• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Microsoft E3 Conference

How many shirts will Phil Spencer wear?

Results are only viewable after voting.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Son of a bitch! Screw you MS. I figured you gave up this gen, specs were sub par, games where meh. I went and bought a PS4 this gen figuring you gave up. Was planning on going hard core Sony and giving up Live and then you pull this @#$%! You fricken killed it, backward compatability, GEARs, anything from Bethesda, Halo, Forza, Windows 10, Live...

My wife will be pissed...

1b31a7473fed320aab61fc0e93158176a1ef09de4156ba7e3c718e5999d700fb.jpg

Solid conference. It's great to see both Sony and MS have great friggin lineups for next year. Absolutely loathed that Halo demo but I will trust Frankie's word that the final game won't be like that most of the time.

Absolutely stoked for Rare's new game. Looks great.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Son of a bitch! Screw you MS. I figured you gave up this gen, specs were sub par, games where meh. I went and bought a PS4 this gen figuring you gave up. Was planning on going hard core Sony and giving up Live and then you pull this @#$%! You fricken killed it, backward compatability, GEARs, anything from Bethesda, Halo, Forza, Windows 10, Live...

My wife will be pissed...

You didn't expect a gears, Halo or Forza game? heck,we've had two forzas and a halo game already.

After this conference....

I am jumping aboard Xbox One! (Sadly due to building new PC I can do it right now. But in autumn or in December! No hesitation anymore!)
Lead the way Phil!

Fletcher

E3 isn't doing it for me this year. This was a kinda of boring conference, too. Good on them for showing games coming out this year, but they really needed something else.

Rare games looks ok.

The conference is quite solid and I really like it. I am really interested in Ashen and looking forward to seeing more details.

Not gonna compare it to Sony conference. Nothing can really beat a conference full of Shenmue 3 and FFVII remake. That bar is too high.

Bsigg12

They're not going to talk about American football at Gamescom in Germany.

Being that they are seemingly holding another major press conference, something they didn't do year, I could see it happening. There will be a lot of people tuning in for Quantam Break, Scalebound and Crackdown, what a perfect time to drop in a new game. We will see though.

rrc1594

Being that they are seemingly holding another major press conference, something they didn't do year, I could see it happening. There will be a lot of people tuning in for Quantam Break, Scalebound and Crackdown, what a perfect time to drop in a new game. We will see though.

I want to see more of ReCore that's for sure

Metalmarc

Well i gotta admit, i enjoyed Microsoft more than Sony, Last gen i owned all 3 consoles. This Gen, so far only Ps4 & WiiU, I knew eventually I would buy a Xbox One, I was just waiting for the right announcements.

When i watched Sonys conference, well i consider myself only a casual gamer, so all this FF7, Last Guardian and Shenmue stuff did not interest me, only Street Fighter 5 and the Star Wars & Uncharted stuff at the end was the stuff i liked, they didnt spend a lot of time on anything interesting hardly and just whizzed through a lot of it.
I probably am only in the minority that the conference didn't impress though.

Whereas with Xbox i liked what they showed with, Backwards comptability, Gears of war, the new controller, Recore, Tomb Raider, Gears 4 (I'm sure when we see more it will look excellent) all the Rare games for $30 etc.

Plus there a few other games already out on the Xbox One that i want to play.

So i think Next Christmas I'm hoping they release a Gears of War themed Xbox one with 1TB HDD or who knows by then they may introduce a 2TB model, plus there will be more games that are on the backwards compatibilty list by then, so i think thats when i will buy one, or who knows maybe even this coming Spring if i cant wait long enough.

By no means am i getting rid of any console though, i plan to keep both and add a Xbox one to my console collection finally.

krang

I felt like I wasn't amazed by the conference, and yet I came away feeling pre-emptively very poor from all the Xbox game purchases I will need to make this year.

Welfare

Xbox COD fans can't cope we their lord COD leaving them.

Every competitive COD player bought an Xbox One and are accustomed to that controller. I don't think they want to buy a new $399 console to play CoD.

Oh jeez it's the 7th most trending in the US.

RotTR is exactly that. That being said Sony was ripe with these. FF7 being the biggest.

Those are exclusive games or games with exclusivity deals which is expected after all.

MS sort of lead the way with the exclusive DLC or download DLC first on XB1 which almost everybody hated. This conference had none of that, people initially thought Fallout 4 would be that but no it was mod support.

Now I'm hoping that Gamescom focuses on 2016+

That seemed to be the case. E3 focused on games releasing this or early next year. Gamescom games are probably releasing Summer or Holiday 2016.

I just watch this all for Halo 5 though <3

Ushay

Those are exclusive games or games with exclusivity deals which is expected after all.

MS sort of lead the way with the exclusive DLC or download DLC first on XB1 which almost everybody hated. This conference had none of that, people initially thought Fallout 4 would be that but no it was mod support.

That seemed to be the case. E3 focused on games releasing this or early next year. Gamescom games are probably releasing Summer or Holiday 2016.

I just watch this all for Halo 5 though <3
True. Really liking the direction MS has adopted.

Poona

I'm feeling depressed that Banjo and Perfect Dark probably will never get sequels again.

Very much doubt it. I really can't imagine that Banjo and Kazooie are dead. They are basically Rare's mascots and to think that we wouldn't see them again, just seems wrong.

Joanna Dark. Being a fps not sure about. They should probably change it to third person if another game is made with her.

ST3K3LLY

Banned
I wanted more forza to be shown but all in all it was excellent for the 2nd year running. Loads of exclusive games and lots of diversity. I like how the games shown will be out before the next e3 so next year they can show some different games....

rrc1594

I wanted more forza to be shown but all in all it was excellent for the 2nd year running. Loads of exclusive games and lots of diversity. I like how the games shown will be out before the next e3 so next year they can show some different games....

Yep. The only thing that should pop up next E3 is GoW4 and Rare's game. Hopefully there big games for first half of the year are Scalebound, ReCore, and QB.

Overall:

The EA bit was useless.
Forza should have had a gameplay demo
Gears of War 4 demo should have been shorter, more grittier. Would not be surprised if they put this together at last moment
Halo Lens demo was ok.
Should have had some stuff on QB, Scalebound, Crackdown. Just trailers (in-game)

Top Bottom