• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateDrake

I'm thinking the same thing, would it be a good idea to drop Lafell and get him? I have Cobb on my team too though, so idk if it's a good idea.

I don't know if dropping Lafell would be worth it.

I'm thinking of dropping Michael Crabtree and getting Jones since Crabtree won't do much being on the Raiders.

Finished drafting in a 12 team non-PPR GAF league. What's everyone's thoughts on my team?

QB - Matt Ryan
RB1 - Jamaal Charles
RB2 - Frank Gore
WR1 - DeAndre Hopkins
WR2 - Keenan Allen
WR3 - Steve Smith Sr.
TE - Owen Daniels
Defense - Patriots
Kicker - Nick Folk

Bench:

QB - Joe Flacco
RB - LeGarrette Blount
WR - Eddie Royal
WR - Kendall Wright
WR - Tyler Lockett
TE - Larry Donnell

I had the 1st overall pick and took Charles with it. I'm really happy with my RB's. Got Gore at the beginning of the 3rd round and Blount around the 8th. My WR's are meh but that's why I took so many. Hoping to hit it big with at least one of them.

Here my draft: 16 team Snake Draft, double Flex (WR/RB/TE and WR/TE). I had the 3rd pick:

QB: Eli Manning
RB: Jamaal Charles, Chris Ivory, Bishop Sankey, Roy Helu, Ahmad Bradshaw (lottery ticket if signed after Week 1, still a starting-quality RB in the league)
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Eddie Royal, Brandon Coleman, Dwyane Bowe
TE: Jordan Reed
K: Matt Prater
DEF: Cincinnati

Draft went pretty good early. Couldn't nab Evans in the 2nd but Hopkins is a fine consolation. Ivory in 3rd (35) is going to fly by people because Jets have said he's going to get 3-5 receptions a game as well as be a 15-18 carry guy. 4th round BMarsh and Landry were gone so I went Allen Robinson, who should be a big play guy in Jacksonville. My only real issue was getting sniped on Crowell in the 7th round, as I had no backup pick ready since I would've been picking him 1-2 rounds early; had to use it on Bishop Sankey. My RB core would've been really solid but now not so much...

10 team .5 ppr. Is having gronk and Brady + Cobb and lacy going to be a problem? I wanted Charles but I misclicked with lacy. Having 2 paira of players from 2 teams scares me kinda

Hazelhurst

Here's my 10 team league draft from this past Friday. I picked 2nd.

QB - Tony Romo
WR - Demaryius Thomas
WR - Mike Evans
WR - Jeremy Maclin
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - Darren McFadden
TE - Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Flex - Golden Tate

Bench:
TJ Yeldon
Mike Wallace
Percy Harvin
Jameis Winston
Brian Quick
Tyler Lockett (may put him in the flex spot)

My first three picks were pretty strong. I got Adrian Peterson at the 2nd pick, Demaryius at 19th, and Mike Evans at 22nd. I was hoping to get Megatron, but he got picked at 11th. I'm surprised Demaryius lasted till 19th. The rest of my picks I made some mistakes. I should have planned better to get Arian Foster and Martavis Bryant. I'll take these lessons with me to my next 12 team draft on Tuesday.

Surprisingly, the number one pick was Julio Jones. Now granted, we're in Alabama.

Kas picked Stafford at #2 overall last year in my league so I know it happens. Foster went really late in my draft tonight too. I wasn't paying attention since I was set at RB but I was shocked when I saw him finally get picked.

ACE 1991

I'm wondering how best I should juggle my FLEX spot. Should I be looking to start Ameer Abdullah over Charles Johnson? I worry that the latter isn't going to get a lot of touches, and Charles Johnson looks like he could have a pretty nice year.

my team. for reference (12 man standard):http://i.imgur.com/ynuXvat.png

bchamba

Here's my 10 team league draft from this past Friday. I picked 2nd.

QB - Tony Romo
WR - Demaryius Thomas
WR - Mike Evans
WR - Jeremy Maclin
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - Darren McFadden
TE - Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Flex - Golden Tate

Bench:
TJ Yeldon
Mike Wallace
Percy Harvin
Jameis Winston
Brian Quick
Tyler Lockett (may put him in the flex spot)

My first three picks were pretty strong. I got Adrian Peterson at the 2nd pick, Demaryius at 19th, and Mike Evans at 22nd. I was hoping to get Megatron, but he got picked at 11th. I'm surprised Demaryius lasted till 19th. The rest of my picks I made some mistakes. I should have planned better to get Arian Foster and Martavis Bryant. I'll take these lessons with me to my next 12 team draft on Tuesday.

Surprisingly, the number one pick was Julio Jones. Now granted, we're in Alabama.

In a 10 team league you should have better rb depth I'm sure there are players on the waiver you can pick up. The Dallas situation is so messy no way dmc should be your rb2 yeldon definitely gets the start over him.

Finished drafting in a 12 team non-PPR GAF league. What's everyone's thoughts on my team?

QB - Matt Ryan
RB1 - Jamaal Charles
RB2 - Frank Gore
WR1 - DeAndre Hopkins
WR2 - Keenan Allen
WR3 - Steve Smith Sr.
TE - Owen Daniels
Defense - Patriots
Kicker - Nick Folk

Bench:

QB - Joe Flacco
RB - LeGarrette Blount
WR - Eddie Royal
WR - Kendall Wright
WR - Tyler Lockett
TE - Larry Donnell.

I like the Blount pick. Should be able to mix and match him with Gore once he's back from his suspension. Also nice to see that I'm not the only one who spent a pick on Tyler Lockett in a standard 12-man xD.

Here's my team:

QB: Matthew Stafford
RB1: Eddie Lacy
RB2: Jonathan Stewart
WR1: TY Hilton
WR2: Jordan Matthews
TE: Zach Ertz
Flex/WR3: Amari Cooper
K: Phil Dawson
Def: GB

Bench:
WR4: Jarvis Landry
WR5: Tyler Lockett
RB3: Arian Foster
RB4: Alfred Blue

Originally wanted to go pure zero rb, but ended up with the second pick and drafted Lacy; proceeded to go partial zero rb with my next three picks. Thinking about dropping either Blue or Lockett to get an insurance policy for Ertz if things don't look promising by the end of the week. Thoughts anyone?

Hazelhurst

In a 10 team league you should have better rb depth I'm sure there are players on the waiver you can pick up. The Dallas situation is so messy no way dmc should be your rb2 yeldon definitely gets the start over him.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. It would be nice if Yeldon has the type of rookie success that Lacy had. I'm just curious to see how McFadden does with Dallas' strong offensive line.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. It would be nice if Yeldon has the type of rookie success that Lacy had. I'm just curious to see how McFadden does with Dallas' strong offensive line.

With Michael coming in, Dallas' RB situation kind of worries me. If he's available in your league, you might want to consider him as a cuff.

I'm drafting 3rd overall in a 10-team PPR league.

Strongly considering taking Antonio Brown or Dez Bryant at that position. I'm not a fan of any of the top RBs.

Am I insane?

Had my 2nd draft this weekend. Picked 11 out of 12 and ended up with:

QB Tony Romo/Joe Flacco
RB CJ Anderson/TJ Yeldon/A. Blue/Doug Martin
WR Dez/AJ Green/D. Hopkins/Malcolm Floyd
TE Donnell/Reed
D Broncos
K S. Janikowski

It's an ESPN league (the other one I do is Yahoo) and the commish said that on ESPN TD pass values are higher which meant QBs started going sooner than usual, but I feel alight about my squad. Decent balance. I'm banking on Blue getting a lot of PT and Arian not making a miracle comback though. I have him (and Yeldon) in both of my leagues.

Week one and full season TE ppr league who would you take?

Tyler Eifert
Zachary ertz
Jordan reed
Larry donnel?

I took Reed but I'd be cautious of starting him Week 1. The potential is there with every other Skins TE being injured but he has a crap QB and he tends to get hurt a lot himself. I'd probably go with Ertz week 1 off that list.

Sumidor

Week one and full season TE ppr league who would you take?

Tyler Eifert
Zachary ertz
Jordan reed
Larry donnel?

I like Reed or Eifert. Even though, both their QBs are issues though.

Reed, because he's their number 1, and when he's healthy, he puts up nice numbers.

Eifert, he's coming back from an injury, but Graham is out of the picture, and he should be their number 2 receiving option.

I don't like Ertz, because he's had a terrible training camp and he's playing behind Celek. If he was the starter, he'd be a great TE, but he just doesn't play enough snaps.

Donnel is too touchdown dependant. You take away his 3 touchdown performance, and no one would even think of him as a fantasy TE.

Personally if he's available, I like streaming Ladarius Green while Gates is out. But if you're looking for a year long TE, I'd go Eifert or Reed.

woodchuck

I took Reed but I'd be cautious of starting him Week 1. The potential is there with every other Skins TE being injured but he has a crap QB and he tends to get hurt a lot himself. I'd probably go with Ertz week 1 off that list.

I would not go with ertz week 1. Dude just had surgery and is a game time decision.

Id take Donnell against a terrible dallas defense week 1. I know he's TD dependent, but against the Cowboys, I think he'll get some good yards.

Ok, thanks. Any general advice for juggling bench/starters at the flex spot? New to fantasy.

To be honest, this is my first year playing with a FLEX spot as well, so I'm not an expert at it despite playing fantasy for a good number of years. General rule of thumb though, I've won a few leagues with it, is to pay attention to what teams your players are up against if you want to play the matchup game. Check the scouting reports for injuries and/or, as with this case, potential fringe players getting a start. It's all crapshoot tbh; although history has proven time and time again that WRs tend to be a bit more consistent than RBs production wise.

That being said, if you're completely new, the best advice I can give you is to trust your gut instinct despite what anyone else tells you. I can't tell you how many times I read every fantasy expert out there tell me to draft Montee Ball in the first round last year only to have him flame out after the first few weeks...

Mirimar

I'm trying to understand why ppl are dropping darren McFadden. He's set to start, but I guess the committee is stopping anyone from starting him? He was just dropped in my league and I'm tempted to pick him up off waivers. I'm not worried about Randle so much.

woodchuck

I'm trying to understand why ppl are dropping darren McFadden. He's set to start, but I guess the committee is stopping anyone from starting him? He was just dropped in my league and I'm tempted to pick him up off waivers. I'm not worried about Randle so much.

I think he's worth a stash even with Michael on the team now. Low risk high reward

I just cannot see a likely scenario where he's their #1 RB. Even if he does well, he'll be splitting carries with Randle, so there's not a lot of potential upside. That said, I have Randle, and am very nervous about using him. The whole RB situation in Dallas is just fucked from a fantasy football perspective...for the time being, at least.

mr2xxx

Banned
18 man IDP PPR league
15 starters with 3 bench and crazy scoring bonuses

QB: Palmer/Tyrod Taylor
RB: Ellington/Spiller
WR: Beckham/Evans/J.Brown
TE: Gronk
D: Dallas
K: Haushka
DL: Quinn, Ninkovich
LB: S.Lee, P.Brown, S.Barrington
DB: Weddle, P.Cox, T. Johnson

Mirimar

I just cannot see a likely scenario where he's their #1 RB. Even if he does well, he'll be splitting carries with Randle, so there's not a lot of potential upside. That said, I have Randle, and am very nervous about using him. The whole RB situation in Dallas is just fucked from a fantasy football perspective...for the time being, at least.

I find it strange because the season hasn't even started yet. You could at least hold him for trades in case he does end up doing work. It's a waste to drop him to waivers. My bench is already crowded too, but sure someone will pick him up

The entire Dallad situation is just sticky. I mean, theoretically I guess McFadden owners could do what I did w Forsett and Baltimore last year. Pick a horse and ride him....but ugh. It's just too early for this sort of mess.

ACE 1991

To be honest, this is my first year playing with a FLEX spot as well, so I'm not an expert at it despite playing fantasy for a good number of years. General rule of thumb though, I've won a few leagues with it, is to pay attention to what teams your players are up against if you want to play the matchup game. Check the scouting reports for injuries and/or, as with this case, potential fringe players getting a start. It's all crapshoot tbh; although history has proven time and time again that WRs tend to be a bit more consistent than RBs production wise.

That being said, if you're completely new, the best advice I can give you is to trust your gut instinct despite what anyone else tells you. I can't tell you how many times I read every fantasy expert out there tell me to draft Montee Ball in the first round last year only to have him flame out after the first few weeks...

Thanks man. I can't imagine I'll need to do much rotating with my lineup given my starters, but I'll definitely pay attention to my QB matchups since I'll definitely want to swap Rothlisberger for Stafford here and there.

bchamba

18 man IDP PPR league
15 starters with 3 bench and crazy scoring bonuses

QB: Palmer/Tyrod Taylor
RB: Ellington/Spiller
WR: Beckham/Evans/J.Brown
TE: Gronk
D: Dallas
K: Haushka
DL: Quinn, Ninkovich
LB: S.Lee, P.Brown, S.Barrington
DB: Weddle, P.Cox, T. Johnson

I've never played in an IDP. Is it normal to have the IDP players and then also have to start a team defense?

RBH

12-man PPR league on Yahoo, drafted 8th overall:

FBwU7lQ.png

I dunno, not feeling my team as much as previous years. Kinda went with some lottery tickets with Duke and David Johnson on the bench since there wasn't much left over otherwise.

bchamba

I dunno, not feeling my team as much as previous years. Kinda went with some lottery tickets with Duke and David Johnson on the bench since there wasn't much left over otherwise.

If that's your actual lineup for week 1 you should move Murray to the flex. Wondered who I wasn't seeing when looking at your starters and it looked like you were missing a 3rd or 4th round pick.

mr2xxx

Banned
I've never played in an IDP. Is it normal to have the IDP players and then also have to start a team defense?

Just depends on the league really since there is no standard IDP set up. I've only played in two leagues with IDP players and both have team D.

RBH

If that's your actual lineup for week 1 you should move Murray to the flex. Wondered who I wasn't seeing when looking at your starters and it looked like you were missing a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Oh yeah, I just screenshotted my lineup immediately after the draft without setting the lineup yet, so Murray is my Flex for sure to start off.

Any feedback for my draft?
Here my draft: 16 team Snake Draft, double Flex (WR/RB/TE and WR/TE). I had the 3rd pick:

QB: Eli Manning
RB: Jamaal Charles, Chris Ivory, Bishop Sankey, Roy Helu, Ahmad Bradshaw (lottery ticket if signed after Week 1, still a starting-quality RB in the league)
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Eddie Royal, Brandon Coleman, Dwyane Bowe
TE: Jordan Reed
K: Matt Prater
DEF: Cincinnati

Draft went pretty good early. Couldn't nab Evans in the 2nd but Hopkins is a fine consolation. Ivory in 3rd (35) is going to fly by people because Jets have said he's going to get 3-5 receptions a game as well as be a 15-18 carry guy. 4th round BMarsh and Landry were gone so I went Allen Robinson, who should be a big play guy in Jacksonville. My only real issue was getting sniped on Crowell in the 7th round, as I had no backup pick ready since I would've been picking him 1-2 rounds early; had to use it on Bishop Sankey. My RB core would've been really solid but now not so much...

FBwU7lQ.png

Help me out, who was your 1st/2nd pick? I'm only seeing Julio. Am I missing a name somewhere?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
My 12-team ppr dynasty draft is tomrrow and i'm going back and forth with how I should approach the first 2 two picks.

my keepers:
Antonio Brown
Jeremy Hill
A. Ellington
T. Kelce

My first round pick (pick 4) will give me the option of Forte or Julio Jones.

Going with Forte is the safe option... It will net me an above average stable of RBs, but will leave me pretty mediocre at WR. I'm guessing my round 2 pick will net me someone like golden tate or a bit lower / in that area....

If I go with Julio Jones i'm risking a lot.... itll provide 2 elite WRs... and as a 2nd rnd pick I'd prob go WR again... it just leaves me relying on a fragile ellington and Hill...the next pick I would get is the end of round 4 ( keeping brown for round 3)... and looking at the possible back up RBs there...im guessing/hoping danny woodhead/alfred blue/devonta freeman/etc. - in actuality the pickins will be even more slim by then. I really have no issue playing the waiver and just taking a bunch of handcuffs and hoping to hit the lotto on one.

I feel like even though Forte sounds safer, hes not projecting that great of a season and i'll be very frustrated if/when he gets injured. The next best talent of RB in our pool after forte is Gore/DougMartin...so really slim choices and im not sure its smart to pass on the last quality rb...also i'm hesitant because i'd essentially be drafting forte as a safety net for my RBs, but if ellington gets injured and forte goes down ( a very likely outcome) i'm really fucked. which makes the forte route seem a lot more risky since id be wasting the picks on him and forgoing getting top wr talent... either way if my RBs get injured I'll need to hit the lotto with a waiver rb, the forte option just might delay the neccessity a little later into the season.

Forte option is a little safer, but leaves me a bit weaker
Julio option is a lot riskier, but starts me in a strong outcome for the season

I just want to know: Am I dumb to pass on Forte, when there isnt much else in the RB pool.

anyways.. i know its difficult to get the gist of a keeper league adn all that is available etc. but any insight and opinions would be really helpful.

thanks in advance.

as much as im leaning Julio... i think forte is may be the correct pick...just not too confident with ellingtons production as I was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom