• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1 Month Later, Halo: MCC is still broken

Insaniac

Another bug I encountered is that switching from player mode to forge mode reverts your controls while flying around to default. As someone who uses southpaw thumbsticks, it makes forging annoying and tedious

Friendly reminder that Drive Club is now more-or-less fixed in two months, so 343i has another four weeks before shit really starts hitting the fan.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
If it's broken then what have I spent all my time playing for the past month?

Seriously. It has its problems with lengthy wait times in MM and the odd crash but broken implies it doesn't work and it does just not very well sometimes.

So it works some of the time? That sounds broken to me.

Such a shame. Glad I was able to return my copy.

Halo 3 and 2 matchmaking works fairly consistently for me now. Still haven't managed to get into a single big team game.

It's so so fun when it works and that makes me sad because A) I have very very little faith in 343i to ever get this working 100% as it was intended and B) the damage to the population is probably already done :-(

vesvci

Banned
I gotta say, I got a free copy of MCC from MS, I ended up trading it in because it was really broken from what I saw. It's like they have to release patch after patch (not "content updates", 343i but patches) to make it work.

Thanks, but no thanks. I'll wait for Halo 5 (even if I skip the beta), too many games to play to be waiting around twiddling my thumbs for it to be fixed.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I've been so miffed by the launch that I'm not going to be touching this game for a while. Sad to hear we're still experiencing issues.

Zakkath

A little over 2 weeks left until xmas. I hope they can fix those issues before then. I bought this to play the series with my son :/

prateeko

I've been so miffed by the launch that I'm not going to be touching this game for a while. Sad to hear we're still experiencing issues.

Same. I'm also disappointed because the impression I get is that online co-op will never be fixed.

What a complete and total failure to utilize on amazing potential. 343i and Microsoft collectively need to analyze this blunder and ensure it doesn't happen again because Sony's performance this generation has been impressive to say the least.

see5harp

Considering it went from 25% of a game to 85% of a game, I would say it should be.

The single player worked though. In any case who cares. It's like winning the reward of least sucky developer. 343 FUCKED UP.

Same. I'm also disappointed because the impression I get is that online co-op will never be fixed.

What a complete and total failure to utilize on amazing potential. 343i and Microsoft collectively need to analyze this blunder and ensure it doesn't happen again because Sony's performance this generation has been impressive to say the least.

Wait, I've played at least a couple games of online coop without issue (besides the obvious lag).

Teggy

I got a survey from MS regarding my opinion of MCC and when you click the link it just goes to a blank page. What a surprise.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Jesus Christ, what a disaster. How did Microsoft allow this to be released in such a state?

Microsoft didn't "allow" the game to be released in such a state - they forced it to be released the way it was.

This was supposed to be my glorious entry into a franchise I've wanted to play for so long, but to be honest it probably made me give up on it forever.

After a couple of days trying to get into the matchmaking, I simply decided to remove the One from its power outlet for the time being.

Fix the fucking game and give it to every XB1 owner (lol), because otherwise the population won't ever even be worth shit.

This fucking game should have been recalled.

Sephzilla

A little over 2 weeks left until xmas. I hope they can fix those issues before then. I bought this to play the series with my son :/

Christmas is absolutely the deadline for MCC if they want to have any kind of large stable online community. If people hop on XBL Christmas day and the game is still broken, the online numbers will be small and the games already weak reputation will be dad.

Fix the fucking game and give it to every XB1 owner, because otherwise the population won't ever even be worth shit.

This fucking game should have been recalled.

That would make the people who already own it feel so much better.

Hatchtag

Banned
How does one get a refund on this game? Microsoft Customer Service says the developer must be contacted, even though Frankie's said before that that's bullshit.

BokehKing

Banned
I think this speaks to more of why Microsoft is shady, they say they are about the fans, MCC is a gift for the fans (said by Uncle Phil) yet they had to know this game was not ready, yet they still pushed it out in hopes it will sell Consoles, idk, that doesn't sit right with me, that was wrong, this game needed another few months in the oven, we can all agree on that right?

Overdoziz

Banned
I feel like 95% of the people posting in this thread have not played since launch week, or have simply never played the game at all. The game is not broken. Broken means it doesn't work. Is it a bit buggy? Yes. There are still moments where the game crashes or a weird bug is encountered, but I can find games in every playlist, any time, and I consistently find even teams.

And for those who are saying the population will die, they are absolutely incorrect. If this was a shitty game like Halo 4 sure, but this is a great game when working. The population will come back. It's currently at 7th on xbox and it's at 75% of what it can be.

The game is not broken. Broken means it doesn't work. Is it a bit buggy? Yes. There are still moments where the game crashes or a weird bug is encountered, but I can find games in every playlist, any time, and I consistently find even teams.

The game is not broken. Broken means it doesn't work. Is it a bit buggy? Yes.

Is it a bit buggy? Yes.

a bit buggy

suicide.gif
suicide.gif
lsd.gif
sun.gif
sun.gif
lsd.gif
suicide.gif
suicide.gif

biteren

man this saddens me that MCC still dont work, im definatly not a XB1 person but i love Halo 2, not being able to play online killed most of my friends videogame get togethers. we keep finding ourselves going back to Reach.

i got a hardcore XB friend who this is driving them up the wall, i really do hope they get this sorted out come january.

Madness

It is what it is. The game has just taken too long to fix. Launch day, launch week, and launch month are of the utmost importance, if you don't fix issues within this time, the game doesn't really have a viable future. The only other game I can remember is Gears 2, but this has been much worse.

They're trying their best to fix it, but bad word of mouth has almost caused sales to plummet. This is a game that probably only ended up selling a fraction of what it could have. In the UK on black Friday, it was #27 of games sold, when it should have been in top 3 for such a new and highly regarded game. Can't wait for NPD numbers that probably show strong day one and first week sales, and then a straight drop.

This has severely affected the player population as well. It's not even about casual players leaving, even decade long fans are getting refunds. What happens once the Halo 5 beta is over? Low player population will affect matchmaking search times, trueskill, ranks etc. We don't have population counter to let us know what playlist to join as well.

I'll still play because I'm a Halo fan, but this has probably been the worst launch of any game in the modern online era, and was the only reason I picked up an Xbox One. I renewed Live for 12 months, got a play and charge kit, etc. The amount of money spent for one game, that has barely been playable for almost a month since launch. Last night's patch did improve things. I'll try again for some matches today.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Pretty much the reason I've chosen to not get a Bone this year, and wait until next. This was the only big title I would have been looking at getting it with, and clearly its broken and I'm not in the mood for that shit.

Once Scalebound starts to give an idea of its release date, then we'll see if this has all been fixed up -- by which time nobody will be playing MP, lol, yaayyyyyy.

I've been getting into matches fairly consistently since their latest patch.

I'm certainly not all that disappointed. They're fun games.

About a week ago, I actually purchased an Amazon Xbox One bundle but cancelled it once I realized that this game still wasn't working. Would be the only game I'm interested in playing for the console.

So yeah, this botched launch actually cost MS at least one sale of their console.

The game is better then it was, but still far from how it should be. This game defineatly taught me not to preorder everything anymore, which is kinda sad when you really think about it.

prateeko

The single player worked though. In any case who cares. It's like winning the reward of least sucky developer. 343 FUCKED UP.

Wait, I've played at least a couple games of online coop without issue (besides the obvious lag).

That's pretty much my main complaint/point

Cider X

Game is straight up broken. I bought this to play Halo 2 classic multiplayer with 3 friends. I was promised dedicated servers and original gameplay. All games are miserable, laggy p2p games. Queuing with friends is a buggy mess. Teams are unbalanced and when the game rarely manages to even out teams it's 5v5. Halo 2 team slayer was 4v4. The extra player messes up map balance big time. The game crashes, gets stuck during matchmaking and achievements are also broken or unstable. This is an Xbox flagship franchise, and the fact that they decided to launch this game in this state is a complete joke. I was denied a refund by MS support after spending hours talking to them. Screw this game.

BokehKing

Banned
If it's broken then what have I spent all my time playing for the past month?

Seriously. It has its problems with lengthy wait times in MM and the odd crash but broken implies it doesn't work and it does just not very well sometimes.
To a gamer that = broken
It's not working as intended

Funny thing is, I see people in here dumping on Halo 4 like it's the worst thing imaginable, yet it's the game that always gets voted for in MCC (wonder why that is?)

zlatko

Banned
I'm getting into a lot of matches today. They take forever to actually launch though. That's sort of every Halo---takes forever to get into games, but the bugs make this a MUCH longer and frustrating experience.

I think this could've been THE killer app this season for XB1...I bought a XB1 over a Wii U on black friday, because I had faith in 343i to fix it before Christmas. Now? Now I just pray that Halo 5 launches on the 29th with none of these issues...

Otherwise I'm going to be in the buy/sell/trade thread offloading this thing to get a Wii U and Smash. :/

Adaren

Christmas is absolutely the deadline for MCC if they want to have any kind of large stable online community. If people hop on XBL Christmas day and the game is still broken, the online numbers will be small and the games already weak reputation will be dad.

I see what you did there.

Hatchtag

Banned

I'll just post my transcript. Why not? My patience grew fairly thin since this is my second time attempting this and I was promised one the first time I did.

Regina: Sorry to keep you waiting Jacob.
Regina: Just to make sure, are you having issue playing it or downloading it?
Jacob: I have issues playing it. Everyone does. It was a broken game since launch and still is.
Regina: Alright! Sorry for taking so much of your time. I do apologized but we can't process a refund for the said game since the issue is within the game. . We apologize for any inconvenience this may have cause and thank you for your patience. This is definitely not the situation we want you to have and we certainly want to give justice to this concern and get your money’s worth with the service.
Regina: The issue is not within Microsoft Jacob. I hope you understand. It's not that we are pointing fingers but, the issue is within EA, so I suggest that you contact EA for any dispute.
Jacob: No, that's bullshit. I was promised a refund. People have gotten refunds for this game, I've seen it on the forums and websites and stuff.
Jacob: You guys published the game
Jacob: Not EA. This is Halo MCC>
Regina: Sorry. I mean 343 Industries.
Regina: My apology.
Regina: Since the game developer already take full responsibility on it and acknowledge the issue is within their end and as of now it was already fix, we can't process any refund for the game due to in game issue. If the issue is within the Microsoft server, we may endorsed and consider that but since this is an in game issue, you have to contact the game developer if you want to file a dispute.
Jacob: That's bullshit
Jacob: Frankie O'Connor said its not within his duties
Jacob: Frankie O'Connor. You might know of him. He's kinda the head of 343. [Note: I know I'm slightly wrong here but he's still a higher up there] He's said that it's on your side, and that you guys give the refunds and will be able to do so.
Regina: I believe they already provide official statement that the issue is within their end. You can see that on their website Jacob. I'm really sorry, but as much as I would love to give you a refund, we can't process any refund for this game since the issue is within the game developer.
Jacob: You promised me the refund and you published it. If you're too incompetent to give me a refund, can you forward me to chatting with someone who will?
Jacob: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=138610708&postcount=201
Jacob: That is Stinkles. Frankie O'Connor. Dude works at 343. Flat out says we're entitled to a refund.
Regina: Let me check the link since we don't have access for non-microsoft sites. One moment please.
Jacob: alright
Regina: I already check the link and it's not an official Halo website Jacob. I'm really sorry but we can't process any refund for the said game Jacob. Believe me if your request is possible I already process that on set of our chat and I won't take so much of your time. If you notice it takes time for me to get back to you because I already double check and verify everything here on my end.
Jacob: Well, that's an official Halo dev. Kinda the major one. Like, kind of a well known guy. I'm more inclined to believe him than you. Will you please redirect me to someone who can refund me the game? Because right now, you guys have essentially stolen $60 from me, and I want it back.
Regina: I do apologized but we can't transfer chats and no one can process a refund for the said game. Any in game issue, you need to contact the game developer. I'm really sorry Jacob but we can't process any refund for this game. If the game developer mention that you can get a refund, then they should be the one to contact us or file a dispute. Because we have an agreement that for any in game issues, it is under the game developer.
Jacob: I didn't buy it straight from the developer. I bought it from Microsoft. Can I chat with someone who can give me a refund? Because I was promised one last time I chatted with a customer service rep from you guys, and I want it. You guys published and profited from a broken game. I want my refund for it, because right now, what you guys are essentially doing is stealing and it's scummy and it makes me not want to buy or support your scummy company.
Regina: I understand where you are coming from Jacob. Actually we already send a report and feedback on that agent for promising you a refund even if it is out of our policy and that agent is already for investigation here on our end. Yes it was purchased to us and under the terms of use that you accept all purchases are valid and non-refundable. You were able to download the game, so it means that we were able to provide and give you the license of the game. Since the issue is playing it which is an in game problem, it is now under the game developer Jacob.
Jacob: Well, you still published the fucking thing. You knew the game didn't work when you published it. And if one of your agents promised it, I don't care if it was a fuck up on his part. He's still your agent, he promised your customer a refund, you give the customer a refund.
Regina: I'm really sorry Jacob but we can't process any refund for the said game. I believe I already explain to you our rules and policy for refund. Do you have other XBOX related issues that I can help you with?
Jacob: Yeah, can you connect me to someone who gives a shit about their customers?
Regina: I do apologized but we don't have access to transfer chats Jacob.
Jacob: what exactly are you guys employed to do, aside from rip off people?
Regina: I believe I already explain to you our rules and policy for refund. Do you have other XBOX related issues that I can help you with?
Jacob: you happen to know how much a PS4 runs?
Regina: Do you have other XBOX related issues that I can help you with?
Jacob: yeah, i was hoping to get some help regarding setting up a pyramid scheme
Regina: Please note, our goal at Microsoft support is to help our customers get back to their entertainment experience quickly. If you have a support question I’d really like to help you. If not, I will close this chat session.

tl;dr:
-Promised a refund by a previous agent, he had said that there was an issue with the system but that I could get one once they fixed it
-Contacted support again
-Blamed 343, said I need to ask them for a refund
-After showing the NeoGAF post from Frankie, still no refund
-Said even though the previous agent promised one, still no refund
-Doesn't know how much a PS4 runs

I edited it out for length, but they also claimed phone support follows the same guidelines and wouldn't be able to give me a refund.

I'll just post my transcript. Why not? My patience grew fairly thin since this is my second time attempting this and I was promised one the first time I did.

tl;dr:
-Promised a refund by a previous agent, he had said that there was an issue with the system but that I could get one once they fixed it
-Contacted support again

I edited it out for length, but they also claimed phone support follows the same guidelines and wouldn't be able to give me a refund.

Gee, I wonder why you were denied a refund... That transcript is just plain embarrassing for you.

yeah it's not like both people from microsoft support and 343 promised ones or anything.
If you're ripped off, you have a right to be pissed off at them.

Right, because getting pissed off and abusing the rep obviously got you what you wanted, didn't it?

Bsigg12

tl;dr:
-Contacted support again

It reads like a lesson on how to be an asshole to CS agents.

Got a refund on mine via telephone. MS Resisted quite a bit, but a sup eventually gave in. Brought my Xbox for this, thankfully sunset and Fantasia made it less of a wash. Titanfall sale boosted up the player base thankfully so there's that.

Top Bottom