• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

11 minutes of The Order 1886 gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

Order10.gif
So much detail.

I'm kinda getting Heavy Rain/Beyond vibes from this game, in terms of how it's more of a graphical showcase for the PS4, as those were for the PS3, than an actual game that looks fun to play. From what I've seen I feel it's going to be a looker but fall flat in the game play department, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I can see it disappointing some people.

Whose to say though, I just know personally this game just doesn't do anything for me, I've been trying to see what everyone finds so great about what they've released but it all just looks boring. Hopefully the stories interesting enough to keep people interested, if I had a PS4 I'd rent this to check it out for curiosity sake alone.

sn00zer

the age we live in, where walking and exploring is "walking simulator" but as soon as the character brandishes a weapon and hits something with it then it becomes "gameplay".

So dumb (what you are talking about, because people absolutely believe that)..... walking around sections are great for pacing....and hell its so much better to establish a place so you actually give a shit when explosions start going off in it

Toxi

Banned
the age we live in, where walking and exploring is "walking simulator" but as soon as the character brandishes a weapon and hits something with it then it becomes "gameplay".
Exploring? It was two simple rooms.

I think walking is fine, but there wasn't any exploration in that video.

Naudi

Banned
Take your favorite game of all time then go walk around 1 room for 11 minutes so we can also say how boring it is.. Lol. can't wait to play it.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
dem graphics @_@

almost makes me want to buy it, but i know a game like tihs will be 39.99 in a week after release.
Yea, think im gonna hold off for awhile despite my extreme compulsion to buy it for the setting and for the outstanding achievement in video game animation.

dem graphics @_@

almost makes me want to buy it, but i know a game like tihs will be 39.99 in a week after release.

What do you have to back up this assertion? Don't think there's been any first party game that went from $59.99 to $39.99 in a week, or even a month.

Then again, I'm getting the game $44.99 on release.
Courtesy of Gamestop Powerup Rewards $25 coupon. Edit: I'm buying Call of Duty 4 to finally replace the one a friend's 360 chewed to hell.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
A new contender for "best reloading animation" threads.

It's just part of the cutscene though... it remains to be seen if that's the reload animation in game. If it is, it's a bold choice to pan the camera downward to the weapon. Not something typically done in shooters.

What I'm saying is, there's no way that's the in-game reload animation. I mean, it might be, but you certainly won't see it that clearly, from that angle.

edit: i guess you didn't specify "in gameplay" so I shouldn't even be arguing with you. Yes, it's clearly the best reload animation I've seen, even if it's a cutscene.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
What do you have to back up this assertion? Don't think there's been any first party game that went from $59.99 to $39.99 in a week, or even a month.

Then again, I'm getting the game $44.99 on release.
Courtesy of Gamestop Powerup Rewards $25 coupon
Wait $45 with a $25 discount?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I'm kinda getting Heavy Rain/Beyond vibes from this game, in terms of how it's more of a graphical showcase for the PS4, as those were for the PS3, than an actual game that looks fun to play. From what I've seen I feel it's going to be a looker but fall flat in the game play department, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I can see it disappointing some people.

Whose to say though, I just know personally this game just doesn't do anything for me, I've been trying to see what everyone finds so great about what they've released but it all just looks boring. Hopefully the stories interesting enough to keep people interested, if I had a PS4 I'd rent this to check it out for curiosity sake alone.

There is nothing about this games gameplay videos that remind of Heavy Rain or Beyond in any shape or form.

I really hope this game knocks it out of the park in the fun factor so that all of these ludicrous overblown "Triangle Button Simulator" comments come off as nonsense.

As for why people are excited, really doesn't take that long to see if one actually cares to know.

prwxv3

There is nothing about this games gameplay videos that remind of Heavy Rain or Beyond in any shape or form.

I really hope this game knocks it out of the park in the fun factor so that all of these ludicrous overblown "Triangle Button Simulator" comments come off as nonsense.

As for why people are excited, really doesn't take that long to see if one actually cares to know.

I am starting to think people making the heavy rain comments have never actually played that game. One is a cinematic third person shooter the other is a choose your own adventure game.

Do people remember TLOU? Another "linear third person shooter with great production values?"

Don't really recall that game getting docked because it wasn't really doing anything new, but maybe Naughty Dog has proven themselves so they get a free pass.

Ah well, just hope The Order lives up to its potential as a great third person shooter with superb production values. Haven't played a good one of those in a while actually.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Do people remember TLOU? Another "linear third person shooter with great production values?"

Don't really recall that game getting docked because it wasn't really doing anything new, but maybe Naughty Dog has proven themselves so they get a free pass.

Ah well, just hope The Order lives up to its potential as a great third person shooter with superb production values. Haven't played a good one of those in a while actually.

Meh. From Day 1 people have wanted to hate on this game. Whether it was the choice of 24P or the developer having the "gall" to not release 50% of information/gameplay about the game.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Jesus... the graphics are fucking tops. My god.

This is definitely what I expected from a generational leap. RaD deserves a round of applause for the tech behind this game.

dat reload scene tho.

Fuck. Me.

On the PlayStation BlogCast, they did an interview with someone from RAD. They said that there was some serious talent doing the characters in the game that will stun us when we find out who they are (paraphrasing here). They said something along the lines of everybody will rush to IMDB. Right now there are only two people listed on IMDB for the game, neither seem like characters we've been introduced to (and are not major actors). Now I'm really intrigued to find out what level of talent he is referring to.

Good lord, it looks so damn amazing. The consistency in the visuals is what really does it. I'm not seeing anything that looks out of place. And all the different materials...cloth, metal, etc; I don't think I've seen these things look this real in any game before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom