• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosteey

Neo Member
Gundam Age 10
gundam_age__desil_angry_by_tristtrist-d4iur5x.gif

Get your Karuta out of my Gundam.

survivor

Banned
Eden of the East 1-11

Talk about an underwhelming ending.
The missiles shit was really cool, but come the fuck on. What's with the cheap ending? Do they really need to sell movie tickets that badly?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Eden of the East 1-11

The missiles shit was really cool, but come the fuck on. What's with the cheap ending? Do they really need to sell movie tickets that badly?

Then again, thematically speaking, the movies only cover the same themes of identity and purpose found in the series. If you're okay with thematic closure, the series gives it to you in spades.

Eden of the East 1-11

I liked the missles too but they should have told us how much it cost. I wish it had been more fulfilling of an ending than just handing the girl his phone and thats it, movies still on my watch list

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Because of Geneijin, I think Fate Zero 11 would have been better with SoSo instead of Alexander. AMORE!

That said, this talky episode was just so much more interesting than the first one and it really only took place in two locations.

Cwarrior

Pluto > usagi and her jobbers >>>>>outer bitches>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>that pink thing

Pluto's on top for being smart enough not to hang around those retards.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ARENA 01: Kuchiki Byakuya Kyon
ARENA 02: Uchiha Itachi Kinoshita Hideyoshi
ARENA 03: Edward Elric Ayasaki Hayate
ARENA 04: Death the Kid Hibari Kyoya
ARENA 05: Gray Fullbuster Abstained Okazaki Tomoya
ARENA 06: Kurosaki Ichigo Araragi Koyomi
ARENA 07: Katsuragi Keima Heiwajima Shizuo
ARENA 08: Uzumaki Naruto Archer
ARENA 09: Koizumi Itsuki Sakata Gintoki
ARENA 10: Okita Sogo Hatake Kakashi
ARENA 11: Orihara Izaya Hei
ARENA 12: Alphonse Elric Sebastian Michaelis
ARENA 13: Otonashi Yuzuru Usui Takumi
ARENA 14: Roy Mustang L Lawliet
ARENA 15: Accelerator Monkey D. Luffy
ARENA 16: Oz Vessalius Lelouch Lamperouge
ARENA 17: Ochibana Ame Abstained Amano Toko
ARENA 18: Reinhard von Lohengramm Yang Wenli

ARENA 18 would only be fair if it was Reinhard + Kircheis vs Yang Wenli.

Haly

Do you remember when everyone cheered when Chibiusa was going to go back to her home?

And then she DIDN'T?

And EVERYONE GROANED?

Yeah.

Ben-to 10

Those last few minutes were INCREDIBLE. This is the first time I thought this was a good fighting show. Excellent choreography coupled with some very competent direction. The twins make great villains and would probably work as a good stopping point.

Level E 1

Hey, this is pretty sweet. The alien is a great character and his interplay with Yukitaka is hilarious. There's a fair amount of CG, but for some reason it doesn't bother me; for the most part they make it work with the overall art style. The OP is probably the most stylish one of the year. I foresee good times ahead!

mAcOdIn

Too late, and then she's mostly absent through the last season too. It's sad. :( (Saturn's one of the best characters, I agree.)
Hold up! Not that I want to spoil someone agreeing with me for no reason but I just said she looked bad ass, I didn't, nor could I having never seen a scene with her, call her one of the best characters.

Well she was way to powerful to realistically have show up regularly.

Bah, they could have found a way. She didn't always transform into sailor form in that season where she did show up regularly, for example, but then just ... didn't appear at all, for dozens of episodes. The same is true for Pluto, but Pluto has the excuse of theoretically being supposed to guard that time door or something.

mAcOdIn said:
Hold up! Not that I want to spoil someone agreeing with me for no reason but I just said she looked bad ass, I didn't, nor could I having never seen a scene with her, call her one of the best characters.
But I did watch most of the show.

As for character ranking, if I recall, my top three was Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars.

She kinda just destroys worlds by swinging her weapon.

She can, but she can fight without doing that,
she never destroys a world in the anime for instance...
And also there are some enemies strong enough to counter her, because of course only the MC can be allowed to stop the final bosses.

Infinite Stratos

france.jpg

If only this were the case. :|

I think we would all agree with that.

But hey, dominating the field of public opinion counts for something, right? :)

mAcOdIn

She kinda just destroys worlds by swinging her weapon.
Nice.
Depower her.

PROBLEM.

SOLVED.
Here's a guy using his brain!
They did....

And it didn't make for a very interesting character....
Oh. Well sounds like they just did a poor job is all!
But I did watch most of the show.

As for character ranking, if I recall, my top three was Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars.
It doesn't matter if you have seen the show, I essentially have not, also I made no statement as to her worth as a character, therefore you can't agree with me! You can't agree with a sentiment I've never expressed.

Also, Infinite Stratos is weird because Charles is the best girl and should win but in the case of Infinite Stratos "winning" means you end up with Ichika which is more akin to losing, so we want Charles to lose? I'm so conflicted.

Haly

Haki herp derp.

No one in one piece ever had the idea of lugging around a bucket of seawater.

Uchip

Banned
Haki herp derp.

No one in one piece ever had the idea of lugging around a bucket of seawater.

people get splashed with seawater all the time and keep going...
blackbeard is the only counter other than the 1 or 2 haki masters
and then you get people that have both.... either way you're arguing for my point because they had ways to nullify overpoweredness

Haly

I'm not arguing for anything, I'm saying One Piece is unbalanced.
Shhhhhhhhhhh, the One Piece guys will come in and argue the difference between still water and moving water.
Shounengaf vs moegaf, fight of the century.

wonzo

Banned
Tamayura ~hitotose~ 10

show needs more momoneko

*whistles*
Level E 1

Hey, this is pretty sweet. The alien is a great character and his interplay with Yukitaka is hilarious. There's a fair amount of CG, but for some reason it doesn't bother me; for the most part they make it work with the overall art style. The OP is probably the most stylish one of the year. I foresee good times ahead!

get ready for some pro tier trolling

Also, Infinite Stratos is weird because Charles is the best girl and should win but in the case of Infinite Stratos "winning" means you end up with Ichika which is more akin to losing, so we want Charles to lose? I'm so conflicted.

In Infinite Stratos the only winning move is not to play.

zeroshiki

The moment I saw Vegeta blow up Mars with 2 fingers (not in the manga, I know) I gave up on shounen having any form of realistic power levels.

Haly

I've done this "One piece is horribly unbalanced tripe" "No it isn't" thing for years in MangaGAF now. I have no intention of elaborating on stuff I've complained about a million times before.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mirai Nikki 10: I don't know what the fuck is going on anymore. Pretty dull episode all around. Too much set-up and not enough action. This show is at its worst when trying to be slice-of-lifey.

Uchip

Banned
I've done this "One piece is horribly unbalanced tripe" "No it isn't" thing for years in MangaGAF now. I have no intention of elaborating on stuff I've complained about a million times before.

then surely you would have a concise explanation by now?
the fact that the abilities are so random and diverse is enough to counter that claim completely
predicting what someone is going to do in one piece is near impossible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom