• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

Skilletor

Are you so tight on money that you can't afford to be without your 25 dollars until the patch comes out? You'd still have something to play in the mean time. People don't seem to care much about money considering they're suggesting buying 360s haha

You're so confident that the work necessary to get this to parity will be done. It is, afterall, only a 25 dollar game.

Why not wait?

And why buy it now, get used to the shitty input timing of the game and then have to adjust when/if it's fixed?

You're blaming fans for being angry that a game doesn't work as advertised, and being mad that people aren't giving a developer the benefit of the doubt when they demonstrate both gross incompetence and gross negligence.

Your argument is basically that it's the FGC's fault that they aren't enjoying the game, and that if I expect a game to work on launch it's my fault for having unreasonable expectations

Then tell people to wait for the patch

I have been, but I wish I could have discourse without a disclaimer in each message explaining that I'm not apologizing for the port.

My argument is more like, be outraged quieter. If you're a pro player, get your refund and move on. Take your principled stance against bad industry practices out on something shitty like Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty. Almost any port made in this age given the same level of scrutiny could be blasted up the ass on day 1.

I'm gonna go actually play it now and see if I can get some sweet new glitches to complain about. ;-)
Just "a few moves"?

- Projectiles can turn invisible.
- Multi-hitting moves (Honda hand-slap, Chun bird kick, Gen hands, etc.) don't function properly.
- Moves that are supposed to suck the opponent in (Rufus tornado & ultra 2) don't do so properly.
- Some move animations (Decapre teleport) are bugged and inaccurate.
- FADC combos can just clip and teleport through the opponent altogether.
And just like every other time in the game's development cycle that issues like this came up, they we're patched. It's not a big deal.

Are you so tight on money that you can't afford to be without your 25 dollars until the patch comes out? You'd still have something to play in the mean time. People don't seem to care much about money considering they're suggesting buying 360s haha

What patch? Why are you so sure that a patch is going to fix it?

A lot of people posting in this thread already own SF4 on another platform, so that's 25 dollars I saved by not buying a worse version of the game.

If I don't already own it, I can buy a game that works like I expect it to work? USF4 isn't the only game on PS4

FSLink

Banned

If. If it comes out.

Let's remember that the PC version took quite a bit of time to get right.

II'm gonna go actually play it now and see if I can get some sweet new glitches to complain about. ;-)
Cool, I'll play the 360 version instead which you can grab for less than $25:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E44EZPE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

People should have been in a fucking uproar over SFA2 on SNES using the justifications in this thread, and that had NO chance of being patched.

There could've been a lot of upset customers for that version for all we know, but according to its wiki, SFA2 got released simultaneously on SNES, Saturn and PSX. And I forget what problems the game had on SNES, but as long as it wasn't advertised to be as good as the following-gen ports or the definitive version, I can understand how expectations were lower. A more accurate comparison would've been if SFA2 showed up on PSN (PS3) with more problems than the game has had before in older ports.

Do we have sales data yet?

Sorry, I clarified in my post. I meant the condition of the game.

I mean I'd think PS4 would be worth running in the future (post patches) if only because people would need PS4 sticks for 5 anyway. But I don't really care about the competitive community, the game will have a community online without them is my point :)

Just as long as you understand why the competitive community cares so much. They contribute to the overall numbers of how big your online community will be, or won't be in this case.

Korezo

Did anyone mention yet that the Trophies still say SUPER Street Fighter IV instead of ULTRA?

Kinda telling how badly this port was handled.

Yeah, it's pretty lazy. They just took the exact same trophy list over from PS3.

Could have at least renamed it Ultra and just integrated the Arcade Edition/Ultra trophies that were DLC into the normal list.

All versions say super except pc, super is still the base game with the main trophies...

Toxi

Banned
I have been, but I wish I could have discourse without a disclaimer in each message explaining that I'm not apologizing for the port.

My argument is more like, be outraged quieter. If you're a pro player, get your refund and move on. Take your principled stance against bad industry practices out on something shitty like Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty. Almost any port made in this age given the same level of scrutiny could be blasted up the ass on day 1.

I'm gonna go actually play it now and see if I can get some sweet new glitches to complain about. ;-)
I'm sorry, is this a joke?

You're so confident that the work necessary to get this to parity will be done. It is, afterall, only a 25 dollar game.

Why not wait?

And why buy it now, get used to the shitty input timing of the game and then have to adjust when/if it's fixed?
I'm not gonna wait because I want to play Street Fighter haha. And I'll adjust to it when the time comes because I'm an adult.

A lot of people posting in this thread already own SF4 on another platform, so that's 25 dollars I saved by not buying a worse version of the game.

If I don't already own it, I can buy a game that works like I expect it to work? USF4 isn't the only game on PS4
Well that's fine, but this all started over someone who didn't own it on another platform :)

This game is a great deal if you can't/don't want to play on PC.

FSLink

Banned
If only it worked on my PS4 so I could play it with my PS4 friends...

Yeah, if only it worked right. Sorry, my friends have more standards. Again I'm not saying people can't enjoy it but it's weird to see people recommend it. The playerbase is also much smaller thanks to this whole debacle. :/

I'm not gonna wait because I want to play Street Fighter haha. And I'll adjust to it when the time comes because I'm an adult.

Man, get that shit out of here. That's just provoking people.

VashTS

You're straight up scaring me with how hard you're trying to push this terrible port on people. Even in different threads.....haha

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for patches to get certified?

Onemic

Yeah, similarly, I still see people saying how the PC version is broken due to netcode, when Capcom and Valve actually worked together to get fixes to the P2P network APIs integrated into the Steam client. It just took some time, and it's probably the best version now, but still gets badmouthed.

This sentiment is already almost gone and the PC version is once again being held as the best version of the game. Not only that, but the patch that finally fixed everything came out not even a month ago.(USF4 for PC came out almost a year back in August) I'm sure if they patch it and fix all the issues quickly the damage OO/Sony have already done can be fixed. Of course that's a big if lol.

And just like every other time in the game's development cycle that issues like this came up, they we're patched. It's not a big deal.

I don't see how these kinds of things won't be repeated in the future if both publishers and potential customers aren't made aware of how unpleasant it is. You're essentially saying that it doesn't matter if a game is booty, you shouldn't do anything to hurt sales numbers.

Also, there's no guarantee that it gets fixed. As far as I know there were still a bunch of unintended "features" in MK9 like player 1 advantage that were never patched, and the Other Ocean devs have abandoned other botched ports before patching them fully, etc.

The reason to spread the word about this bad port and get people to not buy it is to not reward bad port work.

Some of guys are such corporate apologists it seems, lol. Outrage quieter? Wtf.

And the bugs arent trivial. A bad tree texture in the back of the stage is trivial.

vg260

This sentiment is already almost gone and the PC version is once again being held as the best version of the game. Not only that, but the patch that finally fixed everything came out not even a month ago.(USF4 for PC came out almost a year back in August) I'm sure if they patch it and fix all the issues quickly the damage OO/Sony have already done can be fixed. Of course that's a big if lol.

Oh ok, that's good to know regarding the PC version then. I just saw it more randomly here recently in threads I guess.

nikos

I think I've adjusted to the 8F (or whatever) delay. It's going to be brutal when I go to a local session and play on 360.

The reason to spread the word about this bad port and get people to not buy it is to not reward bad port work.

Some of guys are such corporate apologists it seems, lol. Outrage quieter? Wtf.

And the bugs arent trivial. A bad tree texture in the back of the stage is trivial.
Yes, it's impossible to both buy and enjoy the game while also alerting the developers to the issues you have with it. Thanks a lot for selling out, Maximillian Dood. Fight the power. Etc.

I think post like this, and Beelzebufo's and riskVSreward's posts have me looking at getting the PC version now. But off-hand, for anyone that still consistently uses that port, are there still fixes needed for it, or is it all it needs to be at this point?

I think post like this, and Beelzebufo's and riskVSreward's posts have me looking at getting the PC version now. But off-hand, for anyone that still consistently uses that port, are there still fixes needed for it, or is it all it needs to be at this point?

Aside from color indication of connection quality online not being 100% accurate, I have no issues with it all. Its pretty great. I'd wait until the steam summer sale though so you can get it when its cheaper.

FSLink

Banned
Yes, it's impossible to both buy and enjoy the game while also alerting the developers to the issues you have with it. Thanks a lot for selling out, Maximillian Dood. Fight the power. Etc.

The difference being is that I bet some of the people who bought it wouldn't have if they knew about the issues before hand.

Thats what people are doing in this thread, no? Devs looks at threads about their games.

Why is it bad to tell people to hold off and not reward bad port work? Does that make the game less fun for you? You dont mind the issues. Let the ones that do be.

Why control info? Let the people know and decide. Spread the word of this bad port!

Onemic

『Inaba Resident』;165601064 said:
Aside from color indication of connection quality online not being 100% accurate, I have no issues with it all. Its pretty great. I'd wait until the steam summer sale though so you can get it when its cheaper.

Ya, I'd say wait for the summer sale, especially since it's less than a month away probably. It's an amazing port and definitely has the most solid netcode of all the platforms(besides the whole color indicators thing). All the fixes that were initially needed have been applied.

Biker19

Banned
If only it worked on my PS4 so I could play it with my PS4 friends...

I agree. Why couldn't Sony &/or Capcom just port over the PC version, map the button configurations, make sure that the netcode for the online multiplayer for PSN on PS4 is up to snuff & call it a day instead of using the PS3 version, bump up the resolution to Native 1080p, among having to do more work?

It wouldn't have been so hard for them to do, especially when it's easy to port games from PC to PS4 & vice-versa.

FSLink

Banned
And yet I bet a lot of people would have bought it if it weren't for people misleading them in this thread :)

No need for the sarcasm smilies.

And it's not misleading. If you don't have any issues, cool, but I think recommending people not to buy it when it's been widely reported to have issues is a good thing. Publishers shouldn't be rewarded for incompetence and false advertising.

No need for the smilies.

And it's not misleading. If you don't have any issues, cool, but I think recommending people not to buy it when it's been widely reported to have issues is a good thing. Publishers shouldn't be rewarded for incompetence.
It is most certainly misleading to exaggerate the issues the way some people have been :)

Like seriously, has anyone with the game seen a single invisible projectile on their own?

zlatko

Banned
If they can fix the delay, better the net code, and get rid of the bugs I'm all for it.

Most importantly the Decapre teleport bugs.

However, I feel two things:

1) By the time they get it to a good state SF5 beta will be around the corner... and no one will give two shits about this version anyway.

2) They are wasting their money and time to do more than 1 patch on this.

This doesn't seem like a quick fix, and so this was a waste of time and money for everyone involved. I'm willing to eat crow, but too much went wrong and it'll take a miracle to fix it within a month to make me purchase.

FSLink

Banned
It is most certainly misleading to exaggerate the issues the way some people have been :)

Like seriously, has anyone with the game seen a single invisible projectile on their own?

Yes? Why do you think there's video footage. The projectile thing isn't even a big deal but the other stuff like the Decapre teleport bug is absolutely one.

It's not misleading, but hey if you want to waste $25 when you can spend it elsewhere while they patch the game (we don't even know if they will completely), more power to you. People will call you out for recommending it though when there's better options out there.

EDIT: Thanks Seven Force for quoting the Sixfortyfive list.

Yes? Why do you think there's video footage. The projectile thing isn't even a big deal but the other stuff like the Decapre teleport bug is absolutely one.

It's not misleading, but hey if you want to waste $25 when you can spend it elsewhere while they patch the game (we don't even know if they will completely), more power to you. People will call you out for recommending it though when there's better options out there.
Have you seen an invisible projectile yourself? Like outside of YouTube videos. Honest question. How often? Youre just saying "it's not misleading" without giving reasons why it's not misleading. I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish here.

And it's anything but a waste of money. This is one of the better deals in gaming once your factor in all of the DLC :)

Invisible projectiles aren't even the worst thing about the port, considering some characters flat out don't work the way they are intended to as pointed out already:

Just "a few moves"?

- Projectiles can turn invisible.
- Multi-hitting moves (Honda hand-slap, Chun bird kick, Gen hands, etc.) don't function properly.
- Moves that are supposed to suck the opponent in (Rufus tornado & ultra 2) don't do so properly.
- Some move animations (Decapre teleport) are bugged and inaccurate.
- FADC combos can just clip and teleport through the opponent altogether.

And that's just from a cursory glance at impressions from a handful of players. Who knows what else is broken under the surface. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that every single character has something fundamentally wrong with them.

I would hardly call the above an exaggeration.

HardRojo

The defense force for everything that goes wrong never ceases to amaze me. Sony basically lied about this port of USF4, they kept promoting it as the definitive edition and claimed input lag from the PS3 version had been fixed. Both of them lies since the game, in its current state, is a worse version than those already in the market and available in last gen consoles. People expected a game that worked just like those versions, only with better graphics given the hardware, yet somehow we got something none of us could have expected at all and people complaining have every right to do so, no matter how much they paid for it. The game has serious issues that must be fixed, the problem is how long it'll take for those fixes to come, not to mention that it's possible this port will end up not being the "definitive version" of USF4.

Edit: Also, please fix the AF or whatever is causing certain elements in the background to look blurry as hell. The training stage looks horrible.

Grimløck;165602534 said:
god forbid if there're broken fighting games on PC.

I bet this guy has no idea that the Steam version of this very game we're discussing in this thread had horrid online play that took something like a year to fix lol. And then their is MKX which I don't play, but I've heard nothing but very bad things about as well.

farisr

That "this is why I don't game on consoles anymore" post is so funny, especially in a topic regarding street fighter IV seeing as the pc version needed quite a bit of work before it became a worthy port.

GorillaJu

I totally understand the collective shrug of the shoulders when ports of single player games are flawed but they really should have held this port to a top level standard given that they want it to be the tournament version.

This is just one sign of Capcom's complete apathy to SF. Capcom Japan doesn't give two shits about this franchise anymore, and it's a damn shame. Capcom USA needs to do better with this IP.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Wow, this thread devolved rapidly. Sony/Other Ocean apologists are blowing my mind right now.

Yeah, I'm detonating this carbonated beverage kiosk.

Top Bottom