• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squalor

Also, you apparently aren't good at math.

That was seven years, and no, Steve Nash's second and last MVP came in 2005-2006, which is an irrelevant point, anyway.

Pimpwerx

I should go dig up some old Pimpwerx posts on how the Heat were gonna wreck the league for years when the "Big 3" raised up on those platforms, with the fog machines and all that...now that his squad is in the brink of getting closed out for the 2nd time in 4 years, he is cool with winning just 2 chips. LOL

At least MiamiWesker is a real fan.

#stayfree
4 straight finals. Many more to come. You can go dig up any posts you want. YOU are the one labeling it s failure, of Heat fans. Enjoy the misery, I guess. It's been s 4 year party down here. Anyone in Miami feel the least bit disappointed? LOL. This is best any sports team has had other than the Canes.

Oh, and the real fan bs. This is why half the jackasses are jerking each other off on another forum, because they're real fans. Real jackasses, more like it. You spend all year making more posts sweating the Heat than supporting your team. Who's the actual fan here, poser? PEACE.

I thought the best player in the game could make his team mates better.

As a Minnesota Vikings fan...no :'(

4 straight Finals, come on man. And he got to the fucking Finals when he was in Cleveland. How he pulled that shit off I have no idea

The Heat are basically the Mayweather of basketball, except they actually do lose.

Squalor

He got sent home by Dwight Howard and Rafer Alston.

GOAT
Now you are just resorting to straw man and red herring fallacies.

This is just sad . . .

Losing to the Magic then has nothing to do with what I said. I also never said he was the greatest of all time because he isn't.

When you have a fact-based, substantiated position to defend, I will continue this conversation. Until then, stop making yourself look ridiculous.

Man some people in this thread are funny

"All ESPN talks about non-stop is the same old tired arguments about LeBron and his legacy instead of Duncan and the Spurs!"

**proceeds to talk about non-stop is the same old tired arguments about Lebron and his legacy instead of Duncan and the Spurs**

Now you are just resorting to straw man and red herring fallacies.

This is just sad . . .

Losing to the Magic then has nothing to do with what I said. I also never said he was the greatest of all time because he isn't.

When you have a fact-based, substantiated position to defend, I will continue this conversation. Until then, stop making yourself look ridiculous.

Mama is trolling. Just go along for the ride to kill 3 more hours.

4 straight finals. Many more to come. You can go dig up any posts you want. YOU are the one labeling it s failure, of Heat fans. Enjoy the misery, I guess. It's been s 4 year party down here. Anyone in Miami feel the least bit disappointed? LOL. This is best any sports team has had other than the Canes. PEACE.

LOL

That's the thing. Miami residents in general are really fair weather fans. There are so many other things to do, that besides the Dolphins and Canes (football is king in the south), people won't take time out to do much of anything else. And even then, Fins games used to be blacked-out regularly in the 90's b/c people weren't really going to games. But when a team is winning, you are guaranteed to see the fans turnout. And in general, the support is almost always big. You shoulda seen it during the World Series. Hialeah was off the fucking chain. People out in the streets for each game. Even in my neighborhood in NMB, there were these trucks driving around his huge HDTVs on the side showing the game. Just driving up and down the streets. Like I said, Miami loves a winner. :) PEACE.

PEACE

Pimpwerx

LOL

PEACE
What year was that? Why not reference something from the current year, like where I said this city stopped worrying about Bron leaving after 2012. Again, what year was that? LOL. Matter of fact, when's the last time any Heat can even voiced any disappointment? You're reaching, but maybe those stumps will grow of you keep trying. PEACE.

Cloudy

Banned
Lebron isn't selfish like Kobe, The Kobe stans seem to forget what actually happened in LAland during Kobe's era. His second Finals MVP should've gone to Gasol.

28.6ppg/8.0rpg/3.9apg vs. 18.6ppg/11.6rpg/3.7apg

Don't be ridiculous...

What year was that? Why not reference something from the current year, like where I said this city stopped worrying about Bron leaving after 2012. Again, what year was that? LOL. Matter of fact, when's the last time any Heat can even voiced any disappointment? You're reaching, but maybe those stumps will grow of you keep trying. PEACE.

Sigh...ok, I will spell it out, fam.

You said with your own words that Miami fans are fairweather, which completely makes sense seeing as how nonchalant you are about you team potentially losing this series. It's been a, in your 2014 words, a "4 year party down there" meaning, you guys fell the fuck off 2007-2011.

PEACE

A: How did you find that
B: Jesus christ dude that's from almost 10 years ago, you're out of your goddamn mind
C: PEACE

A: I found it because I remembered him posting it when the Heat were hot garbage.
B.Doesn't matter if it's 20 years ago, the sentiment rings true. Pimpwerx in his own words, paints Miami fans as bandwagon and he seems to fit that mold pretty well himself.
C. WAR

A: I found it because I remembered him posting it when the Heat were hot garbage.
B.Doesn't matter if it's 20 years ago, the sentiment rings true. Pimpwerx in his own words, paints Miami fans as bandwagon and he seems to fit that mold pretty well himself.
C. WAR

A: ...I'm starting to worry that you've got dossiers on all of us. What does mine say? Does it mention food?
B: A lot can happen in 10 years
C: But apparently his catchphrase is timeless

A: ...I'm starting to worry that you've got dossiers on all of us. What does mine say? Does it mention food?
B: A lot can happen in 10 years
C: But apparently his catchphrase is timeless

A: Naw, I just have an insanely good memory. Sometimes it's a curse.
B: Yes, jumping on and off the bandwagon can happen a lot in 10 years.
C: Yeah it's corny but we love him.

Oh pleeeeease.... Bosh and his Heat let Boris Diaw style on them all night in THEIR FUCKING HOUSE FOR THE SECOND TIME IN A ROW, but now... NOW they're coming to play tonight. Now they're serious!

Yeah, I'm sure the Spurs, the team with a small forward that's out playing the best player on the planet on both ends of the floor, and could be on their way to a sweep if they made their god damn free-throws in game 2, are shaking in their fucking boots right now. Give me a break.

Look, the Heat could very well win tonight and extend this series on some fluke shit. Stranger things have happened. It's definitely all possible but it would only delay the inevitable... this series is over regardless.
The Heat are winning tonight. You just have to fucking believe me, dude. It's happening. I'm so convinced now it's like the game's already over in my mind. It's done. The Heat win Game 5 and the ESPN Heat circle-jerk will come back in full force. I can feel it, I can smell it in the air. Tonight is a trap and I'm scared.

One month avatar bet the Heat win tonight. Anyone?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
is there really a whole thread discussing lebron being hype and saying something dumb at a ceremony?

lol, damn this thread has gone to shit.
Nah, it's a whole thread about people trying to downplay/defend stupid shit that came out of the mouth of the supposed best player on the planet (we all know it's really Leonard).

This is basketball. If you talk shit like that you better back it up, especially if you pull a "The Decision' moment out of your ass... and so far the Heat have not backed up their words when they formed their little Legion of Doom.

Nah, it's a whole thread about people trying to downplay/defend stupid shit that came out of the mouth of the supposed best player on the planet (we all know it's really Leonard).

This is basketball. If you talk shit like that you better back it up, especially if you pull a "The Decision' moment out of your ass... and so far the Heat have not backed up their words when they formed their little Legion of Doom.

Whoa hold up man, I've got 2 major issues with this

1: I love Leonard but camon man
2: The Legion of Doom is two people! Anything else is a lie! :p

I want to like this Power show but it feels like its slipping into cliche territory fast.

I made m points in the NBA thread so I won't rehash it here, but damn Force. You want to drag that shit in here?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
LOL

PEACE

mGRL8S6.jpg
:)

Especially since Skip does it primarily for ratings. I really doubt he sincerely believes most of what he says.
I've watched the show more times than most people and I'm of the mindset that he does believe what he says. Plus, a lot of the stuff that gets blown up are lines taken out of context and made into headlines. He says plenty of informative, well-thought out things as well. He says it all with conviction so unless he's a great actor I think it's sincere.

I've watched the show more times than most people and I'm of the mindset that he does believe what he says. Plus, a lot of the stuff that gets blown up are lines taken out of context and made into headlines. He says plenty of informative, well-thought out things as well. He says it all with conviction so unless he's a great actor I think it's sincere.

He endorsed the Colts to take Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning. He said Peyton Manning plays boring football. Don't get me started on the non-sense he says about basketball.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Skip is good at being a professional instigator. The whole premise of his show is to argue and if you really think he believes everything he says he's doing his job well.

He endorsed the Colts to take Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning. He said Peyton Manning plays boring football. Don't get me started on the non-sense he says about basketball.
Every analyst has said stupid shit in hindsight, every single one.
For example, I'm sure there were plenty of well-respected analysts who picked Oden over Durant in that draft. Most of them in fact.

Skip is good at being a professional instigator. The whole premise of his show is to argue and if you really think he believes everything he says he's doing his job well.
I can tell by his cadence. From my observation, more often than not he's being sincere and speaking with conviction. /shrug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom