• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happenstance? The best run organizations compete regularly. The worst ones are always bad. It's not happenstance that Cleveland has a history of losing. This applies to any sport. Consistently bad teams are usually poorly run. PEACE.
It was utter happenstance Clevland sucked their hardest and finished 8th and won the lottery at the right time. Sprinkle crack on shit in the NBA and BAM you are cooking like Emeril Lagasse.
As Lebron got greater and greater. 30, 40, 50, 60 win teams.

could someone make a thread on this?: (unless its already made and im completely missing it)

===================================
V. Stiviano recovering after being attacked in New York

V. Stiviano, in New York for a scheduled TV appearance with CNN's Anderson Cooper, was attacked by two men outside a restaurant near her hotel, a business manager for Stiviano's attorney told USA TODAY Sports.

Stiviano was leaving the restaurant near the Gansevoort Hotel at about 7 p.m. Sunday night when she was punched in the face by two white men who used racial slurs, according to news media outlets quoting Stiviano's attorney, Mac Nehoray.

Stiviano, who recorded the now-infamous conversation with Donald Sterling that led to the Los Angeles Clipper owner's downfall, has done interviews with Barbara Walters and Dr. Phil but offered no other public comment since the saga began more than five weeks ago.
more at the link:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...donald-sterling-attack-new-york-city/9878399/
==================================

BadAss2961

DWight hurts your team? What?
Dwight doesn't help you, he HURTS your position.
^I misunderstood that comment.

I originally brought up Dwight to someone else to show that it's not like LeBron was stuck in a league of teams with multiple superstars. He lost to Dwight, who had the same kind of team. You chimed in on some other shit.
Thats called knowing a good player with potential when you see them. AKA getting your head out of your ass and doing whats right for your star. Its also what we call good scouting. And you conveniently ignored Dennis Rodman. Don't cherry pick bro.

Scottie was a good pickup, but he had to be molded -- not exactly the "surround your superstar with talent" point you originally made. You were hinting at trading for guys that already stars like what the Lakers do, and since you're defending LeBron, what Miami did.

Rodman was only around for the 2nd three-peat.
When Dwight left he was still great, everyone has injuries here and there but you need to go back and look at his stats, that guy is still and incredible force, and he absolutely left that team when he was peaking. I wouldnt be surprised at all to see him put up great stats yet again next year.

Dwight was traded to LA and was already slipping. By the time he left for Houston, no one thought of him as the same player he was in Orlando. He's not in his prime anymore. People used to think he could be the next Shaq.

neptunes

Nah, he took a couple beatings and wanted out.

I think the Celtics took his soul.
Why should players have to suffer through the incompetence of their team's front office?

Would you be mad at any player wanting to leave the Bucks or the Timberwolves in pursuit of actually winning a championship?

Tom Penny

Nah, he took a couple beatings and wanted out.

I think the Celtics took his soul.

It's both. Cavs are incompetent and the Celtics took his soul. He probably would be ringless in Cleveland right now trying to carry washed up Stat as his teammate but they decided to keep JJ Hickson instead. Then he bounced. Amare could have gave him that glimmer of hope.

BadAss2961

Why should players have to suffer through the incompetence of their team's front office?

Would you be mad at any player wanting to leave the Bucks or the Timberwolves in pursuit of actually winning a championship?
It's different with him. Cleveland was his team, he's from Ohio, and he has greatest player ever hype. People act like the team was terrible, but they weren't.

Other than that, I don't really knock him for leaving. It's just the way he did it, and where he went.

rando14

It's different with him. Cleveland was his team, he's from Ohio, and he has greatest player ever hype. People act like the team was terrible, but they weren't.

Other than that, I don't really knock him for leaving. It's just the way he did it, and where he went.

Lol nah his teams were awful. There's a reason why the Cavs have been absolute gutter trash since he left

agrajag

Banned

No they should be slaves to a shitty franchise until the end of their careers, players should have absolutely no control over their careers.

Yeah, those teams competed pretty well after he left.

Wait, have they been back to the playoffs in the EAST of all places? Nope. AWFUL.

No they should be slaves to a shitty franchise until the end of their careers, players should have absolutely no control over their careers.

New slaves.

BadAss2961

Lol nah his teams were awful. There's a reason why the Cavs have been absolute gutter trash since he left
Yeah, those teams competed pretty well after he left.

Wait, have they been back to the playoffs in the EAST of all places? Nope. AWFUL.
Already went over this. The team was built around him, and this was before the multiple superstars or bust situation of today's NBA. Of course it was going to fall apart when he left. Same thing with Dwight in Orlando.

People forget that Cleveland were the favorites to go to the finals. The NBA wanted LeBron vs Kobe so bad, but it never happened.

LeBron was not an underdog every series he lost. Which is why things got bad for him.

Already went over this. The team was built around him, and this was before the multiple superstars or bust situation of today's NBA. Of course it was going to fall apart when he left. Same thing with Dwight in Orlando.

People forget that Cleveland were the favorites to go to the finals. The NBA wanted LeBron vs Kobe so bad, but it never happened.

LeBron was not an underdog every series he lost. Which is why things got bad for him.

How did the careers of the bulk of his teammates end up? They starting elsewhere?

skip bayless style, arbitrary BS.

Cipherr

How did the careers of the bulk of his teammates end up? They starting elsewhere?

He has been ducking standing behind his claim that those Cavs teams weren't terrible the whole damn thread. We post win/loss records after Lebron leaves and he ignores them and keeps claiming that team was good.

He cannot back that up at all, and he is dodging it hard.

BadAss2961 said:
It's different with him.

Dude this sums up your entire point of view right here. You don't have a reason, or anything logical. In your mind its just different... for no actual reason other than "B..b..b.b.but I don't like him, so its different!".

I mean thats fine and all, you aren't the only one, but don't pretend that its anything other than that.

Kanguro

Neo Member

Don't you understand? The team was BUILT AROUND HIM. If LeBron hadn't played the way he did the Cavs would have built an amazing roster full of dynamic two way players, but they instead elected to fill the roster with dogshit... to help LeBron.

Don't you understand? The team was BUILT AROUND HIM. If LeBron hadn't played the way he did the Cavs would have built an amazing roster full of dynamic two way players, but they instead elected to fill the roster with dogshit... to help LeBron.

Ded. Gilbert vindicated. Lol

Hahaha. Apparently!

Are people really talking about LeBron staying in Cleveland? That franchise is historically bad. Were shit before him. They're shit after him. The owner is a crazy person. The city is unappealing to other superstars. He stayed 7 years, like twice the average NBA career. He owed them nothing. Everyone knew he wasn't staying. The GM should've known best and acted. Bron left as a free agent. There's nothing to talk about. PEACE.

Cavs were nice in the early 90's with Daugherty, Price and Ehlo. Jordans bulls just ate their heart, otherwise they might have seen a finals.

BadAss2961

You could say the same for a lot of teams with one star player, especially years later. LeBron's situation wasn't anything out of the ordinary. It wasn't a bad team, they were favored for a reason -- because they dominated the regular season. One player gets numbers, but he doesn't win like that by himself. The team worked well around LeBron.

Dude this sums up your entire point of view right here. You don't have a reason, or anything logical. In your mind its just different... for no actual reason other than "B..b..b.b.but I don't like him, so its different!".

I mean thats fine and all, you aren't the only one, but don't pretend that its anything other than that.

My point of view? This argument started having very little to do with LeBron (I don't even remember exactly how it got there), and everything to do with you thinking Kobe was right behind him as the hottest draft pick ever that Shaq left to go play with.

HiResDes

People misunderstanding my admittedly flawed argument and interpreting it in a way that makes even less sense makes me chuckle. I'll just simplify it for you, I don't like watching pseudo all-star teams bogart their way to championships.

People misunderstanding my admittedly flawed argument and interpreting it in a way that makes even less sense makes me chuckle. I'll just simplify it for you, I don't like watching pseudo all-star teams bogart their way to championships.

You only liked that '04 Pistons championship, huh?

Pimpwerx

There are few NBA champs without multiple superstars or hall of famers. Hell, even the 2004 Pistons had multiple HoFers. PEACE.

CSX

There are few NBA champs without multiple superstars or hall of famers. Hell, even the 2004 Pistons had multiple HoFers. PEACE.

Honest question, who out of the 04 pistons you see as HoFers?

it was Billups, Hamiltion , Prince, and the Wallace duo for the starting lineup iirc.

None of them look like HoFers to me .

BadAss2961

it was Billups, Hamiltion , Prince, and the Wallace duo for the starting lineup iirc.

None of them are. None of them were superstars either.

Just a great team with crazy defense.

Pimpwerx

This is the NBA HoF. Billups won s FMVP. He's almost guaranteed to get in. Sheed I figure as well, for totally indefensible reasons. Such as, he gave us "ball don't lie." PEACE.

HiResDes

The Heat have 3 all star hybrid players all vying for the basketball all the time who get away with a lack of chemistry with pure unadulterated athletic ability. They play messy basketball. OKC is just like them except they only have two

Only one with an outside chance at the Hall would be Chauncey, and even that would require years and years of media fueled nostalgia goggling for how good he really was.

Pimpwerx

The Heat have 3 all star hybrid players all vying for the basketball all the time who get away with a lack of chemistry with pure unadulterated athletic ability. They play messy basketball. OKC is just like them except they only have two

Just...

Wow...

You know this Heat team you're talking about is kinda efficient offensively. Like...you know...the highest true shooting percentage in the history of the league. Yeah...I'm not sure what you classify as messy basketball, but that would make every other offense in the history of basketball look like dumpster fires. PEACE.

Props to Dirk, he did it as a lone star (no pun intended) against your boy and his all-star team. :p

Lol He had contract year Chandler,Marion giving a shit, JJ Barea, etc

Granted they're not all stars but still wayyy better than Lebron's Cavs supporting cast

Plus we had fucking Arroyo as our starting PG

Pimpwerx

There is no NBA hall of fame.
Basketball HoF. Everyone knows what I'm talking about, and admission isn't based solely on statistics. Relevance to the game weighs pretty heavily, which is what makes their hall so cool IMO. I can name a ton more basketball HoFers than in any other sport. PEACE.

In 2011, that's about it. The Heat are a pretty good passing team now. Not Spurs tier, but who is.. but saying their OKC+1 is just ridiculous (and ignores Ibaka's offensive output compared to Bosh's anyway).

agrajag

Banned

This comment was accurate in 2011, now not so much.

Lose-Lose for Lebron

Eitehr he stays in Cleveland and gets laughed at as the King of No Rings because his team was shit, no good free agent wants to move to Cleveland, and his asshole owner doesn't want to make competent moves.

Or he goes to a team with other good players and he's ring-chasing (although Bird had three other Hall of Famers in their primes, Magic had four other Hall of Famers in their primes, Jordan had two other Hall of Famers in their primes, and Kobe had one of the most dominant big men in the history of the game and once he lost him had a team that wasn't shit until he got another great big man in his semi-prime)

bionic77

Just...

Wow...

You know this Heat team you're talking about is kinda efficient offensively. Like...you know...the highest true shooting percentage in the history of the league. Yeah...I'm not sure what you classify as messy basketball, but that would make every other offense in the history of basketball look like dumpster fires. PEACE.
They were messy the first year but then Riley got them a bench and everyone figured out their roles.

Bosh has been really good this year and last year but somehow no one has noticed. He was a complete mess the first year.

jman2050

You don't like watching basketball?

Hell this Finals series is basically between two pseudo all-star teams, to use your words.

PBY

Banned
Scoring efficiency is kinda bullshit, remember when James Harden was leading the league in efficiency lol.

As a team though, in the HISTORY of the league? Stats don't back up your argument man, unfortunately.

That said, the Spurs are insanely good, gonna be extremely tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom