• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.co.jp is now offering international shipping for games and consoles

kiri

Hey guys - amazing news!

So I've updated my address to the UK (had a JP account previously as was living there)

Now I just need to click buy and thats it.....? Seems too simple...

televator

These prices, GAF... this can't be right... Can it? I'm looking at a Saturn and a PS2 game in my cart for what the dinky internet calculator tells me is ~25 USD. WAT

TELL ME THIS IS REAL GAF.

Kiyo

$60usd shipped to play Dark Souls III 2+ weeks early? Too good of a deal to pass up. I'll just resell it once the PC version I have preordered releases.

televator

These prices, GAF... this can't be right... Can it? I'm looking at a Saturn and a PS2 game in my cart for what the dinky internet calculator tells me is ~25 USD. WAT

TELL ME THIS IS REAL GAF.

Welp, I guess I had reality bitch slap me. Marketplace sellers don't ship international. Seems this is limited to what Amazon itself sells. I really wanted that ICO fo 10 bucks. Ah well eBay ain't so bad on it.

Mendrox

Depends on how much you value it being physical I suppose, I personally prefer that over having it digitally so I'm fine with importing this way.

Nya I am buying the normal release in April too and I just want to play the game on release date :) way more important.

I need to add a state province or region and they are all jp reigons...any ideas what to choose?

For the record I am from uk

You are doing something wrong. Just add a delivery adress to your account.

Trying to think of ways to take advantage of this. There are a lot of games I fancy importing at some point, and if they're going for cheaper rates on Amazon than somewhere like YesAsia, then swell!

llehuty

Damn you nintendo for your stupid region locking.

I would be throwing money at the screen as we speak if I could get Picross 3D 2, daigasso, etc.

Jimrpg

So.... Guess I can cancel that upcoming Japan trip then? It's great there's an alternative to play-Asia which I've been using since the PS2 days.

kubus

Pretty cool but I'll stick to Tenso. Ordering a PS4 and a 3DS game puts shipping+import tax at €26... :/

TruthasaurusRex

Neo Member
I need to add a state province or region and they are all jp reigons...any ideas what to choose?

For the record I am from uk

When you need to add an address to your new account you should see a link that says "Add an International Address"
You can input the proper details on that form.

LiK

Gaming books, yes, Games, no (except for some 3rd party sellers who shipped international).

Yea, I tried buying Gravity Daze CE from them in Dec and I was denied because of my location. Ended up using a forwarding service. So unless that one guy can show us a couple of past game purchases that shipped directly to US, then he must be a really lucky guy.

Atkison04

If I import Japanese dark souls 3, will my progress carry over when my US copy shows up a few weeks later? Like can I put in the English version and have all progress with me still or would they show up as 2 seperate entities?

Rpgmonkey

They're selling Star Ocean 5 now and even including the shipping I can get it for 1,000 yen less than Amiami. :eek:

This is amazing. With the current JPY-USD exchange rate it's basically the same as buying a full priced game here.

F4r0_Atak

Really? Should be to the right (above the place order button) with shipping price.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong... :S
amazonjpn_order018krjp.jpg

I can tell this is not going to last for too long. Too good to be true.

Anyway I just ordered Yo-kai Watch Sangokuchi.

Let's see how this goes.

This is great if you live in the US (or another of the few countries with no import taxes), but a forwarder (depending on the fees they charge, of course) seems cheaper otherwise since they can change the declared value.

Top Bottom