• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alt-right creates "Rape Melania" sign to smear anti-Trump protesters

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gonna be a long four years, case file #431998428454107

BuzzFeed News said:
Less than a week after last year’s presidential election, a Trump supporter named Alan Beck tweeted two photographs of an anti-Trump protest in Washington, DC, in which a hooded figure held aloft a sign reading “Rape Melania.” The images went viral, and the sign — as well as Twitter — drew swift condemnation from news outlets both right and left.

Some Trump supporters took the sign as confirmation that the passionate national opposition to the president-elect was ultimately anarchic and violent. (Many of these supporters had drawn a similar conclusion about the #BlackLivesMatter movement.) “The current surge in the left’s propensity toward violence and mayhem should surprise no one,” wrote one InfoWars commenter. And to some Clinton supporters, the sign was a gutting refutation of Michelle Obama’s “when they go low, we go high” speech and a reminder that Trump rallies didn’t hold a monopoly on menace.

But, BuzzFeed News has learned, the “Rape Melania” sign was not the work of an anti-Trump protestor at all. Instead, according to sources, it was the brainchild of a group of Trump supporters led by Jack Posobiec, one of the organizers of the controversial Deploraball inauguration party and a prominent figure in the pro-Trump internet.

CbLJKKA.jpg

3huSBt3.jpg

5ERgPVn.jpg

Whompa02

They're only worsening their own case as deplorable human beings...the alt right is absolute trash and enabling them to come out and troll public protests is a disgrace.

They're filth.

GhaleonEB

Everyone is facing the building, but that sign is turned around to face the photographer. About as blatant as a backwards 'B'.

Platy

It is like drawing a swastika on his star in the walk of fame ... the difference is that not everyone remembers that some supporters are totaly ok of grabbing a woman by her genitals

Kettch

They're only worsening their own case as deplorable human beings...the alt right is absolute trash and enabling them to come out and troll public protests is a disgrace.

They're filth.

Nah, tons of people will see the initial reports and never hear about this story. It's disgusting, but effective.

SeanR1221

Now I'm becoming one of the things I roll my eyes at on gaf (relating to the story in anyway possible) but I actually went to high school with Jack. I knew he was staunchly republican but I didn't realize how big of an internet name he was. Looking around he was also accused of something involving the dumb pizza gate stuff.

I recently saw him at my gym, instructing someone on how to lift and he looks like he's never lifted weights. I LOLd.

This is why they also want to discredit the media. If there is no referee then it only matters what you want to believe is true.

Now I'm becoming one of the things I roll my eyes at on gaf (relating to the story in anyway possible) but I actually went to high school with Jack. I knew he was staunchly republican but I didn't realize how big of an internet name he was. Looking around he was also accused of something involving the dumb pizza gate stuff.

I recently saw him at my gym, instructing someone on how to lift and he looks like he's never lifted weights. I LOLd.
go kick his ass he sounds like a douchebag

or politely reprimand him while drinking tea

.JayZii

Banned
Yes, the politically correct, equality seeking, safe space craving crybabies are out endorsing rape. A brilliant gambit by these alpha males.

Do they have real evidence for this? I mean, not that I don't believe this as it's standard black propaganda tactics used by activists, but this just isn't a very reliable news source.

bionic77

It is going to very surreal watching the shitheads ruin this country and make America a real villain on the global stage.

SeanR1221

go kick his ass he sounds like a douchebag

or politely reprimand him while drinking tea

Rofl. He was like making these motions with his hands instructing someone how to use the leg press. I just started cracking up. He was always a super awkward dude in high school.

I've heard about these people. They are 4chan peeps that purposely do this to cause a divide and stir. They also are doing this within progressives and the democratic party to further divide us with the #NoMorewhitedemocrats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom