• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

lol @ everyone giving up on the team with 4 HOFers, including the "greatest player on the planet" so easily. There's something wrong with that.

I'm one of the biggest detractors here, and I still believe Miami has at least a 25% chance of winning this series. If they survive on Sunday, look out.

lol @ everyone giving up on the team with 4 HOFers, including the "greatest player on the planet" so easily. There's something wrong with that.

I'm one of the biggest detractors here, and I still believe Miami has at least a 25% chance of winning this series. If they survive on Sunday, look out.

Please. A team that blows out a Finals opponent back to back on its home floor doesnt drop three games in a row.

Doomsayer

It isn't like the Spurs haven't had this happen before.

OKC two years ago, shit the Heat last year... the Spurs are very capable of coughing up series leads.

From a purely unbiased objective view point

Magic
Kareem
Kobe
Wilt
Shaq
Russel
Bird
Duncan
Hakeem
West
*Pippen

In that order.

<3

Jordan
Robertson
Russell
Shaq
Bird
Jabbar
Johnson
Chamberlin
Bryant
Timmy!
Hakeem
James (dude is young still sorry I'm not a hater)
Erving
Both Malones
Barkley
Pippen
Robinson

VS.

Magic
Kareem
Kobe
Wilt
Shaq
Russel
Bird
Duncan
Hakeem
Pippen

Mine is better :)

fertygo

Yeah, no more jinx for this shit pls guys..

BadAss2961

OKC two years ago, shit the Heat last year... the Spurs are very capable of coughing up series leads.

<3
Exactly. Spurs do mean business this year, but shit happens.

I've had to hear about how great LeBron is for the past 2 seasons. Now everyone shies away the minute his back is against the wall. I don't wanna hear shit from you guys if/when Miami makes a series out of this. lol

Yeah, no more jinx for this shit pls guys..

Only way they win is if the refs promote two games of total Miami on the free throw line and then let them play game 7 like they played game 4 tonight and they somehow pull it off. If that somehow happens I will hang myself lol.

I hope the media does right by San Antonio and makes this about what the Spurs have done right rather than overemphasize what's wrong with the Heat and Lebron. We dont need that shit.

I agree with this but the media covers what people want to talk about and as you can clearly see from this thread and basically any discussion outside San Antonio, that is the Heat losing. It is one of those damned if you do damned if you don't. ESPN is about getting viewers so they need to play the angle that gets the most viewers.

In reality though, yes it should be about San Antonio getting 5 and being a legendary franchise. But its SA, which I assume you are from there you should know the drill by now, just like I know what happens when my team loses.

SXC37A2.png

Panzon

You guys prematurely crowning the spurs are delusional. I don't want this series to become a nerve racking nail biter so please stop jinxing the spurs.

I just hope Pop doesn't try that loyalty crap again with ginobili and sticks with him while he wets the bed.

#SpursIn6
in 5

<3

I mean its fine to hope for lightning to strike twice, but the Thunder won to back to back blow out games this year, and had everyone talking about 2012, then got put down, convincingly, the next two games. This Spurs team is not the 2012, 2013 team.

I really don't like how LeBron gets all the questions. Makes me feel bad for Dwade just sitting there. Dwade has to be the leading scorer to get any questions. Dwade answers them just as well if not better than LeBron too

BadAss2961

When are they gonna stop this dual press conference blshit!? These are two grown man god damnit. Do they really need to do everything together after 4 seasons together. Shit is annoying man.

Lol @ Chris Bosh's exclusion from the group though
I know right.

Bosh was excluded from the crew like late in their first playoff run where they lost to Dirk. lol

What did he say?
(paraphrased)

Reporter: Coach Spo said the team has to look under the hood and leave no stone unturned.

LeBron: I don't even know what that means. I have an engine under my hood.

Reporter: He means you have to look at every option to give yourselves an advantage.

LeBron: Why would we be doing that now? That's something that we should be doing from day one of the season.

---

It was a tense conference all around so I don't know if he was necessarily talking back to Spo or just being frustrated with having to stand there and field dumb questions.

I think he taped him to the underside of the bus. I'm not sure what he did.

What did he say?

I think they asked about Spo's focus and confidence being instilled in the finals. Lebron didn't understand the question said it should have been instilled in the beginning of season.
I think stand corrected. No big deal will check post game once video is out again for clarification. Oh Nice..Battersea Power Station is right.

Battersea Power Station said:
(paraphrased)

Reporter: Coach Spo said the team has to look under the hood and leave no stone unturned.

LeBron: I don't even know what that means. I have an engine under my hood.

Reporter: He means you have to look at every option to give yourselves an advantage.

LeBron: Why would we be doing that now? That's something that we should be doing from day one of the season.

LeBron was talking about how his stomach's been hurting for the past couple days. lmao

Cramps, limping, tummy aches... This guy... Always something.

Dude can't handle the pressure.

It's the roids man give him a break. Didn't you see that medical post awhile back. He should seek medical care for them HGH side-effects.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'm emotional so I shouldn't be posting. I'll probably be called a horrible fan or some stupid shit, who cares it is over. We lost to a better team, simple as that. That said this team playing lost, putting such a pathetic effort at home is sickening. Especially when you have the best player in the world. I am done with this series emotionally, we lost, I have accepted it, I will enjoy the next game hoping we win or at least put a good effort.

Well this forum will be unbearable, have your fun guys. I know you waited two long years for this one moment, well there you go.
I just want to hug you right now

That just isn't true if we are talking all time talent. Not everyone left their teams or were born into that kind of setup.

Yeah the guy who as a rookie inhereted a team with a Hall of Fame Center and a Hall of Fame coach had it much harder than the guy who inhereted a team as a rookie with a Hall of Fame Center and 2 years later got a hall of fame coach.

Pimpwerx

People shit on heat for excuses. They kept it reql tonight and gave mad props
The Heat aren't hated for how they act, no matter how people like to claim that. Classy in the media, and though no angels, prefer to play a clean game of basketball than drag it into the mud. Plus, they sacrifice for winning. They do what people say they want their athletes to do, but they get hate anyway. It's why I really want Melo now, because of they're gonna hate, let em hate. PEACE.

Agreed. Leonard looking like a future star. I really liked his play. I also liked green. Green was up cheering for his team after Pop embarrassed him near the bench. Like a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom