• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

You'd have to be outside your mind to start a team from scratch with an all time great PG over an all time great big man. NBA history is not on your side.
Particularly when you look at why BigO pulled off numbers like that. I wouldn't take anyone from the 70s except Wilt for any all time team. Duncan is way more valuable than BigO. PEACE.

There are some adjustments and some signs of things that could work going forward. Particularly going back to the traditional Lineup of Rio, Wade, Bron, Haslem and Bosh or go pg-less with Allen or Bats instead of Rio.

Nothing says history making comeback from down 3-1 like Chalmers, Battier, and Haslem. Those are the names that came to my mind as well.

It has never happened until it happens.

See Yankees vs Redsox (3-0)

In my experience, whenever people talk like this they are striving to convince themselves rather than the person they are talking to.

Darkman M

ESPN and Heatgaf love their Lebron stats when he does good, but don't say shit when he does bad.

How bout deez stats:
Bp-zsk4CcAAND8D.jpg

Crazy seeing Magic up there with all those giants.

That's the one thing I dislike about Bron's game. He rarely breaks the offense to keep his team in games. Jordan or Kobe would have shot 35 times in a game like this...

I guess I understand when people say that leBron is too self-conscious. He needs to learn when to be the man, and when to be a team player.

Seriously though, the only one stopping him from rampaging all over the playoffs is himself. I think he's that good. Not to say Spurs isn't fantastic but Bron COULD make a whole lot of difference.

There are some adjustments and some signs of things that could work going forward. Particularly going back to the traditional Lineup of Rio, Wade, Bron, Haslem and Bosh or go pg-less with Allen or Bats instead of Rio.

Pop is the best coach remaining in basketball. Back to Back 20+ point blowouts in Miami. He is tightening the vise grip on the Heat, man.

Kawaii isn't even in his final form...it would take a miracle from the basketball Gods for that to happen.

Yet, with that said, Heat in 6.

snicker

IDK man SOME people people don't seem like they care much for history. Oscar is definitely going before Duncan sorry. At any rate you are talking to a HUGE Duncan fan so...... I'm not offended.

Robertson is regarded as one of the greatest players in NBA history, a triple threat who could score inside, outside and also was a stellar playmaker. His rookie scoring average of 30.5 points per game is the third highest of any rookie in NBA history, and Robertson averaged more than 30 points per game in six of his first seven seasons.[1] Only two other players in the NBA have had more 30+ point per game seasons in their career. Robertson was the first player to average more than 10 assists per game, doing so at a time when the criteria for assists were more stringent than today.[3] Furthermore, Robertson is the only guard in NBA history to ever average more than 10 rebounds per game, doing so three times. In addition to his 1964 regular season MVP award, Robertson won three All-Star Game MVPs in his career (in 1961, 1964, and 1969). He ended his career with 26,710 points (25.7 per game, ninth-highest all time), 9,887 assists (9.5 per game) and 7,804 rebounds (7.5 per game).[1] He led the league in assists six times, and at the time of his retirement, he was the NBA's all-time leader in career assists and free throws made, and was the second all-time leading scorer behind Wilt Chamberlain.[3]

Robertson also set yardsticks in versatility. If his first five NBA seasons are strung together, Robertson averaged a triple-double over those, averaging 30.3 points, 10.4 rebounds and 10.6 assists.[22] For his career, Robertson had 181 triple-doubles, a record that has never been approached.
Adjust for pace.

charsace

Duncan is the Spur's system. When he was young he was their defense. In his prime he could guard the perimeter on switches, lockdown the paint, and he destroyed any sort of pick and roll game. He was KG except he was an elite man to man post defender who could go up against Shaq and hold his ground. The offense also ran through him on the blocks.

As Duncan got older the Spurs defense revolves around keeping him in the paint because he can still lock it down and to guard good post players(which the league lacks so he doesn't have to do much of it).

It took over a decade before Duncan had guards good enough to take the offensive load off him. He won a title with Jax as his second best scorer.

Some of you are really underrating Duncan's impact. And all because he was team first instead of being a guy that looked for his own shot as much as possible.

Vestal

Gold Member
Nothing says history making comeback from down 3-1 like Chalmers, Battier, and Haslem. Those are the names that came to my mind as well.

In my experience, whenever people talk like this they are striving to convince themselves rather than the person they are talking to.

What am I supposed to say? Its over? We are done?

Fuck that. As former player and a competitor its never over until the fat lady sings. Last year it was over down 5 with 25 seconds remaining.

Never OVER.

Kobe has those same accolades with MUCH better stats while beating Duncan's brains in several times in the playoffs.

Duncan hasn't even won his 5th yet lol. Not sure why folks are talking up his legacy already as shitty as he's been this series...

do these stats include Most Missed shots in NBA history??? And Kobe doesn't have a second MVP. Hell even the first one was a pity "people think you're great so here you go" type of MVP.

What am I supposed to say? Its over? We are done?

Fuck that. As former player and a competitor its never over until the fat lady sings. Last year it was over down 5 with 25 seconds remaining.

Never OVER.

I agree it's not over at all but I'm also realistic and grounded. I know the chances.

Kobe has those same accolades with MUCH better stats while beating Duncan's brains in several times in the playoffs.

Duncan hasn't even won his 5th yet lol. Not sure why folks are talking up his legacy already as shitty as he's been this series...

Kobe does not have 2x MVP, Konex-chu.

Please realize I do take into account different eras and how they might play out in similar eras.

Jordan
Robertson
Russell
Shaq
Bird
Jabbar
Johnson
Chamberlin
Bryant
Timmy!
Hakeem
James (dude is young still sorry I'm not a hater)
Erving
Both Malones
Barkley
Pippen
Robinson

Okay okay he makes number ten. Don't get all high and mighty now I needed to make a fucking list I haven't done it in a while.

Players 8-12 are basically whatever the hell.

Robertson is regarded as one of the greatest players in NBA history, a triple threat who could score inside, outside and also was a stellar playmaker. His rookie scoring average of 30.5 points per game is the third highest of any rookie in NBA history, and Robertson averaged more than 30 points per game in six of his first seven seasons.[1] Only two other players in the NBA have had more 30+ point per game seasons in their career. Robertson was the first player to average more than 10 assists per game, doing so at a time when the criteria for assists were more stringent than today.[3] Furthermore, Robertson is the only guard in NBA history to ever average more than 10 rebounds per game, doing so three times. In addition to his 1964 regular season MVP award, Robertson won three All-Star Game MVPs in his career (in 1961, 1964, and 1969). He ended his career with 26,710 points (25.7 per game, ninth-highest all time), 9,887 assists (9.5 per game) and 7,804 rebounds (7.5 per game).[1] He led the league in assists six times, and at the time of his retirement, he was the NBA's all-time leader in career assists and free throws made, and was the second all-time leading scorer behind Wilt Chamberlain.[3]

Robertson also set yardsticks in versatility. If his first five NBA seasons are strung together, Robertson averaged a triple-double over those, averaging 30.3 points, 10.4 rebounds and 10.6 assists.[22] For his career, Robertson had 181 triple-doubles, a record that has never been approached.

Great Copy&Paste job right there to make your point.

Please realize I do take into account different eras and how they might play out in similar eras.

Jordan
Robertson
Russell
Shaq
Bird
Jabbar
Johnson
Chamberlin
Bryant
Timmy!
Erving
Both Malones
Barkley
Pippen
Robinson

Okay okay he makes number ten. Don't get all high and mighty now I needed to make a fucking list I haven't done it in a while.

Not too bad

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
To be fair, who on this Heat team has played like a HoFer? Its like when Malone and Rodman were Lakers. "Entire team of HOFers and Kobe couldn't get it done!"
"Hey man, It doesn't count if LeCramp has a bunch of hall of famers and all stars if they're not playing to their absolute full potential each and every game! He needs help!!!" lol

I'm emotional so I shouldn't be posting. I'll probably be called a horrible fan or some stupid shit, who cares it is over. We lost to a better team, simple as that. That said this team playing lost, putting such a pathetic effort at home is sickening. Especially when you have the best player in the world. I am done with this series emotionally, we lost, I have accepted it, I will enjoy the next game hoping we win or at least put a good effort.

Well this forum will be unbearable, have your fun guys. I know you waited two long years for this one moment, well there you go.

Lol

@BarbaraTitus: “Were you surprised at how this game unfolded?” Boris: “Not really because it was the exact same as last game.”

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Pop probably shoved a video of Ray Allen's game 6 three-pointer into everyone's brain to have the team playing like this. Game 3 and Game 4 have been amazing displays of basketball.

I'm emotional so I shouldn't be posting. I'll probably be called a horrible fan or some stupid shit, who cares it is over. We lost to a better team, simple as that. That said this team playing lost, putting such a pathetic effort at home is sickening. Especially when you have the best player in the world. I am done with this series emotionally, we lost, I have accepted it, I will enjoy the next game hoping we win or at least put a good effort.

Well this forum will be unbearable, have your fun guys. I know you waited two long years for this one moment, well there you go.

Welcome to the fraternity, brother.

Jordan
Robertson
Russell
Shaq
Bird
Jabbar
Johnson
Chamberlin
Bryant
Timmy!
Hakeem
Erving
Both Malones
Barkley
Pippen
Robinson

You forgot Detlef Schrempf

BadAss2961

That is some weak shit to give up already. Miami wins the next 2 games and everyone will be back on the bandwagon.

Redd

Could be worse. Two rings and it's not over yet. Some teams in the NBA have none.

SharkJAW

I don't think there's anyone on GAF could've articulated my sentiments to a T. I feel the very same, my friend.

lol, dat rage quit.

Series ain't over though. Heat are still dangerous, still extremely lucky. But i'm sure SA is aware of this.

Heat could've easily been swept in this series had it not been for some missed free throws.

Shit is over, breh. They learned their lesson from last year and learned it well.

PBY

Banned

It's okay breh. SA is god tier right now. And we're not what we were last year.

Better team is up in this series.

Trey

You and pimp trying to get ahead of the fallout. Understandable. But these 20 point shellackings and imminent Finals loss will haunt you and LeBron forever.

You may absolve yourself of the situation in the short term, but these kinds of whippings last a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom