• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

11 minutes of The Order 1886 gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

Spoilers of course.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2lEgFQbTiw

Order10.gif

sn00zer

Damn....really sucks that they made it a big point during marketing to keep the game under wraps....there is going to be a ton of leaks in the near future

I don't want to watch it but someone tell me it looks fun.

It's just dialogue/cutscene and some tutorial stuff. No combat. It's near the very beginning of the game it seems.

It looks very good, and as far as fun goes it's as much as walking around examining things and shooting a target for tutorial purposes can be.

Was going to lapse on my media blackout and watch it... But he talks over everything including the cutscenes. Thank you, commentator, for forcing me to close the video. I'll enjoy it when I buy it.

Kuro

thanks for the info people. I'm still waiting to see if best buy will honor the pricing error for the CE.

prwxv3

Cant wait for snide remarks about gameplay. most games start out like this. And yes it is gameplay unless you think parts of games where you only explore is not gameplay either.

Skux

Looks to be close to the start of the game, after being briefed about the rebels (as seen in the trailer).

Sounds pretty cool in Italian too!

GHG

Gold Member
I wish they wouldn't, these slow tutorials to teach me how to shoot a gun or play a mini game are always the worst part about starting a new game for me.

How would you propose games should start then?

We don't get paper manuals anymore so there is no other legitimate way to start games anymore really (unfortunately).

Korezo

Is this game like Ryse or what? I don't understand it. Everything I've seen is so quick and then progresses. Are you ever in a environment where you can at least explore with your gun out?

Pennywise

Is this game like Ryse or what? I don't understand it. Everything I've seen is so quick and then progresses. Are you ever in a environment where you can at least explore with your gun out?

It's just a part from the beginning, nothing more or less.

Watch other gameplay videos to get a better picture...

-MD-

How would you propose games should start then?

We don't get paper manuals anymore so there is no other legitimate way to start games anymore really (unfortunately).

Well they blend in dialogue and story bits now into these tutorials so even if they made them optional to skip you'd miss out on some story.

Just sayin, I'd skip it if I could.

Afrikan

they just showed the commercial for the game during a Glory KickBoxing event on SPIKE TV.

I've been on media blackout for a while now, but I couldn't look away...lol... but it was not bad, I don't think anything was spoiler worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom