• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

11 minutes of The Order 1886 gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironcreed

Banned
Do we have an approximate length for Bloodborne? I presume it'll be hundreds of hours if Dark Souls is anything to go by.

Well, FROM has said that it is longer than Demon's Souls, so there you go. Of course we all knew that it would be a time sink anyway and I can't wait. I just need to get some time in with some other games before it releases.

nah, i think people who really want to discuss it will go wherever is active, right now its this thread on the front page and thats alright.

seeing |OT2| a few days after release can be intimidating, its like you missed the train.

To me it would make more sense to have an OT up now. It's not like we're still discussing the 11 minute footage. The thread has turned into a general discussion.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
So uh, hey... Am I almost done? I read in the last thread that the game was just 13 chapters.

Alienous

So where are we at for realistic completion times at this point.

6 hours for playing it like a video game, and not like a museum exhibit. Verifiable with YouTube footage.

bat-credit-card.gif

iNvid02

To me it would make more sense to have an OT up now. It's not like we're still discussing the 11 minute footage. The thread has turned into a general discussion.

maybe the mods consider this punishment - "you get 1 official discussion thread, use it wisely."

fake edit:
lol
sGhuh3q.jpg

So where are we at for realistic completion times at this point.

i heard the prologue is longer than wow and all its expansions

ironcreed

Banned
6 hours for playing it like a video game, and not like a museum exhibit. Verifiable with YouTube footage.

bat-credit-card.gif

There is a 6 hour play through confirmed? How in the hell are others wandering around for an extra 4-6 hours in their reported completion times? It's not exactly an open world game.

tumblr_m2lbnu2D7u1qhqb9q.gif

Talk about wildly different estimates.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
18 chapters

16 + prologue.

Who to believe. Lol

I can't believe that last thread turned into such a useless mess.

There was a person asking if it had the same cutscene to gameplay ratio as Max Payne 3. Hoo, boy it does. The only difference is what's here is superbly acted. So I didn't mind.

It's a story. That's why I think they restrict you from randomly booting up chapters. This is one of those games that get better with each play through. Kind of how you could just blast through Vanquish cause the core combat was so satisfying. It made for a short game with lots of room for improvisation. Of course the presence of an entertaining story and atmosphere here helps a lot with replays where Vanquish fell short.

Again, this game is a high polish museum piece, a testament to the artistry of our hobby.

viveks86

There is a 6 hour play through confirmed? How in the hell are others wandering around for an extra 4-6 hours in their reported completion times? It's not exactly an open world game.

tumblr_m2lbnu2D7u1qhqb9q.gif

Talk about wildly different estimates.

Don't bother... if we are going to continue the same discussion here as the last thread, this will get locked too

Kind of how you could just blast through Vanquish cause the core combat was so satisfying. It made for a short game with lots of room for improvisation. Of course the presence of an entertaining story and atmosphere here helps a lot with replays where Vanquish fell short.

This is a good point. Vanquish is a 6-7 hour game on a normal play through and can be beat in 3 hours if you're rushing or take over 10 if you take your time. I think Vanquish might be the best comparison for the games length.

ironcreed

Banned
Don't bother... if we are going to continue the same discussion here as the last thread, this will get locked too

I hear you. It's just getting confusing is all, lol. No matter, I still think I will enjoy it for what it is and actually want something a bit shorter for a change.

BiGBoSSMk23

5 1/2 hour playthrough on youtube. He doesn't do much collecting though.

https://www.youtube.com/user/playmethrough/videos

I think the important distinction to make here, ladies and gents, is whether it is forced lengthening of the run time versus the player choosing to march right through the game.

Some areas force you to stay and perform a task, investigate, walk, fight for a predetermined amount of time, while some others leave it up to you to explore and collect info. Now this strictly up to the player whether they stay around or just rush through to the next set piece/encounter/cutscene, and that's why you can't say that this game is X length for a fact. Unless you intentionally play it as a race, where only the forced lengthening counts.

Alienous

I think the important distinction to make here, ladies and gents, is whether it is forced lengthening of the run time versus the player choosing to march right through the game.

Some areas force you to stay and perform a task, investigate, walk, fight for a predetermined amount of time, while some others leave it up to you to explore and collect info. Now this strictly up to the player whether they stay around or just rush through to the next set piece/encounter/cutscene, and that's why you can't say that this game is X length for a fact. Unless you intentionally play it as a race, where only the forced lengthening counts.

I think it's absolutely fair to say that an early walkthrough of the game would have reason to be completed faster than the average gamer, to get the video up quickly. That said, and looking at the footage, it is far from a speed-run. The player dies, doesn't know where to go at points, etc.

So to say "The Order: 1886 is a 5 hour game is unfair". But that said I'm not sure where the 6 hour disparity is coming from, with regards to it being a 12 hour experience.

Dawg

If they lock this thread, people would be forced to either a) move to the spoiler thread b) drop talking about the game entirely.

That's kinda shitty. Multiple people already have the game and others just want their questions to be answered without having to resort to a spoiler thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom