• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Retire? Have you seen how he's still the best big the NBA? With the minutes to production ratio he has he's still ridiculously productive

And who is stoping the Spurs from repeating? They just need to lock in diaw, and he's not going anywhere with Parker still in SA for the long run

I feel like Houston could be a problem next year if they get Love or Carmelo. Not a serious title contender, but they'd be dangerous enough to knock off a higher seeded team in a fluke series with their three point shooting

Jonm1010

Banned
I can't believe how much I hated the Spurs(all because of Bowen) and now I am begging that Duncan doesn't ride off into history as the best PF of all time after this series. I want him to ride off after he wins a back to back.

Do us all right Duncan and Pop and come back and drop the Heat two years in a row and let no doubt in anyones mind.

OP updated.. Nothing noteworthy.

And in Sterling updates.. This is gonna get real bad. I wish Clips players have the power to collectively leave the team w/o getting sued for breach of contract by using what Donald said on tape as the grounds for contract termination. Sabotaging Clips value is their best way to get back at sterling.

EDIT: Link fixed

Jonm1010

Banned
Also I just have to say, remember that time when poster Jordan-whats-his-name said that the Heat wouldn't be affected by having to go through the West to win a championship? They wouldn't be gassed. Could easily make all four finals. Could of won 60 games in the West this year if they wanted to. Best team in the league, no question!

Those were good times. A more innocent time. A time I will always cherish.

Also I just have to say, remember that time when poster Jordan-whats-his-name said that the Heat wouldn't be affected by having to go through the West to win a championship? They wouldn't be gassed. Could easily make all four finals. Could of won 60 games in the West this year if they wanted to. Best team in the league, no question!

i'm not sure anyone actually believes that, even heat fans. the heat would not be in the finals if they had to play the same teams as the spurs did (vs. mavs, blazers, thunder). meanwhile, there is a semi-decent chance that the spurs would have swept the bobcats, nets and pacers. the heat are a good team but if they had to go through the gauntlet that is the west they wouldn't like the results.

i was thinking the heat miss mike miller but i think rashard lewis has given them about what they could expect from miller. heat were extremely lucky to beat the spurs last year and it seems that the spurs are proving that this year

Series isn't over.

And my screenname isn't an nod to MJ, it is my name.

Looking to spurs's contract structure I hope he and the team aiming for the repeat.
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

Next year is the time most contract in last year, including Manu.
Looks like they just have to sign Boris and they can make another great run. Boris has just been so huge it's insane. He's a perfect fit for their system. He can pass, rebound, defend, is unselfish, can hit the 3. Look at his line tonight... 8 points, 8 boards, 9 assists with good defense. Versatile big guys like that don't come by often.

I remember when Boris used to be the butt of jokes... that he was fat and so forth. Look at dude now, tearing it up.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Wade and Chalmers and Battier are unlikable players on the court. You know this. Wade hasnt been up to any dirt this year, but that fucker's horse kicked Ramon Sessions in the balls, dislocated Rondo's elbow, almost killed Darren Collison on a fast break play, mugging him from behind. Broke Kobe's nose in a goddamn all star game. The dude is dirty.

All while flopping, feigning injury, and creating phantom fouls to get the refs to beat the other team for him instead of doing it himself.

Wade has been by far the most hated player in the league for years (For me at least).

I had my money on Manu winning it before the series started. If Kawhi can put up another ~15/10 game I think he's a lock to win it. That would be 3 big games in a 5 game series, assuming SA closes it out.

Darkman M

Looks like they just have to sign Boris and they can make another great run. Boris has just been so huge it's insane. He's a perfect fit for their system. He can pass, rebound, defend, is unselfish, can hit the 3. Look at his line tonight... 8 points, 8 boards, 9 assists with good defense. Versatile big guys like that don't come by often.

I remember when Boris used to be the butt of jokes... that he was fat and so forth. Look at dude now, tearing it up.

Never forget!!

http://youtu.be/6KkrccHEAqg

BadAss2961

I feel if Duncan has any kind of decent game when they clinch, they'll give it to him. Just like how Manu got robbed in 2005
I hope Diaw gets it, just so it will be written in the history books that LeBron James lost to a Boris Diaw led team in an NBA Finals.

If you look back at the NBA-GAF threads this season, you will find one man telling everyone else that Miami will get worn out this year and it will be obvious in the playoffs at some point.

It took a while because the East was so shitty, but it happened nonetheless.

that person was me

If you look back at the NBA-GAF threads this season, you will find one man telling everyone else that Miami will get worn out this year and it will be obvious in the playoffs at some point.

It took a while because the East was so shitty, but it happened nonetheless.

that person was me

Everyone is tired.

Rest in the off-season.

Everyone is tired.

Rest in the off-season.

No, there's a difference between tired and worn-out.

Remember the 2011 Lakers? They were worn out. Same thing happening here.

This is the culmination of 4 straight Finals appearances. (really, it was the 3 that did them in, but again shitty East).

Look at Wade. He was short on about his first 5 shots that weren't blocked and short on his first 4 FTs (last 2 barely climbing over the rim to go in). He's dead-legged. He's worn out. He looks slow.

The entire team outside of Lebron looks dead-legged. They even looked it a bit in Indy. They've played too much basketball the last 4 seasons and it shows. It's not the same thing as the other teams being tired. Especially with the Spurs who have limited minutes and younger guys playing bigger roles (Leonard, Green, Mills, Splitter).

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I hope Diaw gets it, just so it will be written in the history books that LeBron James lost to a Boris Diaw led team in an NBA Finals.
"Yo, ya'll 'member that time Lebron got bounced from the finals 'cause his team couldn't contain a mid-tier role player?"

Legacy cemented indeed.

I wonder if teams are gonna try to emulate the 'ball movement' style of play that the Spurs have brought to the forefront. Yes, I know ball movement is key to every team and they all try to be successful at it but even LeBron said in the post-game conference tonight that no other team in the league plays like the Spurs. That's exactly what he said. Problem is for teams trying to emulate it is that you need the entire roster on the same page, a group of unselfish players, and then a coaching staff with the right mindset. Easier said then done. This Spurs team is one of a kind. Enjoy these next 1-2 years or however long they have left together because after that it's just going to be a league full of chuckers like Durant and Westbrook.

I wonder if teams are gonna try to emulate the 'ball movement' style of play that the Spurs have brought to the forefront. Yes, I know ball movement is key to every team and they all try to be successful at it but even LeBron said in the post-game conference tonight that no other team in the league plays like the Spurs. That's exactly what he said. Problem is for teams trying to emulate it is that you need the entire roster on the same page, a group of unselfish players, and then a coaching staff with the right mindset. Easier said then done. This Spurs team is one of a kind. Enjoy these next 1-2 years or however long they have left together because after that it's just going to be a league full of chuckers like Durant and Westbrook.

It's just how the Mavs beat the Heat. They showed how to beat them. I don't know why ball movement is pushed back so much. Iso situations suck, basketball is 5 on 5...

It's just how the Mavs beat the Heat. They showed how to beat them. I don't know why ball movement is pushed back so much. Iso situations suck, basketball is 5 on 5...
Definitely. The 2011 Mavs are another good example. This type of play should be the norm across the league, but instead we have a league of chuckers, it's a superstar me-first league. This Spurs team is the exact antithesis of that and I love it. I can't get enough of it. It's beautiful to watch.

There was a play I think in game 3. It probably happened a bunch of times but this specific one I remember for some reason. The shot clock was winding down, there was maybe 3 seconds left. The Spurs proceeded to pass it 3 more times in those 3 or 4 seconds. Any other team maybe 1 pass at the most and more often than not no pass and you see a terrible shot put up. Spurs passed 3 more times and found an open man for the 3. I was just like wow...

Yup. How are you gonna tell some superstar that makes over $10M per season that he can't spend more than 2 seconds with the ball on the play? The humble culture of this Spurs team is just so hard to instill. The only way is to get a very young, inexperienced team and start from the beginning, maybe adding a couple of foreign players who don't play iso. Pop's got himself a unique situation.

Jonm1010

Banned
How does Wade opt out after a season like this? Missing 28 games and playing like dogshit in the most important part of the season?

No way he is offered close to 42 mil by any other team. Right??

I can't believe it. The Spurs are just one win a way from sending Lebron home with a losing record in the Finals.

Sorry Bron Bron and ESPN, but 2-3 in five Finals trips is not very GOAT-like.

I can't believe it. The Spurs are just one win a way from sending Lebron home with a losing record in the Finals.

Sorry Bron Bron and ESPN, but 2-3 in five Finals trips is not very GOAT-like.

This one ain't his fault, though. 70% TS% in the series, but no one else coming with him. Chalmers has been straight ass all series and Wade looked like garbage tonight.

ISOM

Definitely. The 2011 Mavs are another good example. This type of play should be the norm across the league, but instead we have a league of chuckers, it's a superstar me-first league. This Spurs team is the exact antithesis of that and I love it. I can't get enough of it. It's beautiful to watch.

There was a play I think in game 3. It probably happened a bunch of times but this specific one I remember for some reason. The shot clock was winding down, there was maybe 3 seconds left. The Spurs proceeded to pass it 3 more times in those 3 or 4 seconds. Any other team maybe 1 pass at the most and more often than not no pass and you see a terrible shot put up. Spurs passed 3 more times and found an open man for the 3. I was just like wow...

I think you are laying to much blame on the players in the league. It takes a great coach like popovich or carlisle to drill into you everyday about ball movement. Hell even the spurs were lacking ball movement in the OKC series that pop had to bench his starters for a quarter and a half.

WoodWERD

Ahhh watching the replay...so, so pretty. Heat have no answer for the ball movement. Spurs have had some of the biggest choke jobs in history, but the way they're playing now I think they'll do the impossible and win 3 in a row to finish at home. ATT center will be rocking. And assuming they win this, I do think there's a good chance we see everyone back next year. The system is nearly bulletproof and everyone is healthy, so I think they'll want to take a crack at the repeat.

1 more, Spurs. Come onnnn!!!

Into

Chalmers and Cole have been unplayable these games, they have not done anything worthwhile.

And "Big 3" still fluctuates between "Big 3" and "Big One"

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Chalmers and Cole have been unplayable these games, they have not done anything worthwhile.

And "Big 3" still fluctuates between "Big 3" and "Big One"

they're terribly outclassed in that position, Spurs' point guards n pick n roll play have been too much for them.

fertygo

How does Wade opt out after a season like this? Missing 28 games and playing like dogshit in the most important part of the season?

No way he is offered close to 42 mil by any other team. Right??

Yeah after Wade checking the tape no way he would re-negotiate for accommodating Melo.

Chaotix

lBnDsmY.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom