• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien: Isolation |OT| 1 Alien. 1 Ripley. No Jonesy.

Linconan

that not a US thing? its not available at GS or amazon for me-
edit:I see its for the AUS store...well good for you guys :(
What?
You guys don't have Ripley Edition? or a way to get The Survivor Content?
That's strange,
Maybe your Nostromo Edition contains everything in one pack. Maybe then?

What?
You guys don't have Ripley Edition? or a way to get The Survivor Content?
That's strange,
Maybe your Nostromo Edition contains everything in one pack. Maybe then?

sorry-on last page-

Gamestop has exclusive rights to survivor content in the states- no cool tin/no art book here-

amazon just has digital comic and crew expendable dlc

edit-meaning im hitting the one around the block on way home-wanted to pick up forza horizon 2 anyways :)

damn you gamestop damn you

rou021

FYI, Green Man Gaming has the Nostromo Edition for PC on sale at ~$38. Use the code OCTOBE-R25OFF-GMGXXX during checkout.

Jobbs

Banned
anyone else finding themselves wanting to watch the original movie again before the game comes out? maybe this weekend. I haven't seen it in years.

Listonosh

My big fear is that this will be short (4 hours short), I know the developers have touted 15 hours, but that has to be on the slowest play pace. If the average falls in 8-10 I will be happy.

I think I read somewhere it has around 16-18 missions, so if that's the case, I can definitely see it be 10+ hours

anyone else finding themselves wanting to watch the original movie again before the game comes out? maybe this weekend. I haven't seen it in years.

I'll try to find some time to watch it tomorrow, I'm sure there'll be a lot of references to the movie in the game

Hopefully the alien doesn't just show up for 5 minutes in the end.
agreed

side note:is Jonesy in the preorder DLC?

i dont see that sly SOB in the pic
alien-isolation-dlc.jpg

Gonna watch it again this weekend.
I saw it a couple of weeks ago; Sky TV renamed one of their channels 'Sky Aliens HD'and ran all the old alien and predator movies.

Jimmydg

OH DEAR!!!!!!

The Human AI is super dumb, none of the environmental distractions seem work either!!!

This is a 6 minute encounter i had with a group of human AI.....

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x274424_alien-isolation-dumb-human-ai-xbox-360_videogames

Now maybe this is because its on the Xbox 360 version and hopefully the AI is better on current gen systems......hopefully

I think it was a series of unfortunate. I don't know, the first guy didn't see you (some mini-glitch by the radius of vision it seems), but the second one see you and immediately shoot you.

So far I have seen, the ambience speaks for itself, having a narrative Bioshock style (recordings, scenario ...) and a Outlast gameplay style, although more varied, with a lot of enemies.

I love the Alien delay in making its appearance, will give more stress and strain.

For those who are playing now, how about the plot? How about the variety of objectives? Similar objectives but like Bioshock, ambience, gameplay and narrative are so good that they like each target entertaining although they seem similar?

And one question about the embargo. I don't have idea how the US hours works. In Europe when the embargo ends?

Seems like the game is already for sale in the Netherlands. Bart Smit ( a retailer ) seems to be selling ( according to a comment on budgetgaming.nl )

This game looks neat, but I still don't get it exactly.

So you run around in first person, solving puzzles and trying to avoid the Xenomorph? So it's basically all tension and stealth?

What's the gameplay loop like? Is there any combat with other characters of any sort, or is it just you and the alien? I'm not saying the game NEEDS combat, I'm just not sure.

How much do we really know about the game?

Lettuce

I think it was a series of unfortunate. I don't know, the first guy didn't see you (some mini-glitch by the radius of vision it seems), but the second one see you and immediately shoot you.

So far I have seen, the ambience speaks for itself, having a narrative Bioshock style (recordings, scenario ...) and a Outlast gameplay style, although more varied, with a lot of enemies.

Yeah i dont have a problem with the first guy not seeing me, its the guy after i dispatch the guy by the door way. He fires off a couple of shots which is fair enough, but the same guy is standing in the same position with his gun pointing at the door like 5 minutes later when i get around behind him.

Also activating the speaker over in the far corner doesn't draw any ones attention

I love the Alien delay in making its appearance, will give more stress and strain.

Man theres a bit after you kinda see someone get dispatched by the Alien for the first time and your wait for an elevator to come, and this music starts playing and you can hear the Alien nearby and your just like 'Hurry the fuck up elevator' pushing the button constantly....dont think ive shouted at the TV so much in ages

The street date seemingly being broken everywhere is a bit irritating. I live in a small town in Colorado and I can get any of the mom and pop places to sell me a copy despite already having them.

AHA-Lambda

I'm predicting/hoping for a lot of good reviews but I do expect a few that complaint that the game may be too hard cos of the Alien being able to one hit kill you.

Meesh

Looking forward to this, not just because it's an Alien game with some promise but because it sounds like an interesting story. Go figure, a game with a story...hopefully it's told well enough, I'm a stickler for delivery. Anyways one of the big draws for me is obviously the main protag who's Riply's daughter and spiritual successor, which means a lot to me being "they" killed off most of the great characters so this is a great way of bringing back the feels. The whole idea behind Isolation has me itching to play and imagining what might unfold.
Nope, as pretty as Elizabeth is, Amanda Ripley's look is clearly based on the actress who plays her - mo cap and voice - Kesia Burrows. Kesia is also the awesome Niln from Remember Me.

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm3334143/
Kesia also happens to be my sisters name ;)

komplanen

So what's the word? On this page alone some people are suggesting the AI is bad and that it doesn't look good?

I *need* this game to be good, God damn it!

you want the alien to be there immediately and chase you for 8 hours? haha

pacing man-

edit:STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRSSSSS!

Pacing I get.. but damn.. 1 hour is terrible pacing. And even if it's 1 hour.. at least entertain the gamer with something to do besides roam around. It would have been nice to see other soliders or people and talk with them.. maybe get sent to fix stuff in the basement or something.

I'm getting it anyway but damn.. I want to see more.

Pacing I get.. but damn.. 1 hour is terrible pacing. And even if it's 1 hour.. at least entertain the gamer with something to do besides roam around. It would have been nice to see other soliders or people and talk with them.. maybe get sent to fix stuff in the basement or something.

Makes sense to me. The game is constantly (a) teaching you game mechanics that will help with escape and survival and (b) the Alien is basically the boss that mops up now and then.

The tension and visual design in the stream has been amazing.

I'm getting it anyway but damn.. I want to see more.
nah man I hear you. I have avoided the streams so I don't know what to expect. after the egx overview I was sold on the game. it could be terrible-but what I saw shown which was being played:I will gladly throw money at the creative assembly for this :)

Jimmydg

Man theres a bit after you kinda see someone get dispatched by the Alien for the first time and your wait for an elevator to come, and this music starts playing and you can hear the Alien nearby and your just like 'Hurry the fuck up elevator' pushing the button constantly....dont think ive shouted at the TV so much in ages

This sounds amazing!! :D

Tomorrow at 15:00 (GMT+2).

Thanks! I think the review's score it's going to be between 8-9,5 :O :p

Top Bottom