• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinse82

I'm trying to like the Spurs, but Tony Parker and flesh colored Yamaka flop all over the damn place.

That's funny considering the guys on the other side are Dwyane Wade and Mario Chalmers

Hy6TCB.gif

HiResDes

Tony Parker takes some pretty hard fouls and still drives to the hole as much as did early in his career, which is more than I can say for Wade

He wanted more firepower on the offensive end and Battier is abysmal at that. That doesn't answer Haslem's dismissive though.

Re-listened LeBron's post game again, I think he answered the question very thoroughly. Agreed completely with him when he said when the Spurs put Patty Mills, Tony Parker, Boris Diaw and Manu on the floor they basically had 4 PG. No wonder why the Heat had so much trouble stopping ball movement.

Playing Haslem means the Spurs can play Splitter/Duncan and not pay for it. I think that's probably the main reason they haven't done it.

Fjordson

Chalmers and Cole have been unplayable these games, they have not done anything worthwhile.

And "Big 3" still fluctuates between "Big 3" and "Big One"
Seriously, it's insane how bad the guards are on Miami. All guards, including Wade and the bench players.

Patty Mills in 16 minutes off the bench matched the combined scoring of Miami's starting backcourt (Wade and Chalmers). And they played over 60 minutes combined.

What do you guys think Ray Allen will do next season?

Wait til LeBron makes his decision

Seriously think he will be offered the vet min or be told "thanks for hitting that 3 but bye we are signing everyone for cheap"

Don Riley

Everyone is replaceable and I think you'll see the biggest change to a team in recent years, well the mavs had it done too

otapnam

It's just how the Mavs beat the Heat. They showed how to beat them. I don't know why ball movement is pushed back so much. Iso situations suck, basketball is 5 on 5...

Thats how we do it at the gym on pickup games when you're outmatched physically. Kind of funny that in the NBA all these teams forget the basics because they have "superstars"

Spurs were the better team last year, lost in a fluke

Why are people surprised? Because ESPN makes it seem like the Heat are the dynasty Bulls?

bionic77

Spurs were the better team last year, lost in a fluke

Why are people surprised? Because ESPN makes it seem like the Heat are the dynasty Bulls?
It is just a bad matchup for the Heat. Just like the Thunder are a bad matchup for the Spurs (though SA beat them this year).

If I ran Miami I would be concerned about fixing 2 things. D Wade and their lack of depth. Wade is obviously the bigger problem. The team is built around his and Lebron's athleticism creating turnovers on defense. Wade looks old and broken. They have to make the big decision to trust in Wade's health or figuring out how to be effective or ditching him (after the next season) and starting over.

agrajag

Banned
Seeing how ineffective and a shell of his former self Wade has been, it's somewhat a farce to keep calling them the Big 3. He should be a bench player.

bionic77

Seeing how ineffective and a shell of his former self Wade has been, it's somewhat a farce to keep calling them the Big 3. He should be a bench player.
It is a question of figuring out what his role to the team is, whether it fits with them, and whether he is worth the money.

Wade isn't Wade from 2005 but he is still a good player on offense. The troubling part is on defense. The Heat were able to get around their lack of size in the last 3 years with their athleticism but that seems to be gone now. And to be fair it is not just Wade, a lot of players have looked bad on defense on the Heat. And not just in the Finals. It is easy to play good defense against garbage teams in the East because they either don't have talent or don't know how to play basketball. You can't get away with that against the best team in the West.

Tom Penny

Wade tore the Pacers a new one and find me another bench player that put up nearly 20/5/5 this year..granted his HGH is catching up to him and can't fix his knee.

Wade's body of work - and his salary - make it so he's part of the "Big 3" until he's off the team. Once he gets his salary reduced or goes to another team, he can be fairly considered in context. Right now, he gets to enjoy being a declining star with a big-ass salary that was part of a 3-star teamup.

VPhys

That's funny considering the guys on the other side are Dwyane Wade and Mario Chalmers

Hy6TCB.gif

Did Wade get fined for this?

$5k is not enough. They need to figure out a way that these flops actually affect the game itself. Have the next game begin with a technical FT, or something.

This one ain't his fault, though. 70% TS% in the series, but no one else coming with him. Chalmers has been straight ass all series and Wade looked like garbage tonight.

Wade did look like garbage and Bron did what he could in the early quarters but the dude straight checked out in the 4th.

Clearly, Lebron just doesn't have enough help.

Hopefully next year they will pick up Melo so he doesn't have the burden of shouldering so much of the weight.

entremet

Did Wade get fined for this?

$5k is not enough. They need to figure out a way that these flops actually affect the game itself. Have the next game begin with a technical FT, or something.

5k is nothing when in the playoffs. I'm sure the owners would pay these fines under the table for players flopping as well.

Wade did look like garbage and Bron did what he could in the early quarters but the dude straight checked out in the 4th.

Hopefully next year they will pick up Melo so he doesn't have the burden of shouldering so much of the weight.
You mean when he was down 22 with 12 minutes to go? I don't blame him for not giving it his all, I don't think that's a possible comeback with how his teammates were playing.

You mean when he was down 22 with 12 minutes to go? I don't blame him for not giving it his all, I don't think that's a possible comeback with how his teammates were playing.

Come on, he has made up 12+ point differences in minutes.
I just love how he continues to show his makeup as a player and its definitely not one built like the greats.

Come on, he has made up 12+ point differences in minutes.
I just love how he continues to show his makeup as a player and its definitely not one built like the greats.
Fair enough, I'll rephrase and say I'm not surprised he did what he did. It'll be fairly obvious early on in game 5 whether or not he's checked out completely.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters

If LeBron wants to even be in the GOAT conversation he needs to be winning in the western conference. Miami + Melo would not be favorites to win in the west. Miami without adding anyone is going to get another free pass to the finals next year in the east. Come on Bron, go prove it in a conference that isn't shit.

ampere

Kawhi has been on fire!

Man you can tell how much he wants it after last year. That missed free throw in game 6 must haunt him. He should totally be MVP if Spurs win this thing.

If LeBron wants to even be in the GOAT conversation he needs to be winning in the western conference. Miami + Melo would not be favorites to win in the west. Miami without adding anyone is going to get another free pass to the finals next year in the east. Come on Bron, go prove it in a conference that isn't shit.

Lol LeBron ain't ever going west

Its been said but the heat are guaranteed another trip to the ECF next season since the east is easy

That would be great. The Knicks could then tank incredibly for a high pick in 2015, and then throw the galaxy at Kevin Durant or LMA and have money to burn after that.

bionic77

Either him or dishmaster Diaw.

Diaw's passes never ceases to amaze me.
It should be the entire team sharing the reward because it was a total team effort (with the exception of Matt Bonner, he probably shouldn't even get a ring let alone a share of Finals MVP).

But they are going to give it to Leonard because once he showed up it has been a blowout and his increased production on offense and defense will be credited as the difference.

Sotha_Sil

This Spurs team is just a joy to watch. Perfectly coached and executed. I think a big factor in the Spurs' unselfish play is that most of their core guys were all drafted by San Antonio, and stayed there: Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Leonard, and Splitter. Danny Green was released after less than a year in Cleveland, and was picked up by SA. Bonner played 2 seasons in Toronto, and the last 8 in San Antonio. Pop has had a lot of time to make his impression on the players, and it shows. I don't think talk about other teams switching to this style is really possible, at least in the short term.

Who you would mark down for Finals MVP, assuming SA wins? Leonard has slowed Lebron as well as you can and put up good numbers the last two games, Parker is wearing out Miami and dominating Miami's PGs, and Duncan's defense has really thrown a wrench into Miami's offensive plan while putting up solid numbers too. I'd probably go with Duncan, but I wouldn't fault anyone for picking any of those guys.

otapnam

It should be the entire team sharing the reward because it was a total team effort (with the exception of Matt Bonner, he probably shouldn't even get a ring let alone a share of Finals MVP).

But they are going to give it to Leonard because once he showed up it has been a blowout and his increased production on offense and defense will be credited as the difference.

Pap saved super saiyan mode for this. I don't think SA has had the type of player leonard is and could be in the Duncan era

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom