodge+Flurry makes Lynels pretty easy, but it doesn't stop their attacks from annihilating your hearts haha.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
the "farming star fragments" glitch stopped working!

So how the hell are you supposed to get Star Fragments then? I got sidetracked right in the middle of posting this, but it's concerning to me, as I realllllly need to farm a few of them and I cannot be bothered to just run around forever waiting for them to spawn...

Minnow

So how the hell are you supposed to get Star Fragments then? I got sidetracked right in the middle of posting this, but it's concerning to me, as I realllllly need to farm a few of them and I cannot be bothered to just run around forever waiting for them to spawn...

I'm gonna assume you're sorta far in the game to be farming fragments so...
you can find them
by killing certain lynels in the north western death mountain region. I had like 2/3 of them drop star fragments.
GL

joesiv

After I hit twin peaks, I immediately went east, and followed the cost down and hit all the towers between the cost and the peaks, Then crossed back to the desert, which I took out the my first beast, that boss fight was really hard with only 4 hearts!

I just got to Zora's Domain for the first time after 55 hours and defeated my first Divine Beast. It was funny with characters telling me things like "You need to go get 20 shock arrows... Oh you already have them, ok then move along", or various NPCs asking me to do a quest for them only for me to get the quest complete prompt as I finish my next conversation immediately afterwards.

Really didn't like all the forced conversations and cutscenes in this part of the game. Forced stories are one of the big reasons I stopped playing games for a long time, and I was thrilled when there was very little of that in my first 50+ hours of the game... I thought the developers had completely fixed my gripe with unskippable dialogue and cutscenes in this game, but alas turns out that's not the case.

Also the voice acting stinks.

Still the best game I've played though :p

Top Bottom