• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.co.jp is now offering international shipping for games and consoles

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
After reading this thread, what's so bad about Play-asia?

After reading this thread, what's so bad about Play-asia?

More expensive and their shipping can be a bit slow at times, probably several people that got burned by Vita Digimon in here.

Then again this is only for Japanese releases, people still have to look elsewhere for English Asia versions of games.

Mendrox

what about weapon, armor, item descriptions ?

Like with any imported japanese title that I play I will just do trial and error or use google translator with my smartphone if I really need help (or go to gamefaqs). It's not like that Souls games have many things where you have to read.

Armor? Pictures. Level stats? Symbols. What are they talking about? This game is english dub only. It's not as bad as that sounds. Some people would be surprised how rarely you need to know the language.

But I am also one crazy guy that modded his PS2 back then (at age 14) to import Kingdom Hearts 2 and play through it.

Looks like ordering Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 from Amazon(without the special Amazon extra) actually comes out cheaper than buying it digitally from the e-shop even with shipping included.

I usually just go digital to avoid the hassle but I guess I might as well get the physical copy.

Huh could have been nice if I waited a few hours. Just bought dark souls 3 for 7500 yen s few hours ago. But do Amazon jp sell the Asian version with English subtitles? Sorry if it had been answered already.

Sakura

Huh could have been nice if I waited a few hours. Just bought dark souls 3 for 7500 yen s few hours ago. But do Amazon jp sell the Asian version with English subtitles? Sorry if it had been answered already.

No, Amazon Japan sells Japanese versions.

brassica

If I try to buy a code for a 3DS game, it still tell me they can't ship to my country (France).
Same if I try to buy ESHOP points card.
Everything seems fine when I add a physical game.
Any idea what am I doing wrong?

Putosaure

If I try to buy a code for a 3DS game, it still tell me they can't ship to my country (France).

Maybe they think about region locking of the codes.

Netto-kun

If you are buying digital 3DS games through Amazon JP you need to add a Japanese billing information. After adding the information you can still use your French card to buy digital games from there.

Yeah, it wouldn't let me purchase eShop game codes either (Australia). Shame. They're a fair bit cheaper than the actual eShop.

KtSlime

Rakuten has been offering this for years, so I don't really see this as a game changer. But it's nice that there is another option to import Japanese games.

brassica

If you are buying digital 3DS games through Amazon JP you need to add a Japanese billing information. After adding the information you can still use your French card to buy digital games from there.

Thanks, this worked!
I added the adress of the hotel I usually stay in while visiting Japan and I could go to the payment page.

Gu4n

I've been using Solaris Japan for the longest time now and have been planning to do all-digital as of the PS4 I got last week, so this change in Amazon Japan's policy doesn't mean a lot to me personally. It's a great decision by Amazon regardless.

Stuart444

It's too bad Amazon isn't selling SO5 directly at the moment.

Amazon Japan? They are. Looked it up, all 3 (2 different PS4 listings and a PS3 listing) could be shipped to me as well.

Also I was very tempted to order Pokemon Green since it says I can. Costs £15ish overall (including shipping and import taxes). Also tempted to get Zero no Kiseki Evo but I might find that and Ao cheaper while I'm over there next month.

Still Amazon Japan selling games is great, their shipping is super quick usually and they collect import taxes right away and refund you the difference if the import taxes are less than what they said. So no getting a surprise bill through the door (after the games been delivered) like I have with Fed Ex several times :/

Maybe they will expand it sometime to allow fulfilled by Amazon but until then, this is still pretty cool.

mao2

Wow this is awesome. Amazon Japan usually give good discounts for pre-order games. And with no consumption tax and affordable shipping, they're probably the best option for importers. Let's hope shipping isn't slow and sucky though.

televator

Do I have to have a new account? I can't seem to log in with my US info. Never had an issue logging into an Amazon EU and the new MX pages.

Gu4n

Amazon Japan? They are. Looked it up, all 3 (2 different PS4 listings and a PS3 listing) could be shipped to me as well.

Also I was very tempted to order Pokemon Green since it says I can. Costs £15ish overall (including shipping and import taxes). Also tempted to get Zero no Kiseki Evo but I might find that and Ao cheaper while I'm over there next month.

Still Amazon Japan selling games is great, their shipping is super quick usually and they collect import taxes right away and refund you the difference if the import taxes are less than what they said. So no getting a surprise bill through the door (after the games been delivered) like I have with Fed Ex several times :/

Maybe they will expand it sometime to allow fulfilled by Amazon but until then, this is still pretty cool.
As a minor heads-up: Zero no Kiseki Evo's about 2000 yen cheaper in Book-Offs than what Amazon Japan has listed; Zero and Ao vanilla go typically for ~650 yen and 250 yen, respectively, depending on which package you're looking for. So yes, you're better off waiting. :)

Stuart444

As a minor heads-up: Zero no Kiseki Evo's about 2000 yen cheaper in Book-Offs than what Amazon Japan has listed; Zero and Ao vanilla go typically for ~650 yen and 250 yen, respectively, depending on which package you're looking for. So yes, you're better off waiting. :)

Ty for the heads up! Only reason I'm considering the Evos is because they are on Vita while the originals are PSP. (Vita means I can use my modded vita to play it on a bigger screen lol).

Though for that price, the original versions would be tempting regardless haha.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Of course, just wondering if they might sell the Asian versions.
As far as I can tell from my experience (live in Japan, occasionally import games off Amazon), Amazon doesn't directly sell the Asian versions of Japanese/non-Japanese games. Instead, that seems to entirely be done through 3rd party Japanese retailers/stores on Amazon, so I don't think they will ship to wherever you live. I could be wrong though.

Ennosuke

Sounds amazing, but I have no idea what new opportunities I have now.

I could buy DoA 3 extreme? I guess being in japanese language would be okay for this game.

I want to make a new account, what do I put in the "Name" and "Name pronunciation"? First and then Last Name?

Want to check what it'd cost to order the latest Shiina Ringo Cd ;)

Amiibro

Can I import Amiibos from there and also other gaming action figures, also soundtracks and art books? Amiibos and figures would be huge.

Sorry never used Amazon.jp before or know much about it other than I previously couldn't import Amiibos and Games there directly without a forwarding service.

tiijj

Can I import Amiibos from there and also other gaming action figures, also soundtracks and art books? Amiibos and figures would be huge.

Sorry never used Amazon.jp before or know much about it other than I previously couldn't import Amiibos and Games there directly without a forwarding service.

You can order some amiibos. It must be sold and shipped by amazon jp and no pre-orders (as far as I can check). They already sell soundtracks and books internationally for a very long time. As for figures, most of the ones that I checked doesn't seem to shipped outside japan.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
goKibSo.jpg

holy shit game changer! amazing is that amazon is handling all the taxes, so you don't have to worry about going to the stupid german zoll anymore..it's heaven.

Urgh about 80 Euros if I import DS3 to Germany... at checkout, yes. Could be that I am doing something wrong or the currency rate is fucked right now.

the euro is really weak right now.

Amiibro

You can order some amiibos. It must be sold and shipped by amazon jp and no pre-orders (as far as I can check). They already sell soundtracks and books internationally for a very long time. As for figures, most of the ones that I checked doesn't seem to shipped outside japan.

Bummer for the figures. So much I miss cause I just dont like dealing with most the import sites. Thanks for the quick response

tiijj

Bummer for the figures. So much I miss cause I just dont like dealing with most the import sites. Thanks for the quick response

Just check the figures that you like, they might ship it outside japan. I didn't check all of them, just the ones that I like.

Urgh about 80 Euros if I import DS3 to Germany... at checkout, yes. Could be that I am doing something wrong or the currency rate is fucked right now.

I'm importing to The Netherlands and I had to pay about €70, did you get the standard one or the one that came with OST and map?

My breakdown was €50 for the game, €7,75 shipping and handling, €12,50 import fees.

Mendrox

I'm importing to The Netherlands and I had to pay about €70, did you get the standard one or the one that came with OST and map?

My breakdown was €50 for the game, €7,75 shipping and handling, €12,50 import fees.

I took the more expensive one for 8100 Yen, but with the other version I got the same price as you.... I don't know if I should get the physical version in japanese if I can get the digital one for the same price ugh... (and immediately on release date)

I took the more expensive one for 8100 Yen, but with the other version I got the same price as you.... I don't know if I should get the physical version in japanese if I can get the digital one for the same price ugh... (and immediately on release date)

Depends on how much you value it being physical I suppose, I personally prefer that over having it digitally so I'm fine with importing this way.

Top Bottom