• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

11 minutes of The Order 1886 gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

despire

From what I've seen so far, AI is pretty bad. I mean, they just come out of cover and have you blast them into pieces.

We don't know what difficulty people are playing on. Most of the press are most likely playing on easy which might mean braindead enemies if they scale by difficulty level.

nib95

Banned
Random Gallahad video capture from one of the press trailers/demo's. The attention to detail, even on the door hinge and wooden panels behind him, is impressive.

the_order_1886_1-1.jpg~original

PS4daily.com has some new impressions from retail build. looks like they're loving it and are more than half way done with the game.

PS4Daily had the chance to play the retail version of The Order 1886, and we came away quite impressed. We’ve seen a lot from The Order 1886 over the past few weeks as Sony ramped-up their marketing campaign, and overall, the game lives up to the hype.

We didn’t have time to try out all the game has to offer, but we did finish a good chunk of the singleplayer campaign. And overall, The Order 1886 definitely lives up to our expectations. There’s a great possibility of The Order becoming a viable franchise for Sony and the PS4 in the future.

http://ps4daily.com/2015/02/the-order-1886-first-impressions/

benzy

Random Gallahad video capture from one of the press trailers/demo's. The attention to detail, even on the door hinge and wooden panels behind him, is impressive.

The clarity in that shot is a stark contrast to this screen batch people are hating on because the characters are blurred from the slight motion blur and dof. The film grain in that grab looks phenomenal too (much better than in Evil Within), adds quite a bit of film flair to the visuals.

Keeping up with RAD's press tour is kinda surreal. I feel like I haven't seen this kind of approach towards previewing a game in a long, long time.

We don't know what difficulty people are playing on. Most of the press are most likely playing on easy which might mean braindead enemies if they scale by difficulty level.

People streaming it were playing on Hard, and foes were as dull as a brick. I sure hope they can adjust the difficulty balance.

Ricky_R

If I had to pick just one thing that stands out to me visually, it would be how the light bounces off from all the different materials.

It makes everything look great.

Ricky_R

Grimløck;151580240 said:
that is the one thing that stuck me as i glimpsed at some of the videos.

Yeah, it's something that has captivated me since they started to release new media. The reveal trailer didn't show it as well.

watchdog

If I had to pick just one thing that stands out to me visually, it would be how the light bounces off from all the different materials.

It makes everything look great.

I completely agree with you here. I think the metallic surfaces look pretty fantastic.

VinFTW

Sony should buy RAD with the SOE money ASAP!!!

I hate this line of thinking. Why? This is an up and coming studio, you'd be depriving millions of other games of a potential great future studio (outside of the Order IP, which is Sonys).

It'd be like if MS bought Respawn, PS4 owners wouldn't be getting the inevitably much better TF2.

nib95

Banned
Well, this is obviously a cut-scene, but they are indeed real time and looks the same as in-game.

There is no difference at all in this game between cut scene and gameplay. Everything is the same. Hell, if you get shot just before a cut scene transition starts, the blood and injury will stay in the cut scene.

Alienous

If someone had told me ten years ago, heck, five years ago, that games would look like this I would have spat in their face.

It is visually remarkable.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

The asset consistency in this game is remarkable. There is a mental sense of perfection that is created because there's nothing that stands out as being imperfect. Obviously I know the game can improve in some areas but this game goes a long way in showing that consistency in asset quality can really do wonders.

nib95

Banned
Seems a little too on the nose honestly.

Agreed, I prefer it without. Keeps it short and sweet. Also, Knights are referred to as Sirs, in that sense Sir Knight doesn't really make sense. A person who has been given Knighthood would simply be referred to as Sir [insert name here].

RexNovis

Banned
Seems a little too on the nose honestly.

To each their own I suppose.

Agreed, I prefer it without. Keeps it short and sweet. Also, Knights are referred to as Sirs, in that sense Sir Knight doesn't really make sense. A person who has been given Knighthood would simply be referred to as Sir [insert name here].

Mr Grey Beard calls Galahad Sir Knight in the trailer from the thread I posted it in.

You dance on the very edge of insubordination Sir Knight

Also came up with

The Order 1886 |OT| A Barred Tale

but it's not quite as good imo. Either way I'm excited for the OT

kpaadet

I think that's part of the joke, but i agree that it's better without.

Skux

You can even see the slight curve of the lines on the right. That barrel simulation.

the IQ is above and beyond anything i´ve seen on console. Btw. a year ago i read that RAD is using 4XAA for the order...how are they able to do that, with all the high detailed characters and objects, remains a mystery to me. I mean...what kind of sorcery is this?!

the IQ is above and beyond anything i´ve seen on console. Btw. a year ago i read that RAD is using 4XAA for the order...how are they able to do that, with all the high detailed characters and objects, remains a mystery to me. I mean...what kind of sorcery is this?!

Really?
It seems like from that screenshot of his face above that its a bit blury or not as sharp.
Almost as if the game could do with some downsampling like with PC

Sorcery... I really hate that people compare realistic technical results to sorcery.

4XMSAA is 100% viable in forward rendering engines: the Order 1886 uses a forward renderend engine.

newsguy

Sorcery... I really hate that people compare realistic technical results to sorcery.

4XMSAA is 100% viable in forward rendering engines: the Order 1886 uses a forward renderend engine.

I'm not sure he actually believes that sorcery was used to achieve these results.

maybe this game will nudge ever so slightly the fixation on resolution and frame-rate as the only path towards greater realism.

No game is convincing the way a DVD playing at 480p is convincing, but some people think going to 4K or doubling or quadrupling the frame rate is all that matters.

I think DriveClub and The Order shows that material based shaders / realistic lighting can be more impressive and I'd rather spend gpu budget on that, than have glossy plastic visuals at higher res and higher frame rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom