• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

I'm the only member of Team Pluto? Pluto is maybe not a planet anymore but still the best Sailor Warrior.

gmCEW.jpg

It's hard to be bothered by characters who are barely in the show.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Jexhius' Daily Routine:

1) Wake up at 6:00 AM
2) Get a cup of coffee
3) Reply to last unread post.
4) Wait for someone to post so he doesn't double post
5) Repeat until all posts have been replied to
6) Head to work
To be fair, gold is a conductor while rubber is an insulator.
Blood is a conductor as well.

So are nerve networks.

Jex

Chiahyafuru says otherwise.

Nah, it has a pretty average OP, nothing special about it really.
You forgot to mention the most critical thing: Much like several of those shows you mentioned, Mardock Scramble isn't very good and has worse pacing. And those fun shows from the 80's and early 90's didn't dwell on a girl's feelings for 40 minutes.

The style and the influences aren't the problem (in fact, they are its only strengths), it's the execution.

I wouldn't say that all those shows had great pacing, or that Mardock Scramble has terrible pacing. It's bad in many other ways, but I can't say that really bothered me.
Eden of the East 1-11

Talk about an underwhelming ending.
The missiles shit was really cool, but come the fuck on. What's with the cheap ending? Do they really need to sell movie tickets that badly?

Nah, just wait till you see the movies! Then it gets really disappointing and you'll be begging for the TV ending.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Jexhius' Daily Routine:

1) Wake up at 6:00 AM
2) Get a cup of coffee
3) Reply to last unread post.
4) Wait for someone to post so he doesn't double post
5) Repeat until all posts have been replied to
6) Head to work
There's no time in there for actually watching anime.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I can't believe you guys are taking this seriously.

I give up.

\( *^*)/

Jex

Watching anime and discussing anime are two very different kinds of activities. Sometimes I might be doing one more than the other, but I try make sure I watch a show every now and then. This season hasn't really given me many shows to watch though and it's doesn't look like next season is going to be much better.

Watching anime and discussing anime are two very different kinds of activities. Sometimes I might be doing one more than the other, but I try make sure I watch a show every now and then. This season hasn't really given me many shows to watch though and it's doesn't look like next season is going to be much better.
So you've run out of good shows of the past to watch? That's unfortunate. How long do you think it'll be before you give up watching anime altogether?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was wondering whether One Piece had an OT or not. Has it been lost to the ages?

It gets bumped every week when the new episode airs. Sometimes it gets a lot of discussion, but it usually dies after a few posts unless something big happens. I think the peak was the end of the war arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom