• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Albert Penello downplays XBO/PS4 difference in Tomb Raider; "we just shipped"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bgamer90

Banned
Except when you have to first install the game for about double the time i takes on the ps4 or you have to download a 13gb patch

Don't see what that has to do with what I said but ok?

I've been going digital anyway so I have to wait to play due to downloading (though not for that long since I have an 85 Mbps connection).

commedieu

Banned
imax...

what the fuck? Shut the hell up. Stop bullshiting. Your'e commenting on technical specs. its a 0 or 1 situation here. 1 is greater than 0. Performance is based on these specific numerical data sets. Performance isn't subjective.

STOP. God damn.. lol. what the hell. No one says a honda civic feels faster than a ariel atom, and thats how it will be advertised.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
iHVARrzOuoCQG.gif

ku-xlarge.gif

8JwYotl.gif

Same thing.

Well stand back 50 feet and the bottom gif will look same...whats the problem? - Albert

It's like, we're the movie theater that has all the blockbuster movies, and has the most screens, and then somebody has figured out that there's also another movie theater that has less screens but if you look at this one movie, like, sometimes it looks better on their screen. And in our movie theater, sometimes some of our movies look better.

You know what, I think the games on PS4 look fantastic, I play them, I enjoy them...it's a great thing for this industry that they have success...at the end of the day, if I have to pick one box, I'm gonna pick ours. I work here, so I root for the home team.

LOL ... I can't believe this is what he said...sounds straight from some Onion article. This is just ridiculous and words out of some middle school kid.

Good thing he is just lurking on Gaf and not posting as he will be shredded to pieces after these kinds of comments.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I've been going digital anyway so I have to wait to play due to downloading (though not for that long since I have an 85 Mbps connection).

That is because they botched the DL and play aspect along with the patches, installs and load times.

So you're saying that performance will continue to improve on the Xbox but devs are going to drop optimization on the PS4? Does that make any sense?

Do you really believe that? It's like having two videocards with one less performant than the other and expecting them to miraculously be at near parity someday due to drive upgrades and code optimization. That never, ever happens.

Come on, people. "Period. End of Story." clearly means he was joking.

Tsundere

Banned
I'm just learning Python but

def higher_performance(PS4, Xbox):
if Xbox > PS4:
print "Xbox One. The DirectX guys really worked some magic here"
else:
print "PS4."

Not sure what Penello's code would look like. It would use the cloud in some way thought I bet.

Output:
Code:
PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4PS4 ...

imax...

what the fuck? Shut the hell up. Stop bullshiting. Your'e commenting on technical specs. its a 0 or 1 situation here. 1 is greater than 0. Performance is based on these specific numerical data sets. Performance isn't subjective.

STOP. God damn.. lol. what the hell. No one says a honda civic feels faster than a ariel atom, and thats how it will be advertised.

You just don't understand. It's like... we have a leopard, and it's a great leopard, but it's got worms. And no one likes a wormy leopard, right? But our leopard actually has a great face and knows things. That's the situation I'm in with the X-Box One, here, and I just feel like it's crazy that these inane fans can't see that.

I don't understand on why they insist on picking this fight more and more. Microsoft should just avoid discussing the Powergap and Resolution Differences/Performance Differences. Just makes them seem worse to try and deny it, for some reason. They need to just accept they lost and never discuss this stuff.

jaaz

Sometimes I feel bad and embarrassed by how poorly some members of this community treat people like Major Nelson or Albert Penello. Maybe they did things wrong or misrepresented certain things, but it doesn't give people license to treat them like shit (especially for the fact that they are themselves members of the NeoGAF community). And these same people wonder why Penello doesn't 'show his face and explain himself'.

Sometimes these people say downright ridiculous and wrong things, but come on guys, show some class. Imagine someone went through your post history and started shitting all over comments you made and create a forum meme about it?

Not sure if serious. This isn't kindergarten. If these corporate mouthpieces can't take people questioning the veracity of what they are saying, they should get the hell out of the business world and go join a monastery. Drop the nanny state act please.

Seriously, you are better off feeling bad for all of the people being duped by their misrepresentations and buying a technically inferior machine for $100 more than they should have spent in the first place.

I don't understand on why they insist on picking this fight more and more. Microsoft should just avoid discussing the Powergap and Resolution Differences/Performance Differences. Just makes them seem worse to try and deny it, for some reason. They need to just accept they lost and never discuss this stuff.
If you keep this shit up you're going to lose your tag. Get on track dude.

Unless I penelloed the reading of the Amazon numbers...
Can this be a thing, pleaseeeee?

It's rough trying to listen to this podcast... ugh, I can't stand the bs these guys spew. Anyone got a timestamp on that silly movie theater quote?

SSM25

Joke? it drops into the teens at times.

I'm lost now, I have no Idea who's been sarcastic and who isn't.

Oh, no sarcasm here. I missed all the analyses and stuff... And seemed to me like it was brought to all One/PS4 discussions as the pinnacle in graphics for of the launch window of both consoles.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Seriously, you are better off feeling bad for all of the people being duped by their misrepresentations and buying a technically inferior machine for $100 more than they should have spent in the first place.
That's a good point. We have lots of people that were duped by Penello shady shit in tech threads, based on the amount of people that quoted him while congratulating him on pwning the ones that questioned Microsoft's statements.

Of course the people that did that have either been banned or are so far out there that you can't save them with reason. But there is a silent lurking majority.

JLeack

Banned
You guys are pretty serious about this stuff.

I have both versions in my possession right now. As far as I could tell, they both appeared roughly the same to me.

If I had some data logging software I know is see a difference, but to my gamer eyes both are great.

fantomena

I have both versions in my possession right now. As far as I could tell, they both appeared roughly the same to me.

If I had some data logging software I know is see a difference, but to my gamer eyes both are great.

Pics please.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops

Congratulation, you can't tell the difference in FPS. That means you never have to build an expensive PC.

*big boot*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom