• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
10411374_653210834763867_2437697243550036553_n.jpg

lmao damn.

Pimpwerx

(paraphrased)

Reporter: Coach Spo said the team has to look under the hood and leave no stone unturned.

LeBron: I don't even know what that means. I have an engine under my hood.

Reporter: He means you have to look at every option to give yourselves an advantage.

LeBron: Why would we be doing that now? That's something that we should be doing from day one of the season.

---

It was a tense conference all around so I don't know if he was necessarily talking back to Spo or just being frustrated with having to stand there and field dumb questions.
He's had a version of that answer over the years. Every series we've been down they've asked him that and he's replied much the same. I agree, it's too late to try anything drastic. If we can't win playing our brand of ball, we can't win. PEACE.

Edit: Anyway, I'm gonna pop off some steam in watch dogs before going to bed. See you guys Sunday, if there's no new Melo news. Thank god there's world cup to distract me all weekend.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
The Heat aren't hated for how they act, no matter how people like to claim that. Classy in the media, and though no angels, prefer to play a clean game of basketball than drag it into the mud. Plus, they sacrifice for winning. They do what people say they want their athletes to do, but they get hate anyway. It's why I really want Melo now, because of they're gonna hate, let em hate. PEACE.

People hate and will always hate the heat because of The decision and that silly spectacle they had that summer. Simple as that, plus it's fun to hate dynasties.

The Heat aren't hated for how they act, no matter how people like to claim that. Classy in the media, and though no angels, prefer to play a clean game of basketball than drag it into the mud. Plus, they sacrifice for winning. They do what people say they want their athletes to do, but they get hate anyway. It's why I really want Melo now, because of they're gonna hate, let em hate. PEACE.

This, I don't get how tonight was any different from any night. They don't really trash talk. They don't disrespect opponents. Say the right things. Play basketball unselfishly. Do things that are best for the organization as a whole. I love this team not just cause of their talent but cause of who they are.

Yeah the guy who as a rookie inhereted a team with a Hall of Fame Center and a Hall of Fame coach had it much harder than the guy who inhereted a team as a rookie with a Hall of Fame Center and 2 years later got a hall of fame coach.
I didn't know Pop was considered to be HOF coach after one year.

I honestly don't HATE the Heat but the Spurs need this. They are the better team and they were last time too. Heat won last time. It was a great game or two. They deserved to pull off the upset. This time though no. And if the refs start getting crazy I will have serious problems with the NBA.

This, I don't get how tonight was any different from any night. They don't really trash talk. They don't disrespect opponents. Say the right things. Play basketball unselfishly. Do things that are best for the organization as a whole. I love this team not just cause of their talent but cause of who they are.

Oh they trash talk man. Maybe not in the finals as much but they do it. All the greats do it.

BadAss2961

Guy looks like dr.j or pippen out there.
Remember all those 90's Bulls vs Heat debates? If Kawhi is containing LeBron, just imagine what Pippen would've done to him... Or if you wanna go with the older Bulls, imagine what Pippen AND Dennis would've done to him... Wouldn't have been pretty.

This guy is on the brink of losing to a team with BORIS DIAW as a finals MVP candidate. That is fuckin' embarrassing.

Ninjimbo

(paraphrased)

Reporter: Coach Spo said the team has to look under the hood and leave no stone unturned.

Reporter: He means you have to look at every option to give yourselves an advantage.

LeBron: Why would we be doing that now? That's something that we should be doing from day one of the season.

---

It was a tense conference all around so I don't know if he was necessarily talking back to Spo or just being frustrated with having to stand there and field dumb questions.
It doesn't sound like much of anything. An awkward question gets an awkward answer. I wouldn't read too much into it except that Lebron is frustrated as they probably all are.

Remember all those 90's Bulls vs Heat debates? If Kawhi is containing LeBron, just imagine what Pippen would've done to him... Or if you wanna go with the older Bulls, imagine what Dennis would've done to him... Wouldn't have been pretty.

This guy is on the brink of losing to a team with BORIS DIAW as a finals MVP candidate. That is fuckin' embarrassing.

The 72 win Bulls would be pretty much unstoppable in any era imho.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
I honestly don't HATE the Heat but the Spurs need this. They are the better team and they were last time too. Heat won last time. It was a great game or two. They deserved to pull off the upset. This time though no. And if the refs start getting crazy I will have serious problems with the NBA.

Can you quit your ref whining? Refs don't make or break a game.

Tom Penny

Remember all those 90's Bulls vs Heat debates? If Kawhi is containing LeBron, just imagine what Pippen would've done to him... Or if you wanna go with the older Bulls, imagine what Pippen AND Dennis would've done to him... Wouldn't have been pretty.

I'm sure Wade would have styled all over MJ though..

1985 Lakers

1986 Czzz

Yeah, some of the usual contenders. I still feel the Bulls would pull it off but it does get iffy. I can't just pull people from one era into the 90s and not think they would possibly even improve.

Still, with Kukoc, Longley, Kerr, and some of those bigs they had (even John Salley lol) they could still match up well. Harper was decent too. And then you have the big 3 and they work together oh so well. It would be some great games.

agrajag

Banned
Spurs are just a better team. I say that as a Heat fan. They've had the benefit of a steady lineup getting molded by the best coach in the game unto the well oiled machine that they are year after year.

It's gonna be fun seeing Skip blow a load all over Stephen A's bald ass head tomorrow. I love Skip. Hell I love em both. I love First Take... we should have a First Take OT. It's one of the best shows on TV.

Yeah, some of the usual contenders. I still feel the Bulls would pull it off but it does get iffy. I can't just pull people from one era into the 90s and not think they would possibly even improve.

Prime Magic
Almost Prime Worthy
Prime Scott
Very Viable KAJ
Coop A Loop off the bench

I could go on...

Riles coaching...sheeeeeeit...

(paraphrased)

---

Yeah, some of the questions are really stupid, like asking Pop "if his team won the Championship who would be the Finals MVP?" I mean, seriously? That dude will never be in any NBA press conference anymore.

It's gonna be fun seeing Skip blow a load all over Stephen A's bald ass head tomorrow. I love Skip. Hell I love em both. I love First Take... we should have a First Take OT. It's one of the best shows on TV.

Best thing to happen would be Spurs winning in 5. With this stupid Bayless Spursin6 shit that he has been doing for the past 2 years.

Why wasn't Haslem in earlier? Why didn't they use Battier more? The Heat desperately needed some competitive energy.

He wanted more firepower on the offensive end and Battier is abysmal at that. That doesn't answer Haslem's dismissive though.

Re-listened LeBron's post game again, I think he answered the question very thoroughly. Agreed completely with him when he said when the Spurs put Patty Mills, Tony Parker, Boris Diaw and Manu on the floor they basically had 4 PG. No wonder why the Heat had so much trouble stopping ball movement.

BadAss2961

Skip and him are gonna go at it I think. Should be good. Maybe Stephen will bow down a bit though. Sometimes they do that.
Stephen A has already given up with the rest of the Heat supporters.

I hope Skip sticks to SPURS IN SIX! and picks Miami to win on Sunday just like he picked them to win tonight (he even wore their colors), he's such a jinx. Just jinx Miami one more time Skip.

Wade and Chalmers and Battier are unlikable players on the court. You know this. Wade hasnt been up to any dirt this year, but that fucker's horse kicked Ramon Sessions in the balls, dislocated Rondo's elbow, almost killed Darren Collison on a fast break play, mugging him from behind. Broke Kobe's nose in a goddamn all star game. The dude is dirty. Battier is a smug piece of shit who likes to play games and fuck around with people. I know that shit can sometimes work, but I dont have to like or respect the underhanded shit he does on the court.
Rio is a fucking douchebag who, for whatever reason, has morphed into a goon.
Birdman tries too hard, why does he strut around like King Kong every damn time he makes a play. Attention whore.

I like Cole and I dont mind Haslem or Lebron.

Wonder if Duncan will retire into the sunset after this season? That is, if they win it all.

Retire? Have you seen how he's still the best big the NBA? With the minutes to production ratio he has he's still ridiculously productive

And who is stoping the Spurs from repeating? They just need to lock in diaw, and he's not going anywhere with Parker still in SA for the long run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom